Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoG Opening Postponed - official announcement

deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/announcement.php?f=19&announcementid=19

Due to some data synchronization delays, we have to defer the SoG launch to 2:00 PM (UTC) [Monday 12th December].
We are very sorry of this delay. Thank you for your continued support. More about Settlers of Ganareth download, (mettre le lien)

The Dark and Light Team

Currently playing:
* City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
* City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

Comments

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412
    Its hard to make the Mourning Devs look good.  But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence.  You would hink they could have tested this out before they got people up in the middle of the night.
  • fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

oh its going to be fun reading forums today ::::20::

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Looks like i'll have enough entertainment on the DnL forums to last me all day. God bless NPCube and AD. Thanks to them i'll have plenty of interesting things to read.::::28::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Wait till they get the servers up, that is when the really entertaining reading shall begin image

I miss DAoC

• tsr56tsr56 Member Posts: 98

"Its hard to make the Mourning Devs look good.  But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence."

ahahaha

to tell you the truth.. I have more faith in mourning right now. LOL

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

You guys crack me up image

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Jackdog
    Wait till they get the servers up, that is when the really entertaining reading shall begin image

i cant WAIT for that, its gonna be comedy gold reading the forums ::::02::

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

My question is won't they have to delay it again. The official word on SOG is that the servers for it will only be up from Thursdays at 1pm UTC to Tuesdays at 6am UTC. Whichs means through most of Tuesday up until Mid Thursday the server would be down. If that's the case why is it being opened on 12th a Monday for Pioneers and 13th for Settlers. Doesn't that kind of throw their scheduled testing hours off?::::12::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by tsr56

"Its hard to make the Mourning Devs look good.  But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence."
    ahahaha

<offtopic>

http://mourning.gamigo.de/

It is supposed to launch in Germany about the same time as DnL , 4 months from now. The race of the gimped horses.

</offtopic>

I miss DAoC

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Originally posted by Roin
    My question is won't they have to delay it again. The official word on SOG is that the servers for it will only be up from Thursdays at 1pm UTC to Tuesdays at 6am UTC. Whichs means through most of Tuesday up until Mid Thursday the server would be down. If that's the case why is it being opened on 12th a Monday for Pioneers and 13th for Settlers. Doesn't that kind of throw their scheduled testing hours off?::::12::

I was thinking about this, too. Aren't they going to be closed most of tomorrow?

Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by tsr56

ahahaha

<offtopic>

http://mourning.gamigo.de/

It is supposed to launch in Germany about the same time as DnL , 4 months from now. The race of the gimped horses.

</offtopic>

Glad to see Mourning is back.  At least now DnL has a game to compete with.  DnL and Mourning competing is like the special olympics of MMORPGs.
  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

What? 2 PM only? Highly doubtful. Is it open yet? Because it's past 2 PM GMT. Did anyone honestly expect NP3 to stick to one date/time in their lifetime? If so, you're really gullible...

This delay will hardly be the last one. Does anyone notice how their server is having problems loading the forums with only ~2.000 users viewing them? Does anyone notice that SoG is exactly what beta is now?

I'm excited about the chaos and flaming that will happen, once the server is up *dances*
    The truth will prevail!

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

Originally posted by -Inferno-

What? 2 PM only? Highly doubtful. Is it open yet? Because it's past 2 PM GMT. Did anyone honestly expect NP3 to stick to one date/time in their lifetime? If so, you're really gullible...
    This delay will hardly be the last one. Does anyone notice how their server is having problems loading the forums with only ~2.000 users viewing them? Does anyone notice that SoG is exactly what beta is now?
    I'm excited about the chaos and flaming that will happen, once the server is up *dances*
    The truth will prevail!

I agree.  I have been guessing for awhile that SoG is just a  clone of the beta server but it allows them to save face if people hate it as the fanboys can say this is not the real game.  Just an elaborate end around to stall even longer.  Your point about the forums dying really worries me.  If the forums start going poop with 800 people logged in I expect we will have a lot of problems with stability on the game server.  This project just seems way beyond the devs capabilities.  Kind of like asking a  little leaguer to hit against a major league pitcher.  While we would all like to see the little guy succeed we know its just not possible.
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Zippy
    Its hard to make the Mourning Devs look good. But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence. You would hink they could have tested this out before they got people up in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't say a few hours of delay is that big of a deal.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by -Inferno-

The truth will prevail!

Ho yes they stuck to at least one date, remember... the day they charged the Pioneers' accounts. image

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

I agree.  I have been guessing for awhile that SoG is just a  clone of the beta server but it allows them to save face if people hate it as the fanboys can say this is not the real game. 

lol
    When did they ever say SoG wasn't a clone of the beta server? It's just a stripped down version of DnL.
    What did you expect SoG to be?
  • deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Signe
    Originally posted by Roin

I was thinking about this, too. Aren't they going to be closed most of tomorrow?

Logically, that schedule is not valid for the first week.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

Originally posted by Fratman

I agree.  I have been guessing for awhile that SoG is just a  clone of the beta server but it allows them to save face if people hate it as the fanboys can say this is not the real game. 

lol
    When did they ever say SoG wasn't a clone of the beta server? It's just a stripped down version of DnL.

What I was trying to say is its my guess that SoG is not a stripped down version of DnL but rather SoG is a clone of what is actually being tested in beta.  But Rather than be honest with us that we are really testing the beta client the beta they are trying to call it a different name in SoG.  If we would hate the beta version everybody would just go away.  But if we hate SoG the fans will say not to worry as this is not the real game.  Quitea brillant mov on the part of Farlan.  It essentially allows Farlan to keep alive their hope of one more payday, advoiding letting us see their product, continuing to stall and it raised thema nice 500k in pre-orders which i am sure will buy the devs a few xmas presents. 

Either way we should get a good idea of the quality of the gameplay of the server ever does come up.  We are now 10 minutes past their 4th dealine and 6 hours past their 1st dealine.

• DodooDodoo Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Fratman

You see, Fratman, some people think that the SoG server will be a stripped down version of the Beta server.

If SoG sucks big time, they can always tell that the Beta is more advanced than that.

Whereas if SoG is a direct copy of the Beta then they won't be able to.

Well... unless they say that:

"Yeah but even the Beta is not the latest build, they have an internal online build with way more functionalities!

And... and... they also have an internal offline build which is complete!

I promise, I know, I saw it!"

Edit: /owned by Zippy image

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Fadeus
    Its hard to make the Mourning Devs look good. But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence. You would hink they could have tested this out before they got people up in the middle of the night.

A few hours? Hardly.. First it was Dec8th.. then download on the 9th, than start on the 12th.. then pushed back 4 hours.. then pushed back and hour.. then another half hour.. then another half hour.. because they either forgot to install SoG, or screwed up the install. Why wasn't SoG installed and TESTED during those first 5 days they pushed things back?

NP3 are totally incompetent, and AD is just as worthless. This isn't "a few hours", this is more in a string of constantly missed deadlines (the sole exception being the 10,000 keys gone in 80 seconds because they didn't block by IP).

Don't make apologies for these fools, they've been paid, time to offer up a product when they said they would, finally.

• wabbachawabbacha Member Posts: 26

finnally....

out of all these uber 1337 jedi's comes a real "SOE Unscarred" person, one that instead of using his uber 1337 flamming cappabilities he posts something constructive...

i too hate the "NGE" for it brought forth all these whinny lil jedi's..

did someone forget to mention DnL does'nt have....

JEDI

Twi'Leks

Light Sabers

Boba Fett

men running around in pink tights calling themselves "Tera Kazi"

Heavy Proton Rifles

starports

did i mention JED!?

Originally posted by wabbacha

finnally....

out of all these uber 1337 jedi's comes a real "SOE Unscarred" person, one that instead of using his uber 1337 flamming cappabilities he posts something constructive...

JEDI

Twi'Leks

Light Sabers

Boba Fett

Heavy Proton Rifles

starports

did i mention JED!?

You forgot to mention that DnL is also missing a working server.

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by eoweth

A few hours? Hardly.. First it was Dec8th.. then download on the 9th, than start on the 12th.. then pushed back 4 hours.. then pushed back and hour.. then another half hour.. then another half hour.. because they either forgot to install SoG, or screwed up the install. Why wasn't SoG installed and TESTED during those first 5 days they pushed things back?

NP3 are totally incompetent, and AD is just as worthless. This isn't "a few hours", this is more in a string of constantly missed deadlines (the sole exception being the 10,000 keys gone in 80 seconds because they didn't block by IP).

Don't make apologies for these fools, they've been paid, time to offer up a product when they said they would, finally.

I had forgotten it was originally slated for the 8th, my bad.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

No Jedi? :::^(::

Originally posted by wabbacha
    Originally posted by Fadeus Originally posted by ZippyIts hard to make the Mourning Devs look good. But they are doing their best at NP3 to set a new standard of incompetence. You would hink they could have tested this out before they got people up in the middle of the night.I wouldn't say a few hours of delay is that big of a deal.finnally....
    JEDI
    Twi'Leks
    Light Sabers
    Boba Fett
    Heavy Proton Rifles
    starports
    did i mention JED!?

Wrong thread? I am confused...

- Scaris