Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

now im stuck for choice :(

Firstly... w00t!! FFXI is coming on import to a house near me! image  god bless importing! Just think, some greasy arsed bloke is loading a container onto a lovely big boat of happiness. Inside that big container, there  lies a copy of FFXI... with my name on it! image

To the point : I dunno about my class, you guys must be so damn sick of people asking but i don't wanna get FFXI and be wasting precious time thinking of what to be. (i know you can change jobs but i like to know i havnt been wasting my time)

Firstly i was thinking Warrior/Dragoon or Dragoon/warrior. Now, i have changed my mind. I realise that Dragoons arent all they are cracked up to be! BTW, i am going to be hume!

Therefore im thinkin :

Warrior/Paladin

Paladin/Warrior (which best?)

Then im thinkin, what about a completely different angle?

Thief/ranger ?

Ranger/Thief ?

Thief/Samurai ? (vise versa?)

Any ideas people ? Which of the above do you think would be best? Thx in advance!

Metallica is good.
Matrix online will be super.
I hope Final Fantasy XI will be good - after all, i have ordered it.

Metallica is good.
Matrix online will be super.
I hope Final Fantasy XI will be good - after all, i have ordered it.

Comments

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466

Advanced jobs, on the whole, don't make good support jobs. Warrior paladin would be better, and ranger/thief would be better. Both thief/samurai and samuai thief woud work, but it depends on what kind of character you want to be.

Since I've been a ranger I'm going to talk about the ranger/thief combination. I don't know where people have gotten the idea that ranger/thief is an awesome combination, but it really isn't. there simply isn't much to benefit from the thief job. The money that you make from it would still not be near enough to pay for all of your ammo, especially bullets. You can't use the thieve's sneak attack or trick attack with bows, and rangers are so bad with daggers that the damage wouldn't be good at all, even with sneak attack and it wouldn't be enough to build up hate for a good transfer with trick attack. Thieves also get many evasion up passive abilities, which would hardly be used by the ranger since they do not tank (they can take a bit, but they actually can't go on for a long time) and are usually in the back lines. It is true that thieves would give much agility to the ranger job, but you could be a warrior with taunt (for emergencies), berserk, defender (again for emergencies, in my opinion), and all the attack up passive abilities and only have one less agility point than if you have thief subbed. Also, keep in mind that the extra dexterity you would get from the thief job would mean nothing to rangers. Dexterity has nothing to do with ranger skill. In my opinion there can really be nothing that takes away from a job (indeed no job can lower your stats), but there certainly are jobs that can add much more than other jobs.

That said, I do believe in people doing whatever they want for fun or role play. The reason I was a ranger/white mage is because I wanted to be a white mage to level 30. I just loved being a white mage and wanted to use it to unlock the ranger job. Also, the end of the beta was coming up pretty quickly and I didn't want to take any time doing any other job, I wanted to take it as far as I could. Another reason was the the expansion wasn't open to me. The only other viable jobs for me to sub for ranger were warrior, ninja, and samurai, and I didn't want to be a warrior. I wasn't about to level white mage up to level 40 so I could mail Square-Enix, wait a few days, and then get access to the expansion areas and then spend even more time leveling another job only to have no time to play with the ranger job when I was finished with all that, when I really just wanted to try out ranger.