Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liked old UO? It never went away

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

People complain about missing "old UO" all the time.  It never went away, EA just left one server with those settings.  That was Siege Perilous.  I played there after they added trammell, and no one ever came to it but everyone complained yet it was the exact same game as before (after they got rid of some of the crappy rules it started with). 

Yet no one comes, they just complain. 

Even then there's free shards that boast old uo... yet no one comes to them either.

Complain yet don't come?  I don't understand.

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    I'm pretty sure no one went to SP because it only allows for 1 Character Slot per account.  Not sure if they changed this or not.  No one wanted to go to SP to just play one Character.
  • StarkStark Member Posts: 119
    SP is not exactly like old UO. Most players that support the "old UO" style never even played pre Tram. and really have no clue as to what was involved. If they put up a server with the old rules everyone would come for a few days and then go right back to the "new UO" which is far more entertaining. Go to Fel on any server and you see the same small amount of people and script miners/loggers. That's it nothing exciting since everyone is in Tram. The pro pre Tram folks who post are not the majority and that's why SP is not populated. UO is still fun after all these years but it would not be here today if they didnot add the Tram ruleset - period.
  • GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Felucca was full before Trammel, you couldnt even find a place to put a house.  They added Trammel to make more profit.  But i'm 100% sure that if they never added Trammel, that Felucca and UO would still be running strong. Maybe not at 250k people but 150k. 

They dont really need money anyway, its not like it takes alot to upkeep UO's old system.