Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats everyones download time? :P

BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

lol im going at 33 kbs 7 hours to go

Comments

• elvigyelvigy Member CommonPosts: 249

Pretty much the same. I upped my number of peers allowed to 300 (from 115) and it made a small difference, but not much. Only wish I could actually play it once it's done, lol.

• BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

Originally posted by elvigy
    Pretty much the same. I upped my number of peers allowed to 300 (from 115) and it made a small difference, but not much. Only wish I could actually play it once it's done, lol.
    How do you up the number of your peers allowed ect, im new to torrents and cant seem to figure out how to do that and view how many i am currently letting..

What client are you using? I've got Azureus. In that, go to Tools/Options/Transfer. Set the max number of connections to whatever you think you can handle. It's more about your system resources, by the way, than your Internet speed for that. Too many connections could cause your comp to struggle or even crash. I've heard some set up to 700.

• BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

im using bit torrent. Its now running at 80 kbs tho :)

• SoxeSoxe Member Posts: 45

How and where do i go to download the client

• vinylnomikovinylnomiko Member Posts: 51

If you need to speed it up you can try:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww0819p

Honestly, the tech is exactly the same. How hard would it have been to compile something like this to help tose who are new to BT? They dump BT on the community without any help available. I like BT and I think it was a good idea but they should have given more help.

Currently playing: Eve, DAOC, Warhammer
    Games I've beaten: AC, AO, CoH, DAOC, D&D, EQ, EQ2, FFXI, FlyFF, GW, Horizons, L2, Ryzom, Shadowbane, SpaceCowboy, SWG, UO, WoW
    Stay away from: Eudemons Online, DNL, and Roma Victor

HELP me please how do i download this client ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Can someone please help me i don't know how to download the client ?image

Soxe, just go here and follow the directions. You might have probs getting in, though. Their site is getting slammed (again).

http://tinyurl.com/b9pww

Edit-Man, I suck at making links. Anyway, copy and paste that in your browser.

• clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159

Well my download speed is a crappy 5kb - 25 kbs so 1 1/2 days to finish. I wouldnt mind i got a friggin 1-2mb connection with NTL Broadband in UK.

Do i have to use BT Bit Torrent anyone? Is there anything better at all i can use plz ::::08::

what is a jre ? i am so confused

Thank you i think i'm getting it now

Java client. You maybe don't have it installed? go here (another poor attempt at linking coming up)-

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html#sdk

Download and install the separate bundle labeled j2se5.0

i keep getting an error mess. ?? what am i not doing right

O.k. i have downloaded the JRE that i needed and now i am at the link you sent to me but when i doubleclick the launcher.exe it gives me an error mess. an i'm using Azureus  HELP image

oh MY god all i had to do was Right click then download all with flashget then pick the two exe and then it downloaded lol i hope this works :)

O>K> so far it is working but i have a connection speed of 9.2 holy cow lol
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

About 7 hours and 55 minutes for me. Been going for about 2 minutes so far. Almost forgot to download the client. ::::12::

Been too busy playing Cabal and Dekaron.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Glad you got it working. Your speed should pick up over time as your BT client picks up on more peers. I've been averaging about 50Kb/s, give or take.

so what are you looking forward to  SoG so far
  • clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159

Well BT Bitorent doesnt even give u the option to alter u/l or d/l speed.

So downloaded Azerus and did a test assuming i have 1mb connection. So speed test said 88 u/l and 912 d/l speed and now have altered azerus setting as per there guide.

Azerus at the moment is fluctuating between 3-6 kps and BT Bitorent 1-3 kps.

Hehe at this rate the d/l wont have finished in time for the game to be released
    ::::07::

Me? I just want to see what the game is like. They have some nice ideas for the game and I want to see if they have been able to put them to good use. I know it's a stripped down version, but if I get a good feeling on how things are heading, I intend to stick around for a long time. I've been playing mmorpgs for years, but never got in on the ground floor. The closest I got was WoW. I bought it about a month after it hit retail shelves. So this is interesting to me. Basically, all I'm hoping for at first is a decent character creation process (meaning, more options than WoW gives you), some interesting beginning quests and a chance to look around and get an idea of the general gameplay (the UI, movement controls, etc.) As they add more, I'll try it out. Down the road, as they add other things, I'm really interested in the politics aspect as well as the crafting. We'll see. If this doesn't pan out, not sure where my next game is coming from. :)

Originally posted by clinteast
    Well BT Bitorent doesnt even give u the option to alter u/l or d/l speed.So downloaded Azerus and did a test assuming i have 1mb connection. So speed test said 88 u/l and 912 d/l speed and now have altered azerus setting as per there guide.Azerus at the moment is fluctuating between 3-6 kps and BT Bitorent 1-3 kps.Hehe at this rate the d/l wont have finished in time for the game to be released

That's odd. What kind of connection do you have?

my download time picked up to a quick 26.  so i should it done in just a shade under a day image
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by clinteast
    Well BT Bitorent doesnt even give u the option to alter u/l or d/l speed.So downloaded Azerus and did a test assuming i have 1mb connection. So speed test said 88 u/l and 912 d/l speed and now have altered azerus setting as per there guide.Azerus at the moment is fluctuating between 3-6 kps and BT Bitorent 1-3 kps.Hehe at this rate the d/l wont have finished in time for the game to be released

well put it this way. If you have 384kbps up. At about 32kbps you begin to kill off your Download speed. I usually seed at about 28kbps. Really don't need more then that really. As long as you keep your upload speed over 25kbps I'm sure no one will complain. Most BT clients won't make a fuss unless you try setting your upload below 13kbps. At that point most of them cap your download rate.

I use comcast cable. 6mbits down/384kbps up.

With Azerus is one of the most robust BT clients. But also the most difficult to get good speeds from if you've done anything weird to windows. (i.e changing services, messing with the ICS/FireWall settings) You'll get NAT errors that will keep you downloading slowly forever. Also it requires alot of tweaking if you don't have at least a 1.5/1.66ghz CPU with about 768mbs of ram. (Changing the rate at which it updates itself from every 1 second to every 5 seconds is a big help on resources.)

Azerus is nice for the de-centralized tracker options. Me personally I use it only for when i'm downloading anything over 2gigs. Other then that I use Bitcomet for the smaller stuff.

Using Bitcomet to get the SOG client. Currently going at 58kbps down and 28kbps up for me.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.