Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Official" FE Forum

AtheraalAtheraal Member Posts: 90

HEY!

GUYS!

Click the "Forums" button on the FE homepage twice!

::::02::::::02::::::02::

Comments

• drycatdrycat Member Posts: 119

I just signed up. Unfortunately, it appears as though that forum has been up for quite some time now. It does not have an edit feature, or many of the nice perks we get here ( at first glance ). It almost appears as if you have to buy a subscription in order to receive the kind of features we get here. Though, they claim it costs pennies a day! hehe

Anyway, that is a good find Atheraal. A shame that it has been operating for a while now. With the niceties we get here, I will probably just pop in now and again on that forum. It is hosted by ezboards, if anyone was wondering. The devs have stated they reveiw MMPORG.com as well, so I'm not going to have a heartattack if I don't post much over there. heheimage Though, I did post a short topic there for those of us here that migrate. Just as a welcome. But, it is full of typos since I can't edit it! image

• AtheraalAtheraal Member Posts: 90

Yeah, this forum is a little easier on the eyes, too.

You should have seen me when I found it though. ::::06:: I was just checking the new changes to the site (banner, image above archives button) basically clicking around randomly to see if there was any other new stuff when that happens. I'm just like;

"Wha..? I got a popup from the FE site? I'll just clo..." *sees the message from the editors*

"..."

"WHAAAAA!?!"

My roommate came in and asked me why I had shouted so loud. Hehe. ::::02::

• fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

Just to clarify...

Those forums over there are not our "official" forums.  Originally, they were started primarily to test some stuff on the website and some people found them, somehow.

We'll let you know when we launch our "official" official forums.

Thanks again for your loyalty and enthusiasm.

• darkasterdarkaster Member Posts: 187

Originally posted by fedesign
    Just to clarify...
    Those forums over there are not our "official" forums. Originally, they were started primarily to test some stuff on the website and some people found them, somehow.
    We'll let you know when we launch our "official" official forums.
    Thanks again for your loyalty and enthusiasm.

Phew! I thought we had been missing out on a huge community all along for a moment there!

• Hardware-DCHardware-DC Member Posts: 95
    I signed up as well, but this place is much more user friendly and customisable.  I hope the FE Devs wont take it personally if we still use this one.  I had written to FE 2 days before the news letter was sent out and this is where he told me to come.  I'm guessing the other board was concidered a lost cause and they prefered us using here instead.......dunno

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com DC Main Page
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/apocalypse Sci-Fi / Apoc Theme Forums
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/citadel DnD Style Theme forums (coming soon)

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

No, they won't take it personally because that isn't the new forum, as fedesign said. It was simply a fluke that it was discovered... we're supposed to chill here until they get a more functional one up.

There's no need for anyone to go and sign up at the other board, it'll just get replaced soon anyway.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Phee-ew.

I was like omg...

i felt so hurt that I wasn't invited ::::16:: so unwanted.. so.. so...

but now I know its not the official official I dont care...

::::10::

• SuldaSulda Member Posts: 24

Its not Official Official Official..   no where near Official Official..  and not even Official.

Thought I would clarify it for the other half (female half).  AAAAHAHAHAHA

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

What? You know there are no girls on the interweb, thats a myth :P

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong

AMEN Brother!

Anybody who will tell you that they are a girl... more than likely are not.

Anybody who will tell you that they are a girl, and presents themself to you as a near naked night elf female in the midst of "her" stripper dance... is a bloody liar!

Don't make me go look for some statistics hehe jk image
    Now, now..  I have played SWG with women and I KNOW they're women because we use Vent and its a pretty big difference between a male and female voice.  lol
    Well then, if you are so convinced that "real" females exist on the web, answer me these questions.

#1 Why is it that after 30 or years of computer gaming, I have NEVER seen a real flesh and blood girl take up a keyboard and mouse and play a game at any of the LAN's I have attended.

#2 Why is it that I only ever hear of 2nd and 3rd hand incidents of women gaming, but never from the women themselves.

#3 Why is it that I am a virgin at 35? image
  • AtheraalAtheraal Member Posts: 90

Good god, that's sad and funny at the same time. Try checking this out, the stuff has always seemed pretty obvious and natural to me, but some people need to actually have it taught to them (many of my friends) so I tell them about this guy;

David Deangelo

There are women out there. They probably seem like they don't exist, because we are steadfast in the belief they don't play games, which makes every one of us guilty from the gamer to the video game developers. I dug a little of this kind of information up before, but didn't really get into any depth. But, since we are on the topic, look forward to me digging up some detailed information with site links included summarizing the phenomena that is women in gaming. Or maybe you aren't looking forward to it.. that is a preference as well hehe image

Just remember that women in games/gaming or women gamers are kind of a new "concept" as the video game industry has long been a male dominated industry ( from the gamer to the developer ). I don't state this as fact ( but I may as well, since it is published information from my last post about this topic ), it is the general attitude the environment of the video game industry encourages that leads us to misconception. Heck, I see women in the game stores where I live all the time. I love talking to the manager at the EB store, she is one of my best friends now ( Much in the way a drug addict loves their dealer ). We don't talk about games, but we both play them. There are 2 women employees that work at that store, besides her, that are gamers as well. This is not even including the women who come in to shop there. And I don't just mean grandma shopping for her grandchildren. I see gaggles of late teens, early twenties females in there shopping as a group all the time.

I used to play an online text-based roleplaying game about 7 years ago called DragonRealms. I made friends with a female character on there, and we exchanged photos and such after we got to know each other and hung out most of the time. There was nothing romantic about it. It was just friends exchanging information, kind of like pen-pals. She had told me she was a lesbian, and sure I believe her ( it is her choice after all, not mine ). She sent me pictures of her cat, her girlfriend(s) ( Just her and her friends doing mundane things like sitting around, getting drunk, bla bla.. ). And through her, I also got to know her friends, who played this game as well.

I was very surprised that she was willing to exchange information and photos, since most of the time and like many others, I don't like other people knowing who I am. So, don't be surprised and premature to judge everyone that you meet online, you don't know whether they are a real female or not. I think the primary thing that really turns a female off about online games ( it would probably turn me off as well ), is that all the guys are like, " What??!! A real female playing a game? You are kidding me! Send me a photo and your email address so I can see for myself!" I'm even guilty of that at one time in my life hehe image  Once you stop being confrontational, and just friendly, usually it is the women that want to know who they are gaming with. At least in my experiences.

But anyway.. this got to be a long one. Sorry about that hehe

I have another story that is even more interesting, but I will save that for another time and just end this post so I can get in the mood to work and not call in today so I can research this information more hehe

Or, just turn on the TV and watch G4.. that is the other alternative hehe

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong

What are "girls"? Some kind of legendary diety from ancient apranet? ::::39::

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    My this topic has changedimage
  • StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Plenty of girls play games, especially in my experience RPing.

They just hide from guys like you, mostly for reasons already explained.

'OMG A GIRL!!!'

::::18::

Its like alot of things that are "male dominated"  for example, another one of my passions..  cars.

Most of the girls/women I talk to about cars (some who are suprisingly educated and skilled) tell me they got into cars because of one of two reasons.  Their father was into them, making it a bit of a family affair at the weekend dragstrips and such.. or because they have a boyfriend/husband who got them interested.  Of the two, the second is most popular amoung females for getting into online gaming.  I have lived with girlfriends who loved playstation2 and such.. but most of the online RP that I see are wives and girlfriends of males who played it and got them interested.

True alot of them hide their identities (I have heard this directly from one girl) because of the fear that they will encounter alot of teenage or pre-teen pervs looking for some online action and it disgusts them.  Women play these games for the same reason the guys do.  To escape to another reality for a while where they can enjoy themselves.  Alot of women deal with pervs on their daily basis, so why would they want to go online and deal with it also?

Computer gaming has also gotten a rep during the "technology explosion" of being only for kids or for computer geeks, and that its not popular.  Quietly, though, alot of behind the scenes buildup of activity and technology has made it more appealing to everyone...

also bear in mind that our generation (mid-late 20's) were the ones who grew up with it.  I can remember my first Atari.. my first Nintendo.. my first Nintendo64.. my first computer.  All the while I kept upgrading my games and systems to keep up with the tech as it developed.  I have personally watched it all explode and finally.. with the VGA (Video Game Awards) being put on TV with alot of celebrities.. I think it will start to gain its max mainstream acceptance.  Not to mention, we already know that the gaming industry makes more money than the movie industry.

Games arent just for guys.. or just for kids.  Their for everyones enjoyment old, young, male, female... and all are out there enjoying it just like we're meant to.

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Stowaway
    Plenty of girls play games, especially in my experience RPing.

Actually my sister and most of her friends will only play FPS games! The only exception is micro-machines for some uncomprehensible reason!

They told me that their current favourites are doom 2, duke nukem 3d and red faction 1 (apparently the second one didn't live up to their standards! lol)

• DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

You have given away our secret of paradise Atheral! And you will pay... ingame... image

J/K

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

If you couldn't tell, I was joking ::::35::

I know many who play from SWG. Half of the group I gamed with were female players, most of whom played female characters. The one who played a male character was the best bounty hunter on the server. Something about that game drew women in droves. I know my girlfriend wanted to play it, but she loves star wars so thats probably why.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• Hardware-DCHardware-DC Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by RipperjackAU

Well then, if you are so convinced that "real" females exist on the web, answer me these questions.

#1 Why is it that after 30 or years of computer gaming, I have NEVER seen a real flesh and blood girl take up a keyboard and mouse and play a game at any of the LAN's I have attended.

#2 Why is it that I only ever hear of 2nd and 3rd hand incidents of women gaming, but never from the women themselves.

#3 Why is it that I am a virgin at 35? image

Actually, my guild in star wars over 2 years of playing had 32 real females.  Confirmed by the fact we use VENTRILO and most would ocme in and hang out.  One of the females was an on-line stripper and another one I met out of game and ended up being with. 

They are out there for sure.  But I also had about 8 guys that played female chars in the guild as well, which is a bit scarry but hey......what the hell right! image

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com DC Main Page
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/apocalypse Sci-Fi / Apoc Theme Forums
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/citadel DnD Style Theme forums (coming soon)

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Originally posted by Stowaway
    Plenty of girls play games, especially in my experience RPing.They just hide from guys like you, mostly for reasons already explained.
    'OMG A GIRL!!!'
    ::::18::

Nononononono

'ZOMG A GURL LETS CYBUR!!!11'

More like it.

On topic: Can't wait for an official FE forum, full of nice, clean FE people.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.