Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Graphics Engine any time soon?

Well I used to play, and its a great game, but well, Im a tad spoiled with somewhat decent graphics. Now, im not saying those of AO are bad, but they are quite a few years old. The environments have been worked out, but I was wondering if there were any plans for character model/monster model upgrades in the works to give the models more textures, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance.

"Oh how wrong we were to think immortality meant never dying."

Comments

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

Very good Question.

I would bet that if Funcom would remake the graphics upto date with the times of today Like COV or other new games. I bet alot of people would goback to anarchy and new people would come to it.

I don't get why they have not done this yet. Anarchy is a great game.

• NeemisNeemis Member Posts: 5

Closest thing that is to a official respons on the subject :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=419651&page=4

• norsemannorseman Member Posts: 3
    Besides the game play, graphics are a big deal for me. Good graphics can really enhance the player experience. Unfortunately, AO is beginning to show its age and a graphics "facelift" is certainly needed at this time. 
  • KekuleKekule Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by norseman
    Besides the game play, graphics are a big deal for me. Good graphics can really enhance the player experience. Unfortunately, AO is beginning to show its age and a graphics "facelift" is certainly needed at this time. 

I agree... I downloaded AO free play a few days ago and was suprised how "bad" the graphics are.  Coming from WoW's cartoony style it was a little wierd.  But I just remember it is free so I don't complain too much.

Kekule