Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why people?? why???

hohmannhohmann Member Posts: 4
I just used the 10 day free trial for Neocron 2,now i like populated games so it was a big dissapointed to find such a f*king unreal game be so unpopulated which makes it kinda boring... is it just the 10 day trial people on there or is it just always been so unpopulated????

Comments

• hohmannhohmann Member Posts: 4

well..... is anyone going to answer??

• NidhoggNidhogg Member Posts: 36

Which server did you play on? When I looked there was about 350 people on Terra (English) last night and slightly more on one of the German servers. Where did you go? Did you leave MC5? Believe it or not we had one person claim the server was empty and he was only playing the off-line tutorial ;).

N

• hohmannhohmann Member Posts: 4

umm i was out of the tutorial and im in some plaza... still no one is there and i was playing about now yesterday... i wanna get out of that gay plaza.. maybe ther are more ppl out there

• NidhoggNidhogg Member Posts: 36

Bring up your chat channels and make sure there are littles crosses next to each one then pick the help channel and ask if anyone can show you around. I'd also advise joining a clan because one of the biggest draws of *any* MMORPG is the feeling of belonging to a team. Sure, you'll have to take your Law Enforcer chip out to join a clan which will open you up to being killed by other people, but that's part of the fun in a game like Neocron. A good clan will help you if you lose items this way and the flip side is that it really helps level your constitution. ;)

There are also forums in-game and, if you have a full account there are web forums where you can advertise to join a clan.

Have you done the missions that Mr. Jones offers? You can find him in the corridor outside your apartment and he will set you missions that will get you out and about, help build your skills and also reward you at the end.

Finally, it's worth registering on our forums and chatting in New Runners' Corner. There are plenty of people there who will help you out.

N

• PreyfarPreyfar Member Posts: 25

I was playing the 10 day trial, decided to quit... unfortunately, Reakktor doesn't send out a notification when the trial ends, but instead charges you for an item that makes no logical sense.

" Your subscription with NeoCron2-Licence Acquisition-21 Days Free Period was automatically prolonged. CLICK2PAY will directly transfer the required payments from your CLICK2PAY account.

Thank Your for using CLICK2PAY."

21 day free period? I signed up for a 10-day trial, not a 21-day, so... as best as I can tell, I bought a "21-day free period" that cost a little over $30. How is that free? Needless to say, after seeing that on my charge, it left me incredible angry. Neocron's not a bad game, but not a great one, and I have to admit I feel ripped off. I can only imagine other plays like myself getting this e-mail, realizing they've been ripped off and feeling cheated.

Unlike ever other free trial I've been in, I didn't get a warning that my trial was going to end, and then they automatically billed me for ANOTHER "free" trial. Meh. I wanted to like Neocron, but my experience with billing system burned me beyond belief.

Note: I cancelled my subscription, and the game told me, "Status: Subscriptrion status invalid for cancellation". Apparently, my account is invalid to be cancelled -- and yes, the game actually spells subscription wrong. That was not a typo on my part.

http://www.inkjammer.com/typo.gif

Not a fun MMO experience at all.

• ParapsychoParapsycho Member UncommonPosts: 108

Well, if you dont cancel your trial account before the 10 days is up, they charge you for the full game price, which is incidently about $30. They make this blatantly obvious when you sign up for an account. You have to almost try to miss it. That fact alone should make you want to keep track of your time. After you buy the game, they give you a month free with the purchase. Since you already used 10 days of the free month, you are getting the other 21 days.

If you cant keep track of your time or your money, that's completely your fault, not Reakktor's. ::::39::

----------------------------
    Currently Playing:
    DarkWind: War on Wheels

Games Played/Beta Tested

Matrix Online
    Auto Assault
    Anarchy Online
    Everquest 1 & 2
    EVE
    DarkWind: War on Wheels

• ZoneseeKZoneseeK Member Posts: 48

Noone at Reakktor knows how to speak proper English, so if poor spelling and lots of typos bugs you then you won't be thrilled with Neocron. Not only are the generic web page messages skewed with spelling errors, but so is the game itself. Also, many GMs can barely speak English....so you might have a tough time trying to properly communicate and explain things to GMs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StanLee2

I have to weigh in also. Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PreyfarPreyfar Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Parapsycho

Well, if you dont cancel your trial account before the 10 days is up, they charge you for the full game price, which is incidently about $30. They make this blatantly obvious when you sign up for an account. You have to almost try to miss it. That fact alone should make you want to keep track of your time. After you buy the game, they give you a month free with the purchase. Since you already used 10 days of the free month, you are getting the other 21 days.
    If you cant keep track of your time or your money, that's completely your fault, not Reakktor's. ::::39::

Oh, I admit that I knew about buying the game after the trial, but that's not what upset me. What angered me is the fact Reakktor/Pay2Click's e-mail make no mention of that, and for all I knew according to what the e-mails stated, I had just purchased a "21-day free trial". Had the game said, "Your 10-day trial has expired and you have been automatically subscribed to Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York. A license for the full game has been charged to your account." it would have made more sense, but fact is the game's e-mail doesn't make that apparent. In fact, it's entirely misleading as to what you even purchased.

It looks like it's saying, "Hey, you just bought another free trial!" Though I am dissapointed that Reakktor doesn't send out a reminder. I was attempting to cancel before the 10th day, but I had gotten called out on an emergency.

There just wasn't any way to tell my free time. Perhaps it was stupid of me to expect a polite email reminder, or I've just been spoiled by games with stronger customer service that send out a polite courtesy e-mail.