Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE has ruined their name with this one

Comments

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I know what u all mean i just cancelled my account the other day.  It just gets soo boring get xp, gain a level and if u are an artisan craft new stuff.  The game is so buggy i lost half of the items in my inventory because of a bug from which all i know of they never fixed.  I have a lot of respect for lucasarts but i get very mad at SOE.  Maybe everyone should leave galaxies an go buy Star Wars:KOTORimage

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Misti

.  SoE has something like  250k playing SWG

Hehe, if you actually believe those numbers SWG tells ya, then I got some great beach front property  in Iraq I can sell ya.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MakaneMakane Member Posts: 232

I did leave galaxies and picked up SW Kotor, which was a much more enjoyable experience. The thing with SOE is that I don't think they fully realize what a shitty game they made, and they continue to make huge mistakes. I'm playing Horizons now and although it's still pretty new, it has far less problems than SWG always had.

Also, to whomever said SWG has 250k+ subscribers...that is complete bullshite. Do your math: Even if each server held 10,000 players, I've heard that they have been low to medium population since September. I'm not sure how many servers they have now or what the cap is. Let's say 25 servers total, each being low to medium population. Assuming a 10k player cap on each:

Half servers at low pop = 2500 players * 12 servers = 30,000 players

Half servers at medium pop = 5000 players * 13 servers = 65,000 players

total 95,000 players

There could not possibly be that many people still playing this game. Even being more liberal than I, there's no way they could be at 250k subscribers. /endmathrant

/deepbow

MAKANE
    (Horizons: Malakye Revan - lvl 10 Mage, lvl 3 Scholar on Bounty)

• Originally posted by BurningMan
    go to any of these sites
    http://www.zolrman.com/eq/
    http://www.bicklein.com/dabbu/archives/000005.html
    http://www.digitalbloc.com/archives/2003/08/everquest_sucksanother_life_away.shtml

lets not forget the incidient with the poor girl who does becuase her mom played EQ

"Thirty-Six year old Mary Christina Cordell is being charged with manslaughter, after neglecting her 3 year old daughter while she wasted her life and money away on the popular with the basement dweller crowd "Everquest" for the PC. During her two hour plus non-stop gamefest, she had no idea of the location of her daughter, who was later found dead in an a car with no ventilation. "

what will they say about her! Cause of Death:Everquest
    If you need more sites then just ask EQ SUCKS LIVE WITH IT

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

This is a D E A D H O R S E. It's been gone over too many times. Games do NOT kill anyone.

Irrisponsible ADULTS are the cause.

"I didn't kill him, it was the cocaine I took that killed him."

"I didn't kill him, it was the music I listend to from Judas Priest that did the killing."

"I didn't kill him, it was the beer inside me that killed him."

"I didn't kill him, it was the gun I'm holding that killed him."

Ever Quest in NO way, shape, or form, killed that mother's little girl. The mother saw a chance to sue a billion $$$ company, instead of accepting full responsibility for her actions.

Here let me help you out, there's an even MORE famous case about a guy in the mid-west who commited suicide. He quit his job, stole from his mother, all to play EQ as much as possible. He later put a shotgun in his mouth and blew his head off. Cops found EQ still on his computer.

Did EQ kill him? Or is his irresponsible behavior at fault?

Look at how many Collage kids failed school when DOOM first came out. Is DOOM responsible for them flunking? Or was it their irresponsible behaviour staying up all night long playing non-stop?

• Originally posted by Makane

Also, to whomever said SWG has 250k+ subscribers...that is complete bs.

You are very correct!

SWG does not have 250k accounts.

SWG has 300k+ accounts.

Do your math: Even if each server held 10,000 players, I've heard that they have been low to medium population since September. I'm not sure how many servers they have now or what the cap is. Let's say 25 servers total, each being low to medium population. Assuming a 10k player cap on each:

Half servers at low pop = 2500 players * 12 servers = 30,000 players

Half servers at medium pop = 5000 players * 13 servers = 65,000 players

total 95,000 players

There could not possibly be that many people still playing this game. Even being more liberal than I, there's no way they could be at 250k subscribers. /endmathrant

/deepbow

MAKANE
    (Horizons: Malakye Revan - lvl 10 Mage, lvl 3 Scholar on Bounty)

If you are "not sure". If you "heard" then you should NOT be attempting to do any math at all. Math is a science of FACTS.

1. SWG has 20 servers:

Ahazi

Bloodfin

Bria

Chilastra

Corbantis

Eclipse

Flurry

Gorath

Intrepid

Kauri

Kettemoor

Lowca

Naritus

Radiant

Scylla

Starsider

Sunrunner

Tarquinas

Valcyn

Wanderhome

2. Each server when full can hold 12,000 players online at the same time comfortably. After that, the server will not allow more players on it.

3. Each server can hold 25,000 accounts.

4. See the little "START" button in the lower left corner of your monitor's screen? Click on it one time. Then scroll up to the folder that says "programs". Hover on it and a new menu will appear. Keep going until you see a tiny program called Calculator. Click on it, viola! Your computer's calculator will now appear.

5. 12,000 * 20 = 240,000 max players can play online at the same time if every server reaches its limit. When all servers say FULL.

6. 6,000 * 20 = 120,000 players online when all the servers say MEDIUM.

7. 3,000 * 20 = 60,000 players online when all the servers say LOW.

8. 25,000 * 20 = 500,000 seperate accounts can be stored, and active.

9. 300,000 = The official stated published number of accounts for SWG. As stated at the official SWG site. A N D at the official LucasArts site.

Since SWG is a SCS (single character per server) it means out of every MMORPG ever made, only in SWG is it far more likely that every player you see is actually an individual and not a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 8th multi account. (Like in EQ for example. EQ has 400k + accounts, but closer to 200k individuale players.) Of course to SONY this doesn't matter if 1 player is playing 1k accounts, or if 1k individuale players are playing 1k accounts.

Need further proof that there ARE that many people playing this game/

1. Right now go play the game and see the stats for yourself!

2. The fact that SWG is increasing the number of servers is for a reason.

Just like AO has increased the number of their servers for a reason.

Heck, just like Runescape has doubled the number of their servers for a reason.

- This public service to correct false info has been brought to you by

XplOrOrOr

Server: Starsider, Sunrunner, Wanderhome

And by someone who can PROVE they have actually PLAYED SWG:

http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

• Originally posted by En1Gma

Originally posted by Misti

.  SoE has something like  250k playing SWG

Hehe, if you actually believe those numbers SWG tells ya, then I got some great beach front property  in Iraq I can sell ya.

Misti, me, and thousands of others will buy it!

Iraq has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. In fact, it's the sight of where the Garden of Eden is located. Ahh... what's that? You are another stereotypical American who does not know his world geography? Tsk tsk.

Sorry xplororor, I didn't know we had a SWG fanboi on these forums, and mentally challenged too! I'll take on your arguments one at a time:

1. SWG does have twenty servers, very good!

Well let's see, you come here posting as if you have and know the facts. I've just shown you do NOT have the facts. You incorrectly state how many servers SWG has. You say "I've heard". I've shown that I've actually played the game. You still can't prove you've played SWG. That's why you say "I've heard".

Simply say "Thank you for correcting me. I incorrectly stated how many servers SWG has."

2. Each server can hold 12k players on at a time, this sounds right but where do you get your numbers?

As an actual player of SWG, I get full access to the SWG forums. The forums have a thing called the Dev Tracker . I simply typed in Hayden Blackman, and Raph Koster. They both state the exact numbers the SWG servers will allow online at the same time. And how many accounts maximum the servers will store.

I would post the exact link, but the site does not allow off site linking. You must be an actual account holder to view all posts. And to view the dev tracker.

3. Whoa! wait a minute. Where the hell did you get this info? After playing in beta and release for months and reading the SWG forums religiously I never heard this number. And why the hell would they allow 25k accounts on a single server, then limit it to 12k chars online at a time. That would stop many people from playing if the server filled up.

I am talking about SWG as of December 2003. Any info you are using from Beta is obsolete. That is why I challenged you to prove you are playing SWG right now.

BTW,  if you are not playing SWG (don't have an active account) you cannot be still reading the official forums right now. ;)

SWG is played by players from many, many, different time zones. Only during the first 2 months of release were there problems on some servers with players not able to log on because it was too full. The reason each server can store 25k accounts, but only allow 12k players to play at the same time is because not all 25k players try to play at the same time. (Except for the first 2 months of release when everyone took vacation from work, school, life, etc...)

This way SWG makes the most use of server storage and space. And each server is more likely to be continously running at almost full capacitiy (almost 12k players online at the same time all the time.) No matter how many log off, others will take their place - so the thinking goes. It usually works out right as they planned.

4. I know where the ---- the calculator is ------. Sit and spin you insignificant little ------.

You are the one who first stated incorrect numbers. Calculators don't make mistakes. The person using them do. How else did your numbers come out incorrectly.

BTW, I never called you any names, sooo... why are you now resorting to name calling?

5. Good you can multiply!

Thank you for the compliment after all that namecalling you did.

6. Yes, that's correct! 120,000 players when ALL SERVERS say MEDIUM.

7. Correct again! 60,000 players when ALL SERVERS say LOW.

8. I still don't know where you get this number but for the sake of argument, I'll let you have this one. Just because the accounts can be created, doesn't mean they ARE.

You are missing the point. It does not matter how many players are online at the same time when the servers say HIGH, MEDIUM, or LOW. As long as all 300k accounts are being paid for, SONY wins.

Just like with EQ. They have 400k + accounts being paid for. But at times only 200k or less players actually play. As long as all 400k + accounts are being paid for, SONY wins.

9. They did state that 300k was the number of subscribers, and also complete BS.

What have we here? You, some gamer is saying SONY and LucasArts are lying? Well, believe what you wish. Meanwhile, according to Mr. Reality, SWG continues on. SONY continues making $$$$ of the 300k accounts they are lying about. LucasArts continues making $$$ off the 300k accounts they are lying about.

Most players that post to the SWG forums have multiple accounts so they can play several chars on the same server. That's what it's used for. I don't get what you're saying. If each player has multiple accounts, it would artificially buff the number of subscribers.

1. Yes and no.

2. This can be said about ALL MMORPGs.

3. Re-read my original point. It does not matter if 1 player has 1,000 accounts. Or if 1,000 players have 1,000 accounts. SONY and LucasArts are still making $$$$ from 1,000 accounts being paid for.

3b. SWG is the only MMORPG with SCS. This means it is LESS likely most players have multiple accounts.

Yes, I still need further proof. You haven't shown me anything yet. All servers can't be at medium and low pops at the same time. If half the servers were medium and half were low, this would equal 90k players on. The servers now are mostly low and 1 or 2 are medium. On to your other statements:

Actually, it IS possible for all servers to be FULL, MEDIUM, or LOW, or .... as you keep thinking - MIXED. The first 2 months of release ALL servers were FULL. Many players complained about not being able to play even though they already had characters. Or they might get DC or log off, but be unable to re-log back in immediatly.

At different times of the day, week, and month, sometimes ALL servers are LOW. Peak time for SWG is generally Sunday day since it's the start and end of the weekend in most countries around the world.

Most of the time, the servers are mixed. 3 might be full, 8 might be medium, 9 might be low, etc.. etc.. etc...

1. I have seen the server stats at primetime and read on the SWG forums, my statement about the servers being at low to medium stands.

Yes, and? So?

Refer back to number 3 in my list of points. As long as there are 300k accounts being paid for, it does not matter how much the servers jump up and down.

2. Why would SOE increase the number of servers when none of the servers are full? I heard about them increasing the number of servers just after release, but haven't heard anything else on it since.

At release there were roughly 8 servers. Then 10. Then 15. Then 18. Now there is 20.

The SE (Space Expansion) will be equivilant to doubling the game and its features (IF it is done right.). Look for SWG do add even more servers when the SE arrives.

Again, the server population continously spikes, even though the amount of accounts stored on each server might be at maximum. 10 servers could have reached the 25k account limit. SONY cannot force all the players to always be online. BUT SONY must then make another server so more new accounts can be created - even if only 5k players are online on those first 10 servers.

My original assessment of 95,000 players still stands, and that is if you say that 10 servers are at medium and 10 are at low population, which never happens now. You have shown me nothing.

Why must it be "10 servers at medium and 10 at low"? It could (and does occure) happen 20 are on low. Or 3 are full and 18 are medium and 1 is low. Or 5 are medium and 15 are low. The amount of players online (server population) is not the bottom line.

It is the amount of total accounts. SWG has 300k+ total accounts, reguardless of how many players are online at the same time throughout the day and night.

Ohh good! You can prove you play SWG!!! Good thing that SOMEBODY does.

And you seem unable to.

The obvious clue was when you incorrectly stated how many servers SWG has.

Further clues that you don't play SWG are when you state "I've heard" etc....

/deepbow

You don't have to bow to me. I'm not here for that. I'm only here to correct any false or misleading information.

MAKANE
    (Horizons: Malakye Revan - lvl 18 Mage, lvl 9 Scholar on Bounty)

I agree Horizons is a decent game.

"I've seen the top of the mountain, and it is good"

I prefer swiming in the seas instead of mountain climbing. But to each his own. ;)

I'm not going to debate with a mental midget. I don't have to prove a damn thing to you xplororor.

Have a nice day :)

/deepbow

MAKANE

"I've seen the top of the mountain, and it is good".

• Negative71Negative71 Member Posts: 162

That's hilarious.. he provides a very good, itemized response.. and all you can come up with is to call him "fanboi".. which is one of the most retarded attempts at an insult I've ever seen and usually makes the person using it look worse than their intended victim. BRAVO! I want to sincerely thank you for the laugh you gave me with this doom-and-gloom nonsense thread and the graceful insertion of your foot into your mouth. *rousing golf-clap*

I'll let you get back to your prophecies of doom. Personally, I need to go get some beer so I can try to kill the brain cells that remember that utterly irrational people play the same games I do. :) Have a day.

-- Death to picture-sigs. --

I just got Star Wars: KOTOR.  I played it nonstop until my computer messed up.  I just got it fixed but i had 2 start a new game.  Anyway, KOTOR is such a better game than SWG.  Oh yeah and for the person that was obsessed with SWG and trying to show how many accounts were subscribed look at the server capacity.  EVERY server is on low. Just thought i'd share that wit uimage

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    I wouldn't say SOE has ruined their name.  Sure, SWG could use some content, but just look at those graphics and character customization features.  I hope some of that technology is in EQ2 when it comes out.

I'm not going to debate with a mental midget. I don't have to prove a ---- thing to you xplororor.
    Have a nice day :)

/deepbow
    MAKANE

You have proven ALOT to both me, and to all the Lurkers here. ;)

Have a nice day!

• Originally posted by milhoan6
    I just got Star Wars: KOTOR.  I played it nonstop until my computer messed up.  I just got it fixed but i had 2 start a new game.  Anyway, KOTOR is such a better game than SWG.  Oh yeah and for the person that was obsessed with SWG and trying to show how many accounts were subscribed look at the server capacity.  EVERY server is on low. Just thought i'd share that wit uimage

1. This discussion area is for Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided.

Notice how there is a list of other games on the far left margin. Each has their own discussion area.

Also, the subject of this thread is if SOE/SONY ruined their name by making SWG.

Also, this entire site, mmorpg.com is dedicated to ... MMORPGs. Not to RPGs.

You like Knights of the Old Republic? So do I. I also like Jedi Power Battles, and Jedi Outcast.

And I talk about them on RPG sites, and in forums dedicated to those games.

KotoR is a RPG and cannot be compared to SWG which is a MMORPG. Both are 100% differnt games.

2. It doesn't matter if the server population for SWG says, High, LOW, or Medium.

SWG still has 300,000 + accounts. Just thought I'd share that with you image

• SamuraiEtoSamuraiEto Member Posts: 50

I really think it's funny how some of you get  so out of hand and bent out of shape over a video game... wow people... relax... less sugar, less caffeine, more life lol If someone disagrees with your opinion then what's the big deal? Just move on... It's like Jerry Springer for computer nerds in here.

Anyway, SWG sucks imho and FFXI rocks :) Exit SOE - Enter Square-Enix. That's all I have to say!

Originally posted by SamuraiEto

I really think it's funny how some of you get  so out of hand and bent out of shape over a video game... wow people... relax... less sugar, less caffeine, more life lol If someone disagrees with your opinion then what's the big deal? Just move on... It's like Jerry Springer for computer nerds in here.
    Anyway, SWG sucks imho and FFXI rocks :) Exit SOE - Enter Square-Enix. That's all I have to say!

1) And your "look at me, I'm not as wound up as the rest of you, I'm so cool" post helps matters how?

2) Some of us don't like that anime-type crap, so FFXI (and all the other new-ish FF games for that matter) is out of the picture. Personally, I can't mute the TV fast enough whenever some Final Yapping Fantasy MCMLXXXVI ad comes on. I've even had passing thoughts about shooting the TV whenever those crap ads come on, but it would be a hideous waste of both an 8mm armor piercing round and a crappy TV.

3) SWG definitely has its faults.. and I'm dealing with massive burnout from it right now.. but it isn't nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. The game certainly isn't going to die because a few forum doom-and-gloom prophets have said it to be so. SOE isn't ruining their "name" with the game, because quite frankly it only has a "name" with Evercrap addicts. To the rest of us, it's getting its first chance via SWG to make a "name" with us.

IF SWG makes a noticeable downturn in quality between now and its first anniv. of hitting store shelves, THEN maybe I'll START to listen to the woe-is-SOE crowd. Until then, you're just spouting off nonsense. I started with Earth and Beyond.. and all sorts of people proclaimed that EVE's release would be the death of E&B. It wasn't. They also proclaimed that SWG would be the death of E&B. It wasn't. I'm sure many of them even said that EA was ruining its "name" with E&B. It didn't.. if anything, The Sims Online is doing that FAR more effectively than any other game could. (unless you're into BDSM and the organized harassment of other players and all the other nauseating crap that goes on in TSO)

Now that I think about it.. if you doom-and-gloom people want an example of a MMOG that IS ruining a company's "name", do a little reading up on TSO and organizations like the SSG.. or the 13 year old who's making real money off of virtual prostitution. The errors (real or imagined) of all other MMOG DEV teams or player bases or whatever sort of pale in comparison.

Originally posted by Negative71

3) SWG definitely has its faults.. and I'm dealing with massive burnout from it right now.. but it isn't nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. The game certainly isn't going to die because a few forum doom-and-gloom prophets have said it to be so. SOE isn't ruining their "name" with the game, because quite frankly it only has a "name" with Evercrap addicts. To the rest of us, it's getting its first chance via SWG to make a "name" with us.

Lol, you may wanna look up the player-base.....it was 300,000 in July.  The numbers were at 25,000 in November.  True, still a lotta people, but a big drop for 4 months.

The game sucks, it truly does.  People aren't simply pissed because the game sucks.  people are pissed because half of what the DEVS say is BS and lies and has been caught in their lies time and time again.

If any of you guys play this g ame, you're just wasting your time and money. (Ive played SWG from Beta 2 through October...and som  of vehicles patch)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Yeah SWG has 300,000 accounts only if you believe what the devs tell you.  I mean come on maybe in July they had 300,000 but i can assure you they don't now.

Jus thought I would share that wit u

P.S. Why don't you get a life xploror, i was simply comparing two games!image

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by milhoan6

Yeah SWG has 300,000 accounts only if you believe what the devs tell you.  I mean come on maybe in July they had 300,000 but i can assure you they don't now.

Sometimes I think about tossing SOE a final $15.00 just so I could view the forums again (which became more fun than the actual game).

I'd like to see for myself how bad the lag is, the huge parking lots, the fiascos with the cities (/warn), the Holocron camping, and finally, just how much of the place has turned into a ghost-town. 

But then I'd have to give those idiots another $15.00, and I think they ripped me off enough already.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

Just curious.. but have any of you who are dedicated SWG-complainers actually PLAYED within the last 2 months or so? Just curious. So many of you speak as if you KNOW how things are there.. but then you slip up and make it seem like you haven't played for the last couple big patches. (mounts/player cities, vehicles, etc.)

• Originally posted by milhoan6

I like that, more name calling. I showed you up with facts. You could not refute them. So you try making fun of me and calling me names, and making things up. How do you know if I have a life or not? How do you know if I'm successful or not?

What else do we have here? You, an annonymous gamer, are making the serious charge that the SWG game DEVs are lying about how many accounts SWG has? You are also saying LucasArts (who also make KotOR) is lying about how many accounts SWG has?

Why are you even posting? When the facts are presented, you simply brush them off and say they are all lies.

Lol, you may wanna look up the player-base.....it was 300,000 in July.  The numbers were at 25,000 in November.  True, still a lotta people, but a big drop for 4 months.

The game sucks, it truly does.  People aren't simply pissed because the game sucks.  people are pissed because half of what the DEVS say is BS and lies and has been caught in their lies time and time again.

If any of you guys play this g ame, you're just wasting your time and money. (Ive played SWG from Beta 2 through October...and som  of vehicles patch)

En1Gma ,

And you may want to stop spamming FALSE information.

1. SWG released in July 2003 (technically near the last day of June.) They had 10 servers.

It is IMPOSSILBE for SWG to have had 300,000 accounts in July.

1b. Each server can hold 25,000 accounts. Each server can allow 12,000 players to play at the sametime online. With 10 servers that's 250,000 accounts that can be stored, and 120,000 players that can play online at the exact same time.

1c. Station.com and LucasArts NEVER announced in July that they reached 300,000 accounts. They announced this by November!

2. SWG then kept adding NEW and more servers. It was in November that Station.com , AND LucasArts at their site, both announced SWG reached the 300,000 account mark. (SWG actually had over 330,000 accounts.)

3. 25,000 is NOT a lot of people in the world of MMORPGs. Go check out AC2. They have 30k accounts or less. LOL.

4. Any MMORPG with 100,000 accounts or more is considered by industry standards to be a bona fid success.

5. Post ingame screen shots of you actually playing SWG. Tell us what server you played on. What your character name was. This way your arguments will have at least 1% weight and we will know for sure if you REALLY played SWG or not.

And exactly when was the last time you played SWG too.

6. If you are going to make accusations about the SWG DEVs as serious as calling them liars, or saying half of what they say is a lie.... then list each lie you claim they have made. Don't forget to list the name of the DEV who made the lie too.

7. If you want to believe that between November and December (right now it's only January 4, so it's still roughly 1 month ago that SWG announced it reached the 300k mark.)

SWG lost over 275,000 accounts, and that 275,000 players suddently cancelled their accounts after playing for 5 solid months - it is up to you. Believe what you want. Believe in your made up false information. But do not go around posting false information trying to confuse others, and even trying to sabatoge the success of SWG.

8. Last what MMORPG is your favorite one. With soo much anger you have towards SWG, there must be some other MMORPG that you absolutly love and enjoy. Which one is it?

Just curious.. but have any of you who are dedicated SWG-complainers actually PLAYED within the last 2 months or so? Just curious. So many of you speak as if you KNOW how things are there.. but then you slip up and make it seem like you haven't played for the last couple big patches. (mounts/player cities, vehicles, etc.)

yes i have (read my last post) I went in for another month to see how the game was with the vehicle patch, player run cities, and mounts.  It really wasn't that impressive.  Anchorhead was littered with three of the same type of vehicles and what wasn't a ghost town look like a parking garage.

So, the answer to your question is: yes I did check it out recently and yes the DEVs and CSRs are still pretty bad at what they do.

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by En1Gma

En1Gma ,

And you may want to stop spamming FALSE information.

1. SWG released in July 2003 (technically near the last day of June.) They had 10 servers.

It is IMPOSSILBE for SWG to have had 300,000 accounts in July.

1b. Each server can hold 25,000 accounts. Each server can allow 12,000 players to play at the sametime online. With 10 servers that's 250,000 accounts that can be stored, and 120,000 players that can play online at the exact same time.

1c. Station.com and LucasArts NEVER announced in July that they reached 300,000 accounts. They announced this by November!

2. SWG then kept adding NEW and more servers. It was in November that Station.com , AND LucasArts at their site, both announced SWG reached the 300,000 account mark. (SWG actually had over 330,000 accounts.)

3. 25,000 is NOT a lot of people in the world of MMORPGs. Go check out AC2. They have 30k accounts or less. LOL.

4. Any MMORPG with 100,000 accounts or more is considered by industry standards to be a bona fid success.

5. Post ingame screen shots of you actually playing SWG. Tell us what server you played on. What your character name was. This way your arguments will have at least 1% weight and we will know for sure if you REALLY played SWG or not.

And exactly when was the last time you played SWG too.

6. If you are going to make accusations about the SWG DEVs as serious as calling them liars, or saying half of what they say is a lie.... then list each lie you claim they have made. Don't forget to list the name of the DEV who made the lie too.

7. If you want to believe that between November and December (right now it's only January 4, so it's still roughly 1 month ago that SWG announced it reached the 300k mark.)

SWG lost over 275,000 accounts, and that 275,000 players suddently cancelled their accounts after playing for 5 solid months - it is up to you. Believe what you want. Believe in your made up false information. But do not go around posting false information trying to confuse others, and even trying to sabatoge the success of SWG.

8. Last what MMORPG is your favorite one. With soo much anger you have towards SWG, there must be some other MMORPG that you absolutly love and enjoy. Which one is it?

here's a link showing the DEVs informing IGN back in August that they had hit 275,000 players.  In their forums, Q was bragging about 300,000.  http://wire.ign.com/articles/435/435614p1.html

You proved my point exactly.  It is impossible to have 300,000 people for their servers (even 275,000).

Also, when I reactivated my account just for a month to see the new additions I did not see ONE no, not ONE server that was heavy.  And there was only 3 servers that was medium.  Take note, this was on a Friday night.

You really don't have to argue back and forth about this topic.  I am not spamming false information as anyone can log onto google and with a bit of research, see for themselves.  I don't have to convince anyone how this game is.  As a matter of fact, I invite anyone to play this game for 2.5 to 3 months and then tell me what you think about it.  You'll see that I am right.

I've played this game since Beta2 up to October and then again in December.  I'm not a person who tried it out for a couple months and then decided to slam it.  Ive been playing SWG since March 03 (almost a year and almost 4 months before retail).

I'm not making fun of noone onthese forums and I am merely stating my opinion.  If anyone who wants to try SWG, then go ahead.  By the end of the 2nd or 3rd month, you'll find yourself on the forums reading all the flames from players and false hopes from the DEVs.  Whats scary is, you'll enjoy logging on the forums way more than playing the game.

I've played my fair share of mmorpgs to see that this product is SOE's way of using a good name and license to get some fast cash.  Like I said in the last few paragraphs, if you dont believe me, buy it and play it for 2.5 to 3 months.

xplorere, if you have played for as long as I have and still defend it as much, then I really have to say you are in the extreme minority.  Virtually every game review thinks the same as many of us do for the exception of IGN

here's a link showing the DEVs informing IGN back in August that they had hit 275,000 players.  In their forums, Q was bragging about 300,000.  http://wire.ign.com/articles/435/435614p1.html

Not a single SWG game DEV is listed at that link. More FALSE information you are posting, and trying to spread.

Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts is NOT a SWG game DEV. LOL his position is obviously listed.

John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment is NOT a SWG game DEV. His position is obviously listed.

Stephen Coleman is NOT a SWG game DEV - he's a reporter for IGN.

The DATE on the article is August 27. The end of August, 2 solid months after SWG was released. No where in the article does it say SWG has 300,000 accounts. Nowhere!

You get an A- for effort for trying to step up to my challenge to provide your sources and proof behind your information. This link, this article, this ONLY 'source' you can list, actually goes against your information. Thank you for providing me with more ammo in my war on people spreading false information about SWG.

You proved my point exactly.  It is impossible to have 300,000 people for their servers (even 275,000).

*Sigh* You said SWG announced in July they had 300k accounts. I showed how this was false. Anyway, if we BOTH now agree that SWG did NOT have 300k accounts in July then we are set.

I want to add that SWG never announced at all that they had 300k accounts in July. Even your link, your 'proof' is

1. Dated at the end of August

2. Never ever says SWG has 300k accounts

3. Does not contain a single statement by a SWG game DEV. Thus, your claim that the SWG game DEVs lied - is FALSE.

Also, when I reactivated my account just for a month to see the new additions I did not see ONE no, not ONE server that was heavy.  And there was only 3 servers that was medium.  Take note, this was on a Friday night.

Did you browse through the rest of this thread? Did you browse the rest of the threads in this forum? Some have already tried bringing this up. This argument has already been shot down.

Here, I will shoot it down again. *Takes out shotgun*

1. SWG has over 300k accounts.

2. It does not matter how many players are online at the same time. As long as 300k accounts are being payed for, SONY and LucasArts are making money off of 300k accounts.

3. A further example is EverQuest. It has over 400k accounts but roughly 200k active players playing it. SONY and Varant are still making $$$$$ off of 400k accounts. Heck, many EQ players have 4 to 8 accounts! LOL!

4. SONY cannot (and does not) want all 300k SW players playing at the exact same time. SONY also cannot FORCE all it's players to play at the exact same time. Also, even though SWG is the only SCS MMORPG, some players do have 2 and 3 accounts. They log off one, and log in to another.

You really don't have to argue back and forth about this topic.  I am not spamming false information as anyone can log onto google and with a bit of research, see for themselves. 

So far you have come here posting tons of information such as the SWG game DEVs are liars, SWG announced in July they had 300k accounts, SWG now has 25k accounts. You have not been able to provide a single proof or source of your information.

This means all your information is FALSE.

You are right, I do not have to argue back and forth. I called you out, you tried to answer (provide proof) and you have been unable to. I have ended the arguement.

Now you say 'anyone can log onto google with a bit of research, see for themselves'.

Basically what you are saying is since you cannot provide proof to back up your FALSE information, that it is up to everyone else to find the proof that you cannot find. Not good. Pathetic.

BTW, why can't you log into google and you do a bit of research, and you find/see for yourself, and you post the links here?

Wait... HOW can you even post here your information if you have NOT YET FIRST ALREADY 'logged into google, do a bit of reasearch, and find/see' ? How can you comep here posting information you have not researched? Then tell everyone to research your information, if you yourself have not already researched your own information?

I don't have to convince anyone how this game is.  As a matter of fact, I invite anyone to play this game for 2.5 to 3 months and then tell me what you think about it.  You'll see that I am right.

But you over and over again have been trying to convince everyone how this game is.

You have been calling SWG negative names, calling the game DEVs negative names. What else is that but an attempt to convince everyone how this game is?

I've played this game since Beta2 up to October and then again in December.  I'm not a person who tried it out for a couple months and then decided to slam it.  Ive been playing SWG since March 03 (almost a year and almost 4 months before retail).

Then post your ingame screenshots please. Then post your ingame character name please. Then post what server you played on please. And post what PA or PAs you may have been a member of. Also post the user name you used to post on the offcial SWG forums so I can look up your posts. image 

I'm not making fun of noone onthese forums and I am merely stating my opinion. 

Calling the SWG game DEVs L-I-A-R-S is making fun of them. That is not an opinion. That is an accousation. A very, very, serious one. And since you have yet to show your proof, it is FALSE information.

If anyone who wants to try SWG, then go ahead. 

Your first, unbiased, non-negative, unbiased, post.

By the end of the 2nd or 3rd month, you'll find yourself on the forums reading all the flames from players and false hopes from the DEVs.  Whats scary is, you'll enjoy logging on the forums way more than playing the game.

Why are you saying people should go try this game for theirselves, then you tell people what to expect? Are you afraid too many people may form different opinions about SWG? Are you afraid of adding more accounts to SWG?

The official SWG forums are now open only to players who are actually playing SWG. This makes everyone posting far more accountable and has cut down on the Trolling, spamming, and flameing.

False hopes? What is wrong with the game DEVs having hopes? To have hope is to have plans. You calling their hopes and plans false is simply your opinion. Them having a game with 300k accounts is something True to hope in and not give up on. And to keep trying to make better - to keep hopeing in.

I've played my fair share of mmorpgs to see that this product is SOE's way of using a good name and license to get some fast cash.  Like I said in the last few paragraphs, if you dont believe me, buy it and play it for 2.5 to 3 months.

SOE has made one other long running MMORPG. So I do not know what you mean by 'fair share'. This forum, this thread, is not about SOE's other MMORPG. It is about this specific MMORPG called Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided.

And yes, SOE is a buisness, just like every single other MMORPG. Of course they want to make the fastest cash possible, so they can get their investment money back, and start turning a true profit as soon as possible.

xplorere, if you have played for as long as I have and still defend it as much, then I really have to say you are in the extreme minority.  Virtually every game review thinks the same as many of us do for the exception of IGN

I am not 'defending' SWG. I am stamping out FALSE information.

I have posted here, at other gaming sites, and on the official SWG forums about the bugs, exploits, nerfing, and things that are wrong with SWG. I also post suggestions, and contructive criticism on how SWG can fix the things that are not good about it.

Anyone 'bragging' that they have played in SWG beta has a moot point. SWG right now is nothing like it was in beta. Nothing. Any information from beta is 100% obsolete right now.

1. You STILL have not posted what MMORPG you like and enjoy, after repeatedly showing your anger at SWG.

2. You STILL have not posted your in game character information in SWG. Ingame screenshots. What server you played on. Your Official SWG forum name you posted under. Which would at least give 1% weight to your arguements.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

Xplororor, you are the one who began ridiculing me with your calculator bit, and you're the one who has not shown any facts. I clearly stated what my position is and my facts by doing some simple math. I was wrong about the server count, but my numbers stood up in my reply to you. And yes, I have played the game in the last month, I wanted to check it out after a two month break. I also browsed the forums while I had my account open, which runs out at the 10th of this month. Everyone there is saying how empty the cities and servers are. Go and read for yourself. You then begin belittling the other responders in this thread. It seems like you just want to start flame wars.

/deepbow

MAKANE
    (Horizons: Malakye Revan - Wizard on Bounty)