Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh crap

DracilDracil Member Posts: 15

I was looking at this game considering trying it out, but it's now project/final crunch time so I was thinking of trying it out after I was done with classes...

While reading, I read the 14 day trial is no longer available, but just for the heck of it, I click it, and it issued me a key! So um, does my time start counting down now or does it actually start counting down when I enter it in? Thanks!

Comments

• aipokaipok Member Posts: 29

Your trial time will start when you create an account. no account, no trial, no time xD

So don't worry about it :)

• DracilDracil Member Posts: 15

Thanks, that's good to know. :)

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163
    so hows the trial so far? are u done with the tutorial?

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• aipokaipok Member Posts: 29

ehm... i thought he hadn't started yet

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Dracil
    I was looking at this game considering trying it out, but it's now project/final crunch time so I was thinking of trying it out after I was done with classes...While reading, I read the 14 day trial is no longer available, but just for the heck of it, I click it, and it issued me a key! So um, does my time start counting down now or does it actually start counting down when I enter it in? Thanks!

You can also get a new trial anytime but just asking a current player to email you a buddy key. Current players can generate unlimited trial keys and there is a thread on this site for just that purpose.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by Fadeus

Originally posted by Dracil
    I was looking at this game considering trying it out, but it's now project/final crunch time so I was thinking of trying it out after I was done with classes...

While reading, I read the 14 day trial is no longer available, but just for the heck of it, I click it, and it issued me a key! So um, does my time start counting down now or does it actually start counting down when I enter it in? Thanks!

You can also get a new trial anytime but just asking a current player to email you a buddy key. Current players can generate unlimited trial keys and there is a thread on this site for just that purpose.

yeah but there gamers who complained about their keys, they said its not working..so maybe its better if they downloaded the game by themselves

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• DracilDracil Member Posts: 15

Well, actually I did end up starting. What I'm going to do is use my 14 days, and before it ends, set myself to train on some skill with a huge training time (ship command 5 would take me like 20 days right now) as I won't be play for around 3 weeks. Then when I come back to my nice computer, subscribe and continue my training properly. :)

Pretty nice game I think, I like how it handles a bad net connection pretty well (some games will just drop you for example). Sold an implant I got for a storyline mission for around 1.65m, so I have a decent ship now, but mainly trying to train my skills to use better equipment when I'm not training the learning skills.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    You sound like you're starting out just like I did.  I would suggest browsing some forums, and starting to pay attention to the recruitment channel so that you can find a place to call home when you start playing for real. Good luck, and fly safe.image

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

And also, if you don't enjoy mining don't do it. You can do missions and make decent money in the game so mining for cash is no longer necessary. And make sure if you're going to join a corp that they won't try and make you into a mining drone.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

And with 14 days you can do exactly nothing, considering the skill system.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Nerf09

Huh? most skills only take a matter of minutes to train to level II, hours to III. What exactly can't you do on the trial?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• DraigCochDraigCoch Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Fadeus

Originally posted by Nerf09

Huh? most skills only take a matter of minutes to train to level II, hours to III. What exactly can't you do on the trial?

It's obvious, he can't compete with 3 year old vets while still on his trial , so the game must suck.