Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Prediction: SOE/SWG will wind up under Federal indictment

leftieleftie Member Posts: 138

The relationship between the SWG player community and the SOE SWG staff is deteriorating so fast and getting so bitter that the only way this is going to get resolved is in a courtroom. Becasue the Justice Dept. is pretty much technologically-clueless under Ashcroft, look for some right-wing ass't federal prosecutor looking to make a name for himself to get brought the whole SWG mess by some furious players looking to get even for the legendary atrocious customer service at SOE. The federal prosecutor will see the monthly multi-million dollar cashflow, and look to get themsleves into the media with the story.

Look for wire fraud charges against SOE for the SWG mess within a year.

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

Comments

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88

The only reason I dont think it'll go to court is they'll settle out of court and everyone will still get boned! if you couldnt log on for one day you get what umm like 49 cents, couldnt log on for 2 hrs hmm thats .04 cents. So after about 60+ for the game and 15 a Month for a yr being 179 you might get 5-10 bucks back. By the time everything is rounded down they'll still get ya in the end.

OH and the only time Courts or the Government care about going after games is when Someone shoots a Weaponimage

P.S. Didn't the Beta Testers all Mention a ton of bugs?image

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Originally posted by Shogoo
    P.S. Didn't the Beta Testers all Mention a ton of bugs?image

I know I did.image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

The beta testers argued all right. They told the dev team in hundreds of ways that the game was not ready. The dev team even came very close to admitting one time that they knew it was not finished. Before open beta the beta team argued against moving into the open beta phase as well. The game is still in beta testing if you ask me, but now some people are paying to beta test. Personally I feel that everyone who bought this game got 'boned'. The player community is now paying monthly money to beta test. Yes I have heard the argument that this happens with all mmorpg's, but that is only true to an extent. DAOC, EQ and others had 'bugs' when they released but they were not hands down broke. By hands down broke I mean unplayable because of many many bugs that could have been easily fixable, instead of wasting time fixing crap like wookie speech. The dev team wasted so much time working on non important issues like wookie speech and character creation customization (in order to please Star Wars Fan Boi's) that they forgot to do the hard unfun stuff, like oh i don't know maybe..... NETWORK CODE???? or say HARDWARE TESTS???(That would have pleased the gaming community). This game was made for Star Wars Fans and nothing more. Most people who defend the game are either Star Wars fans or, people who can't accept the fact that they made a poor choice and purchased a game that sucks. I have never seen a 'true' gamer (we know who we are) talk highly of this so called 'game'.

Dear SWG Dev team - Your being payed to make a game, and your taking money from the gaming community, and your ruining the reputation of the MMORPG industry, the least you could have done was do some work (out side of the fun stuff like art) and make a game that runs. You should return the money you took from the gaming community.

/rant off

FINBAR
    ---------------------------------------------
    Now Playing: Nothing
    For beta info, or other contact info
    see the user info section.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177

Keyword is: Shafted

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Wish I could send this 3 year old thread to Smedley! It seems that history does repeat itself!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by Agricola1
    Wish I could send this 3 year old thread to Smedley! It seems that history does repeat itself!

IF he bothered to reply he'd just point you at:

"Look for wire fraud charges against SOE for the SWG mess within a year." (leftie 11/07/03) and laugh.

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776
    Clearly, the game has not been a success.  And, at least that much, was predicted by the beta testers 3 years ago.

It is time to pull the plug on this failure.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Clackamas
    Clearly, the game has not been a success.  And, at least that much, was predicted by the beta testers 3 years ago.

LOL nice thread necro :)  But I would like to reply to your point:

Note:  I do not like NGE and I think it was a mistake. 

Define "success".  SWG maintained a player base of over 250,000 users for over two years.  It was in the top 10 MMO's the entire time up till last December.  It was, for a time, in the top 5 as well.

Please explain how it's "never" been successful?  Yes, it's always had one issue after another.  But lack of a playerbase was never it's problem.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by Elnator

Originally posted by Clackamas

LOL nice thread necro :)  But I would like to reply to your point:

Note:  I do not like NGE and I think it was a mistake. 

Define "success".  SWG maintained a player base of over 250,000 users for over two years.  It was in the top 10 MMO's the entire time up till last December.  It was, for a time, in the top 5 as well.

Please explain how it's "never" been successful?  Yes, it's always had one issue after another.  But lack of a playerbase was never it's problem.

I believe it's not a success because, with the Star Wars name behind it, it should by all rights have a number of players that at least competes with WoW.  The only reason why it's not is because of SOE and LA's incompetence.

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Oh, it's necroed?

Either way, Big Business OWNS the government. Won't ever happen.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0