Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More ranking ideas.

squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Hey there fellas.  Gonna run an idea by ya, tell me what ya think.

How about a vacation mode that you can set under your settings.  Seems that whenever you miss a day or two the stars start dropping.  I dont visist the site during the weekends and every Monday I have dropped to a Hardcore member and by Tuesday I am usually back up to Elite member.  Now I can't imagine when I go on vacation how fast my stars will drop.  Under settings you set the number of days you want to go on vacation and hit ok.  During that time you are completely unable to log into MMORPG.com and when you come back after vacation your ranking excludes however many days you were on vacation.

Squeee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comments

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    id like that too but then u can do it every day when ur a t leeto member we should have limit like set 2 days a week in account settings

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Well I was thinking that when you have vaccation mode you are not allowed to log into mmorpg and reply on the forums.  Thus, if you did it every day, then you would never get to take advantage of being a member.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

i believe that you should take time out of your vacation to get on a computer and log on

lol

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

This is just a issue of priorities! What's more important?

Enjoying your weekend spending time with your friends and family?

or

Keeping your rating on this site?

The once you get your priorities in there proper prospective, you won't have any problems.

-=-=-=-=-
    "Playing EQ to the highend is like getting hit in the head over and over. When the hitting stops you start to miss the dizzy feeling. The lack of this "dizzy feeling" will ruin you to other MMORPG's"

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Sorry, as I said before there is no way to make this system work for everyone.

I eventually hope to add something to the system that will reserve part of your score, or give you a bonus score based on cummulative data...in other words if you had 2 months at a 5 star rating (or whatever) it would have some carry-over effect into later months.  This will give long term members a little edge while still allowing hard-core new members a 5 star opportunity.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.