Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE causing computer to crash.

kingdockingdoc Member Posts: 4

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone was having problems with EVE online making there comp crash. I easly meet the requirments for the game [2.8G processor, ABIT 3rd-eye mobo, X700Pro vid card, 1 gig memory at 4200] However my computer wil randomly restart with no warning about once an hour while playing and sometimes more often. I just started playing with a 14 day trial so if this is going to be a constant thing i will not waist the money for a real account. I will be runing a virus scan, ad scan reg sweeper and defrag later today to see if that helps and look to see if i need any patches. if this dont help is there somthing else i can go or is it an in game bug? 

Comments

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Does your computer run other graphics-intensive games fine?

• kingdockingdoc Member Posts: 4
    yep, it plays Unreal Tournament 2004 with all settngs on highest and runs just fine.
  • fizzle32fizzle32 Member Posts: 171

Hmm. Sound like a driver issue. I run eve on an old piece of crap, it almost never crashes.

Are you alt-tabbing out? Do you have any third party apps running the background? The client has a tendency to become unstable if you alt-tab out.

• kingdockingdoc Member Posts: 4
    sry but what is alt tab out?
  • DraigCochDraigCoch Member Posts: 81

EvE is best run in windows mode.

Some people like to use full screen though. Then in order to go from EvE to ther stuff, they use ALT+TAB keys.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

My old geforce 4 mx 2 years ago could run EVE fine :

The graphics arn't that good.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

One problem with eve that I don't know if have been fixed or not but before if you was having the audio on and entered complexes or missions or even fleetbattles your machine could reboot just because there was a driver issue with the sounddriver... updating this sounddriver or switching audio off (escape ingame and choose audio and disable it) usually fixed it.

It is worth trying atleast... if that is the problem... it usually never happend if you where out in a belt mining or hunting rats (rats fewer than 10 for example)... but once if you happend to enter someplace where alot of missiles where spammed then your machine could reboot as it happend to mine alot to I got updated the audiodriver.