Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Quit!

Comments

• EvilplayerEvilplayer Member Posts: 14

Did you say ......Runescape?

I am sorry but wasen't that game made back in the earlier 80s? ROFL.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

I think so.

Too bad the pvp in RS is actually better then in WoW-don't deny it ::::01::

• destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470

hi

i did do battle grounds(it was fun)

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by jimmyman99

Originally posted by Eljewster
    Just wondering how far did you get into WoW, Cause the deeper i get into end game the more i love it

I think he got to 60, thats when I hear people are beginning to exprience the "grind". I think this happens to hardcore peoeple, people who play a lot, like 8-10 hours daily. They reach 60 quickly and end up doing same set of instances over and over again, or grind BGs for honor.
    Thats normal. Since all games will eventualy run out of high end content, you will always have people stuck with nothing to do. With some games like Everquest, this wont happen fast enough, but the payoff is with HUGE amount of time (read grind) to actualy get to that high end content. Its basicaly like an old fashioned weight scale - u put something on the left side and it becomes heavier there, but as a result, right side is lighter and is raised. You cant have it both way unfortunately. Its either satisfy 80% of population (casual players) or 20% of (hardcore pplayers). Make this game grind-free and end up with several thousands of people angry at lack of diversity on the high end side. Make this game grindfest and force grouping and you make hundreds of thousands of people mad because they dont have time and commitement to spend so much real time just getting to the next level.
    The day any MMORPG game becomes casual friendly AND with a huge amount of endgame content - on that day there will be no other game on the market becuase that one game will be perfect.

Ironically, a lot of content as you level from 1 to 60 but at 60 there are hardly any content.  At lower levels, you can do well in the game as a casual player and at 60 you are forced to be a hardcore gamer to grind honor or the same dungeons over and over again.  If you actually get some fun out of this and you don't have a life and such, this game is perfect for you.
  • sheppardsheppard Member Posts: 3

u poor baby

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I find it funny how when people post legitimate posts, there aren't too many responses, but the moment someone posts a 'I quit' thread or a 'This game sucks' thread, all of a sudden there are 30+ posts about how people don't care and then proceed to flame the OP.

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    I don't blame you mate. WOW lacks content big time.
  • Itachi20Itachi20 Member Posts: 43

I think WoW is a great game. I know everyone has their opinions. I'm just starting to play WoW rite now and i'm just gettin addicted to da game rite now.

MapleStory

Ign: Itachi20 Lvl 44 Assassin *Scania*

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

I quit WoW (aqnd mmorpgs really) too, cos Im tired of the same bullshit that mmorpg devs churn out. Next gen mmorpgs should scrap the meaning of levels entirely and stop being a gigantic maths competition.

WoW was a winner for me because of the versatile UI and the UI mod community. mmorpgs are still niche genre, less than 10% of gamers play them. Next year Im going to enjoy some of the games Ive not played this and last year. Maybe in 2007 might see something better released. Apart from WoW, 2005 has been a crap year with quite a few cancelled. Still, the year isnt over yet *cough* DnL is vaporware *cough*.

::::20::

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    Well WOW lacks content, enough said any real gamer knows that. But the poor Customer Service is legendary.  

The full servers once again get to enjoy Queues yes it's true after November, December and January fighting Queues of 450-550 they are back again. Arg! I don't know if I can waste another 5 days of my life waiting in Queues again. It may be time to Ebay my Toon and play something else.

everyone says RS is for noobs but look all of you are fighting over a stupid game because i quit

GET OVER IT!!!!!

• kentenkenten Member Posts: 3

I just think its funny when "dedicated" WoW-players gets all worked up whenever someone in any way possible posts something criticizing their beloved online slot-machine game. ::::02::

I quit after 52x24 hours of play, yaaayyy i know ::::37::

Hitting lv 60 was for me like getting out of a lush and bright forest into a barren and dusty desert of absolutely nothing usefull and fun to do unless you had at least a handfull good players to go on instance-bashing, and that gets a bit tiresome i would say the 5th+ time you do the same instance.

Well, nuff said, no endgame, no dice, no me......

• Vin79Vin79 Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by Culf

I quit WoW due to the fact that if you werent in a well known guild, werent in top10 pvp each week, didnt have over 1k gold, didnt have all epics, you were noone... The people in this game treat each other like trash because obviously to them WoW>Life. Unfortunately, i was a hardcore gamer(With WoW) and found out the hard way when i spent a whole summer playing this nonsence game and only got to rank 7 pvp, had mostly blue items with some epics, STILL.. I WAS NOONE. people who play this should stop lol, i might be hipocritical but your wasting your life, you wont be as good as the people who play 18+ hours a day. Ever. Just imagine what you could do in a life without WoW LOL

Good Luck living with your mom till you 35
    Merry Christmas

You play games to become someone? You know, working on your RL might work better.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Vin79

I quit WoW due to the fact that if you werent in a well known guild, werent in top10 pvp each week, didnt have over 1k gold, didnt have all epics, you were noone... The people in this game treat each other like trash because obviously to them WoW>Life. Unfortunately, i was a hardcore gamer(With WoW) and found out the hard way when i spent a whole summer playing this nonsence game and only got to rank 7 pvp, had mostly blue items with some epics, STILL.. I WAS NOONE. people who play this should stop lol, i might be hipocritical but your wasting your life, you wont be as good as the people who play 18+ hours a day. Ever. Just imagine what you could do in a life without WoW LOL

Good Luck living with your mom till you 35
    Merry Christmas

You play games to become someone? You know, working on your RL might work better.

Lol he spent the whole summer playing WoW I don't think he has friends to work on his RL with.

im not quiting forever...

im gona play agin once the expantion comes out

• vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

u no wuts weird.... i say something about WoW and everyone gets this gayass aditude liek ... o no no1 cares... just stfu with ur lil atitude... plus WoW is fun for like a month .. WoW is so god damn easy .. no grind and a carebear game

lineage 2
    dillign-30 active-teon

• vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

wow plp are asking for his gear.... omfg its sooo god damn easy to get gear in WoW go to lineage 2 and i watch u carebears cry

lineage 2
    dillign-30 active-teon

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422
    You think it is easy to get BOP epic gear?  You need to wake up dude.  Some people who are in bad servers have a hard time finding a good guild that do MC/BWL successfully.  Even if you find a good guild you have to compete with others using the DKP system.  This is time consuming so I wouldn't surprise people complain about getting gear.  So please do some research before you say something.
  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

To anyone having a tough time getting into the upper end-game content, try creating a small guild with friends and partnering with other guilds for raids. Although my guild is large, we still have a number of other guilds that we team with on raids to MC/Onyxia/BWL.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191

Good Luck living with your mom till you 35Merry Christmas

I may be leaving, as well. What bothers me is the arrogant attitudes seen on the forums by the CM's. With 4+ million subscribers, they think it gives them the right to treat folks like shit. One thing that really bothers me is how they allow free server transfers from overpopulated servers to brand new servers. Those that rolled on the new servers are now slammed by the influx of well established guilds who completely unbalance their horrid battlegrounds. That is the arrogance I despise. I am going to try EQ2 again and hopefully find some enjoyment there.

• genigeni Member Posts: 13

WoW is a good game, end of story

although i quit this summer, gonna start again when i buy new PC ::::28::::::31::

You never know when an old
    calendar might come in handy,
    Sure it's not 1985 right now,
    But who knows what tomorrow
    will bring??

• genigeni Member Posts: 13

there is something strange i noticed about my profile at MMORPG..
    I subscribed 16.6 2004.. and i ahve 3 posts and im novice member ::::35::::::34::::::31::

You never know when an old
    calendar might come in handy,
    Sure it's not 1985 right now,
    But who knows what tomorrow
    will bring??

• yugokidyugokid Member Posts: 2

humm can i have your stuff so i can sell it to IGE?

ROFL jk ::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::

• cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I find WoW to be a very boring game. I couldn't play it for more than 2 weeks. This game is only good for 12 year old kids. No depth, no excitement, no challenge and not fun.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by cdeepal
    I find WoW to be a very boring game. I couldn't play it for more than 2 weeks. This game is only good for 12 year old kids. No depth, no excitement, no challenge and not fun.

while you are entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to offend everybody else that like the game and is not a 12 year old kid. I suppose you were not planning a political career as it seems it would fail miserably from the get go (or then maybe not).

Please keep it civil.

Civilization for the win, anarchy (even online) don't build great empires ;) ok.. i'm flipping out now. have a nice day.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"