Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would Anyone like to start a guild?

Se_arSe_ar Member Posts: 74
Well, I'm looking for some people who just might want to start a nice organized guild for Ultima X:Odyssey. I know crap about web design so someone that does would be nice :P

The sword of light illuminates the dark. I am that light.

Comments

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    this game even out yet? A matter of fact is it even at beta?

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Neither, the game was just announced like a few months ago.  But, they have come a long way very fast since they are using the unreal engine(i think) and dont have to write their own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Se_arSe_ar Member Posts: 74
    You're quite right, it's not out yet, but anyway, would anyone still like to start a guild? I think we;d be one of the first.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

ill join, ill definitely have my new pc by the time this comes out so... yea.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

Aye, alright, Sweet, please contact me by AIM ASAP, contact me at dragonfire60123.

Well, erm please contact me soon if you're intrested in joining, I can assure you that you will get a founder's position right now image

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

gees dude, calm urself, we got plenty of time.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

Aye, I know, it's just I would really quite like to get started ASAP.

i take my time im like a turtle but i move even slower i do things at the last second basically

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

Alrighty than, please contact me when you can in that case.

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77

THanks for fronting the leadership on this guild, Se_ar.  I am very interested, especially after the new Calandryll disccssion on uxoo.com.  The new guild interface is supposed to be much more user friendly than most....and the success of the MMO guild is dependant on streamlined communication...this is a good thing.  Please put me on your list.

• ArxonArxon Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I'll be looking for a guild once beta hits.  Maybe then I'll join.  I like to play with a guild a little befroe I join them..

"Can't... Sleep... The Carebears... Will get... Their way..."

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94

UXO has been in production for nearly 2 years although it wasn't announced until just recently (within the last few months).  It has been in a private beta for, and this is just a guess, about a year.  Invitations to that beta were sent to a select few.  As for the rest of us, beta should be opening within the next month or so and the expected release date has only been stated as "Early 2004", as long as no other major setbacks occur.  The original release was supposed to be in November of 2003, but obviously the game wasn't ready yet.

As for your guild, when you have more of an idea of what your guild will be about then I'll check into it and let you know. image

Wow, some intrest :) Well, we do have a name finally: Knights of Carbonek ( a friend of mine suggested this, it has strong ties with the legend of the holy grail etc. please don't flame me for the abbreviation lol.) Well yes please contact me if you're interested and i'll fill you in; also, the website is going along and should be up next month or so. The guild values have not yet been defined but i'm looking into it.  As well, we are offering about 3 more leadership positions to be filled, so I guess it'll be on a first-come first-serve basis :)

KoC...........rofl..........sorry, couldn't resist image

Couple of questions.......

1. What type of guild is it going to be? RP, PvP, hunting, all of the above?

2. What sort of age group are we talking about here? (Not that I mind playing with the younger people as long as they know how to behave and I don't have to listen to l337 speak........sorry if I offend, not meant that way, I just personally can't stand talking to people who don't know how to talk in basic english LOL)

3. I'd like to know a bit more about what the leader believes in and stands for.  Basically his morals......is he a noble, honest, and fair person or someone who goes more for the every man for himself and is more of an opportunist? (Talking about the char here, not the real person behind the keyboard.......I believe they should never be taken as the same image.

4. Any other info you'd like to offer up is always a plus.

• PsouthPsouth Member Posts: 128

Hey there,

I'd like to join yer guild and also hear a little more information about it.

Basically i will join it no matter what kind of guild it is and follow the guidelines but hearing a little about what type of guild it is would be nice also

You could post a poll to see what other people are interested in. (I would post it but i don't know all the termonology)

Deli Style

• PsouthPsouth Member Posts: 128
    drop a link when you get the guild site up!

Deli Style

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I would like to join the guild i will be playing the beta and if i like it i will buy the game coun me inimage

you got a beta invitation?????

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580

no sry i meant i wuz signing up for the betaimage

Well for now it will mostly be all of the above, with an emphasis on RP. Heh, I understand exactly what you're saying, we're going for the older age group of mainly 16 and up, l33t speek will not be allowed at any time. The character? Well, he's more of a group leader, no man gets left behind; more or less like the army. (I've really just been focusing on getting the guild up right now heh.) Ah, and we are as well working on these embarassing abbreviations for our name image

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77

Imho, PvP is one of the better things about this new MMORPG, though I am looking forward to choosing my race too.  Photas anyone? 

This may be a really dumb question, but how do instanced dungeons work with guilds?  ...What would we want for a guild crest?  Would we vote on colors, or would the leader decide and then recruit via the interface?  Will we have appointed positions with different approvals? 
    Penny for your thoughts, Se_ar...image

Se_ar, sounds like something I would definitely be interested in then, mark my name down on your list please image  Also, will there be a council of high ranking officers that vote and decide the major issues of the guild?  Such as, X player did this which violated the guild rules and they all have to decide his punishment, or Y player showed exemplary behaviour and they vote on a reward/medal/etc. for him?  You know, kind of a ruling council that helps the GM kinda see all points of view and such......not a necessity, but just curious if you're planning something like that.

Mobettah, your entire party can go into the same instance of a dungeon with you...hope that answered that.

Well, mobettah,  I plan onto making a system onto where the entire guild votes on something, and then with the outcome of the poll the desicion will be made. Crzy, We do plan on making a ruling council and do plan on emplifing on the examples that you provided, this council will be composed of the original five founders of the guild (only two have been decided for now.) Yet we also plan to do monthly elections on the council voting in 2 members in/out of the council, these members will be selected from the common "pool" of members, from ones that have exemplified themsels in-game and out; this council will make up at most 7 members.