Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII Beta invitations sent!

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

All the information is from EQII.com ... this is what a person posted

:: Posted by anyuzer @ 01:57 pm :: 111 comments :.

Today has been an interesting day, I've recieved several emails in regards to new information surrounding the Everquest II beta. One of those emails included this...

Quote:

Welcome to Lords of EverQuest(tm)!

Special Offer...

Get 30 Extra Days of EverQuest®
plus an
An Invitation to EverQuest® II Beta!

Here’s how to take advantage of the special offer:

* Buy Lords of EverQuest, the next generation of real
time strategy games
AND
* Register Lords of EverQuest™ with an existing
EverQuest account on SOEGames.net before 11:59
p.m. PST on December 9th, 2003
AND
* Keep your EverQuest account in good standing
throughout a special phase of EverQuest II beta

Here’s what you get:

* An extra 30 days tacked onto the end of your current
EverQuest subscription cycle
AND
* An invitation to participate in a special phase of
EverQuest II beta (tentatively scheduled for spring,
2004)

Terms:

* Offer open to residents of US and Canada only

* Your EverQuest account must be in good standing
when you register Lords of EverQuest

* Your EverQuest account must be in good standing
throughout the special phase of the EverQuest II
beta

* You must sign and adhere to all of the terms of the
EverQuest II Beta Agreement

* You must download the EverQuest II client when
SOE makes it available; if you cannot and need to
order disc(s), you will be responsible for all
applicable shipping and handling charges

* The “special phase” of the EverQuest II beta, for
purposes of this offer, will be a beta phase that will
be after the phase of beta for “Legends” subscribers,
but will be prior to any “public” beta phase

* One subscription extension and beta invitation per
valid EverQuest account

Now before anybody freaks out, I think you should look at this as good news, and the best confirmation we've had yet on any sort of specific date. It looks like the phase of beta that the LOE people would get invited into would be just before the final phase, so one could assume that the closed beta for applicants/legends subscribers/(or people who were invited) would start sometime mid/early winter, assuming they planned a good 4 months or so for beta.

Post 2

:: Posted by anyuzer @ 04:37 am :: 47 comments :.

Some new sources have contacted me, saying that the Beta Offer message has been removed, and can no longer be seen (apparently it was visible when logging into Lords of Everquest beta previously).

What does this all mean? Damned if I know people. Sony has pulled some pretty crazy marketing stunts before, I mean remember this one?("right click/save target as" to view the movie). That stunt was only up for about eight hours as well before being removed.

Could the same thing have happened to the LOE EQII beta offer? Or is it still viewable to some but not to others? Does it still exist, and has just been briefly removed so that it can be unveiled properly at some later date? Has this entire thing just been one long hallucinatory trip on my part? I'm not entirely sure. I do know for a fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the first message did indeed exist, so I can put all of you questioning its validity out of your misery. As for it no longer existing, I'm not sure about that, though it's been confirmed to me by a few people.

Honestly, I don't have any answers for any of this. Personally I never thought it was that big of a deal, though the idea of pimping out what will be a very high profile beta to sell games or a service as opposed to using beta properly did kind of seem distasteful to me. Nevertheless, I was glad to recieve some information giving us a better idea of a beta date. Now, the 'pimping' out of the EQII beta seems to have disappeared, which leaves us all a little bewildered I think. Does that mean the deal no longer exists? Does that mean the beta dates were incorrect? Is marketing really super pissed right now? Did your mostly negative reaction have an affect on SOE? (yes, they do pay attention to the community even if you like to be in denial about it).

Who knows, perhaps it was just a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. After all SOE is a massive complex and even exists in several states. Perhaps a few promotions guys who had the power to make this happen decided it was a good idea, and was recently given the royal smack downs due to the fact that this is an extremely high profile project and not something to be used as a tool to sell a few extra copies of a game. Hopefully we'll get some official word about what this was all about, though I won't hold my breath for it.

For now I don't know and maybe we'll never know but speculate with me here.
And if anybody feels like explaining what went on in regards to the message today (is it actually gone? Did you originally see it? do you know more of the story? Does the offer still exist?), email me at: [email protected]your privacy is always assured.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Sony is screwing with us again.

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yea

but somehow it will all come together

.....somehow

i dont care, they can screw with us all they want, as long as they give us a good game to play in the end

ill still pay for it, heck i would even pay 25 bucks a month for it... maybe moreimage

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

watch as the rabid eq fan needlessly throws money away like it was trash! "oooooohhhh"

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    iv played lords of everquest beta its a great game i like how they use the accualy locations for the game

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

heres an update

SOE is offering a rts version of EQ "Lords of Everquest" for $49 pre order and if current EQ subscribers pre-order they get a beta2 (after the legends subscribers get beta1 slots) for spring 04. The long term EQ subscribers will get beta3 slots late spring/summer and EQ2 should retail late 2004. The beta2 slots to EQ2 offer is good up to about 2 jan. 2004. Info avail through the EQ home site http://everquestlive.com

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    i had posted a while back that i got into LOE beta, and that game is so horrible, i deleted it in less then a day, its a very poorly made warcraft3 ripoff, thats buggy, stupid, not enough stuff to built (buildings/troops) and the AI is abnormaly stupid.. horrible game

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

and in order to make peopole get it, they are offering beta to the ones who have it

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Its time to once again send another anthrax letter to Sony...::{^)::

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Damn Sony, how dare they try to make money out of a Beta test. I mean, people in Beta are doing them a favour without testers they would produce a pile of steaming turds. To convince people to waste their money on Legends just so they can get into Beta is downright nasty on Sony's part.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Thats not worse than the time everyone in SWG beta had to drop $5 for the cd and then had to pay retarded "shipping" prices.  I put shipping in quotes because how can it cost to send 3 cds by basic mail from california to TEXAS.  Like the caps?  Everything bigger in TEXAS ya know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

flem..

i would pay to be in beta

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Lol, i know u would Murt. U would pluck out your own eyeball to get into Beta.image

wow flem, you can read me like a book]

)hehe im jus copying that dijorno commercial)image

ahhhh only one eye

i sent the other to soe

hehe

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500
    Now its even being spammed ingame, talk about getting old while your playing.  I'm so glad I don't even log into the game anymore.

well its not really being spammed

its just whenever you log on you get a message

thats it

• FarulosonothFarulosonoth Member UncommonPosts: 107

The notice the original poster put up in this topic is copied directly from the little yellow sheet of paper I am holding in my hand. 

And that came out of a Lords of Everquest box.

Farulosonoth
    The Dark Wizard

lol thats pretty funny

i copied and pasted form eqii.com

• AndromedaAndromeda Member Posts: 11

Lord's of Everquest is a total rip off of Warcraft and not near as good. I thought that I would be drooling over EQII, but after seeing the Lineage II graphics and engine, I'm kissing Sony goodbye for good (Well, their online games anyhow image).

EQ II graphics just did nothing for me. I'm going to get my cartoon characters in WoW.

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395

When you say It ends DECEMBER 9th it Really ENDS January 3rd at 12:00AM So you still can get in the beta!!!!

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    BIG JONI this is an anonymous person which speaks to you now.  Are you serious about the everquest 2 beta....

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.