Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Republic of the Silver Sun

brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

The Republic of the Silver Sun is a player run nation set in The Chronicle.  All the powers of the government are split between several distinct ministries.  Each Minister employs an office of citizens to help aid them in carrying out the daily operations of the Republic.  The Republic collects taxes and provides services for fees to help pay for its various programs and wages of those employed in its service.

The players will participate politically and economically in formulating the direction of the Republic with the power being shared by all.  A pre-constitution has been written awaiting for new members to participate in a sort of, constitutional convention to be convened before the launch of the game to finalize its contents.  All matters not explicit in the constitution during the live version of TC will be voted on by a Senate, which is made up of the Ministers and Representatives who are elected by the player citizens.  Some matters will be left up to a majority vote by all citizens such as in the case of constitutional changes.

The hope is that the players will feel a sense of ownership in their guild.  It won't be just another guild, but a whole Republic that is run by the players beyond whatever NPC kingdoms or governments exist.  The guild features of The Chronicle allow us to accomplish this goal.

A website already exists to facilitate the daily operations of the guild.  It is set in an RP theme as the main office of the Republic with each Ministry having its own section of offices for players to visit and use.  A Constitution has been written to fit with the features of the game as well and will be presented soon for players to vote on and approve.

Please reply to this message or PM if you are interested.  More information will be forthcoming!

Comments

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Could u give out the URL of the guild website if/when it is ready? It seems interesting because:

1) it isnt trying to be silly. It looks like a serious guild unlike the majority of other naff guilds I see.

2) It has a decent name that you would expect from a proper guild, unlike crap names such as "Dreadlords of the Sacred Shadow", "Angelic Heroes of Justice" or some other "we're trying to sound cool" nonsense.

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Still working out the details for the site, but it should be up by next week.  I'm working on another project for The Chronicle and I'm not sure if I want to have the Guild website the same as the Fansite.

I'll have more info next week including the pre-constitution and the older version of the Ministry offices.

EDIT: New website is up at http://www.silversunrepublic.com

Its only temporary as I'm awaiting the new domain to go up.

• WadeJWadeJ Member Posts: 45

Wow the site layout is very good, You look very well organized and im sure you will find many members.
    Im intrested in joining, On the other hand, I cant seem to find the join button.
    Would you be kind to give me the link.
    Thank you

-Jwade - On little brothers account because he used my emaill for registration::::11::

Ganstabruv- Thunderous Scholar
    Whats yours:
    http://www.blazonry.com/scripting/wuname.php
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/REPLACE-THIS-WITH-YOUR-GAMERTAG.card"; scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

• HansgustavHansgustav Member Posts: 12
    Yeah!

Im cool!

Heyas,

We have a brand new website @ www.silversunrepublic.com

The Join section should be up soon.  I'm going to put up a separate office for interested players that will explain everything much more generally so you can get what we're about and how to join in a shorter amount of time rather than wading through the entire site.

In the meantime, check out the forums on the site, PM me, or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks!

The Republic now has the following list of features and tools for its community.

- New revamped website with a much more simplistic layout and forums

- Teamspeak server available for all citizens

- IRC Channel

Coming Soon - 3D Website

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438
    I applied to the website given. I do hope to see more development in the guild over time though. I would like to see mini-factions for training purposes. Like an Academy of Magic where all the Mages learn spells and explore new ones.

We're looking into adding "great houses" as sub guilds, sort of like in Dune.  I wouldn't be surprised if we get into it and see great houses of magicians, crafters, or warriors rise up.  Rather than having political parties, these houses would act in a similar fashion.

Always looking for ideas on other stuff to add to the guild.

We now have our own community website.  Anyone can register whether they are a member of the Republic or not.  Other guilds can join and register their guilds in our guild directory or post events in the Events Calendar.  Players can even submit articles to our Republic newspaper.

The website has been completely programmed by us so it is customized exactly how we want it from the ground up.  It is set up as a series of cities that we will be building in game including our Capital, Soacio, which the site is named after.

Each player that signs up also has access to their own adventurer's journal and profile that they post in and share with others.  Not only is it a guild management tool, but its also a way for players to share their in-game experiences with their guildmates and friends.

The entire site has been revamped and we're beginning to streamline all of our guild systems including the implementation of a player control panel to launch IRC and Ventrilo/Teamspeak before hopping in game.

We also finished up our fan/resource site with our own custom content management system.  We haven't started filling in info from the game, but the system is finished and in place.  Check out the Codex of Libernum at http://libernum.silversunrepublic.com

Its our goal to provide our citizens with the best possible tools and information to enhance their in-game experience.