Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe for some new input--

VenaliciusVenalicius Member Posts: 33

I hope i dont get flamed out of existance for suggesting this but Neocron 2.1 evolves is comming out on december 1st. Now dont get the wrong idea. but if you played before you are entitled to all of your old items stats ect and 2 weeks of free play time. if you have never played it before you can get 10 days and a new account. Not to persuade anyone against FE but since they are both post apoc I thought even the devs could play neocron for 10 and realize the strong points they want in FE and the weak points they should aviod. If we get a bunch of players from this form playing we could greatly add feedback from an already twitch based mmo and without dipping into our pockets. Just an idea,
Game devs what do you think?

Comments

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

I'm still playing Neocron, and probably will until either FE or anothe FPS-ish MMORPG comes along. I think NC does many things right, but also has a lot of flaws. Let me give a list of both:

1. Pro: At least halfway FPS-like gameplay. I think it could be even more FPS-ish but that's a matter of taste. Anyway, no other MMORPG I've tried so far has that amount of action.
    2. Pro: Dark and gritty atmosphere, the post-apocalyptic feeling is well captured here despite somewhat dated graphics.
    3. Pro: Appartments you can furnish yourself. A pretty cool feature :)
    4. Con: Some Tradeskills take a lot of patience to get to a level where they are worthwile. Especially crafters should have it easier to build low-level items in good quality
    5. Con: Too much lag for a FPS-like game.
    6. Con: Mobs are stupid and mostly slow. PvE could use a boost in this department.
    7. Con: PVP is somewhat unbalanced, especially the combination aggressive/passive Psi Monk is too efficient. Makes bringing other chars to an OP-fight sopmewhat pointless.
    8. Con: Still has various bugs, years after release.

• VenaliciusVenalicius Member Posts: 33

I know it has pros and cons and btw a pretty good pro con list FATAL should be like bold and number one con hehe but i was just letting kids know about it and i probably will also play until i find something better but FE is still in development