Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AC1 VS AC2

THAILETHAILE Member Posts: 14

I played ac2 for quite a few months until they starting nerfing my character. I have heard a lot of good things about AC1. Just wanted to hear anyones opinion who has played both. Which one is better? Just wondering...

Comments

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89

AC 1 RULES!

I liked AC2 for a while, but I donno, just seemed like a cheaped down MMORPG.  They should have just kepts the AC1 skill system(or simmilar) and upgraded the graphics and storyline.

Anyways, Im probbly going to pick up my AC:DM cd after thanksgiving from my parents and start playing all over again.  Seroiusly, some of my best MMORPG memories are from this game.

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

I agree. I just started playing AC 2 a couple of days ago and its pretty good, but AC 1 is still( and always will be) the more superior game.

In AC 1 there is always new content being added, like new dungeons, towns getting vaped by big explosions, and the seasons change with real life(right now all the leaves in AC should be orange and red ect. for the fall season... and next month most of the land will be covered in snow).

Skills are awesome, you'll never have more choice of skills in any other MMORPG(except for Ultima).

However, I would not buy it as is right now because the player population is at an all time low, very few people still play. I would only start playing if they added a new expansion, just to bring in new blood.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

Well the actualy players in game isnt all to bad, seriously. 

theres like 50,000 active subscriptions in ac1.   And at the moment im posting this, theres like 1k people per server.  In my mind, that aint all to bad. 

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77

I personally found AC1 much better then Ac2 for some reason. Maybe it was because of my hate for games that have good graphics and no gameplay image

• THAILETHAILE Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the input. I just ordered AC1. Cant wait to fire it up. Now the hard part - what kind of character do I play and what server do I play on???? 

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Never played AC2 but i played AC1 for some time and loved every minute of it. Its a bit outdated now but would still recommend it especially if they still add new quests, weapons etc every month.

THey do add stuff every month.

If your looking for char ideas, just surf the older websites, they have tons. 

I'd play harvestgain or thistledown, donnoo used to be my old servers

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    AC1 is Definately Better. Wintersebb is the Best Server. and Black Falcon is the Greatest Patron you could ever have!

• AtaxusAtaxus Member UncommonPosts: 4
    AC1 > AC2 image

Hi!

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    iv seen my friend play ac 1 and i see trailers of ac 2 so id say ac 1 will be better because games with GREAt graphics are usally bad

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• AtaxusAtaxus Member UncommonPosts: 4

Play on Morningthaw, my character is also named Ataxus on it.  Morningthaw is the best server.

Hi!

• scott_sandescott_sande Member Posts: 6

I played AC1 for about the first year it was released and came back later to play some more.  It is a great game with great updates.  I played AC2 for the first 2 months it was released and it was seriously lacking.  I recently started up again and have found a huge change.  There are a tonne of quests, the monthly updates are fantastic and the graphics are stunning.  It is also totally fun and would even be better if more people played it.  Try it! I think they have a free 15 day trial going on right now.  You won't be disapointed!!!image

• girsnoopygirsnoopy Member Posts: 65
    AC2 RUELS.... YEAAHHH!!! LOL image

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

I have a few questions... Is there any free trial for ac1 right now?

And is there really any idea to start playing now, first of all people might start to go away now or something like that, or all the characters are like 130 and I start at level 1 and will have a hard problem leveling... please someone answer, thanks :)

• YahyaYahya Member Posts: 23

AC1 is definitely better than AC2.  AC2 is prettier, but it was simplified for the masses (but the masses never came).  AC1 has a larger playerbase and much more content.

There is currently no free trial for the game, that I know of.  The game is also hard to find for sale (but not impossible) because Microsoft stopped stocking the game....However, Turbine just bought the Asheron's Call franchise back from Microsoft and they plan to re-release the game soon.  In addition, Turbine has promised an expansion pack with a graphics update.

Anyway, there is still a solid playerbase, but most are extremely high levels.  It is not too hard to catch up though.  If you want to know more about the game, visit the community sites at:

http://forums.turbinegames.com/

http://acvault.ign.com/

Played these MMORPG's:
    AC1/AC2/AO/DAoC/EQ/ATITD/FFXI/UO
    Beta'd: RYL/SWG/E&B

• WisnonWisnon Member Posts: 6
    I have played both.  Just recently quit AC2 and am looking to get back into ACDM.   The graphics are unreal in AC2, but game play and flexibility are much better in AC1.  If they only had AC1 game play with AC2 graphics, they would have the game of the year hands down.  I'm hoping that the rumors I've heard about a new expansion to ACDM are true.  If so I will be playing for a very long time.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    i hate both of them, but AC1 is far better then AC2,  AC2 was a major step down

• oldMageoldMage Member UncommonPosts: 6

Rumors are true Total Graphics Upgrade+Expansion for AC:DM so go get it and start playing, it will only get better imageimage... Im a player from 1 month after it went live and still going..... Turbine Rulez!!!!!! MicroSoft was only holding them guys back*smacks M$*..... ohh and HG rules