Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Left cause of the new grind!!

Ramrod33Ramrod33 Member Posts: 11

Loved this game, when it was first released, got back into it about 2 months ago, then they did the combat upgrade, and now I can't stand it, it's such a grind, I left for WoW.....

Those still playing, have fun, I just hope they don't dumb it down like they did with SWG!!

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Been playing since release and have never felt that it was a grind.

It only becomes a grind if you allow it to be.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    How is this a grind?  I feel I'm gaining XP faster now.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Its less of a grind than it was. Not sure why anyone would think its worse. Its far better.
  • xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

Well, tread just screams trolling. Wow just released a 14 day free trial (or was it 10). Does that mean the loose customers like crazy? :)

Its a grind once you start looking at your xp-bar. So is any freaking mmorg to date. Including eve. You grind cash, xp, items, upgrades etc etc. Still its a game, it just wont hold your hand as much as other titles out there.

Now, if anyone read the ogaming interview recently, there is another "wow-inspired" change coming our way. An easier way to check what NPCs that have quests. Looking forward to seeing the hate-topics about that one ;)

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like since the changes I've been leveling faster.  Lot's faster. 

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

i dont know. maybe its just because im a lvl 57 not used to leveling with vitality (i can now after the recent update yay!) but leveling seems to be going a hellofa a lot faster than it used to.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

No doubt that xp gain is much, much faster - even without the combat xp multiplier freebies. XP return for completing collection quests also seems to have been upped. Anyone who seriously believes that the level grind has become harder is deluded.

• NiberNiber Member Posts: 203

If he means the 50-60 grind by "the new grind" I can understand where he's coming from.  It's not pretty seeing .01% per kill sometimes.

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175

In a good fast group killing mostly white-yellow heroic ^^^ mobs (that give about 0.1% per encounter) and spending a full day and with brief rests, its easy to get from lvl59-60 if you grind like that.

Thats top hardcore play, XP from just grinding with good friends. Even botters couldnt get XP that fast image

• ironhydraironhydra Member Posts: 31

Yah I played this game for a while, but then it just got too boring to stand even looking at it. I left this game for guild wars which has like no grind it fun too its my kind of game.

• YagzurYagzur Member Posts: 8
    I actually left WoW to come here cuz the lvl grind was alot more fun(!) than in WoW.  I actually have a goal / item / story with multiple tasks to complete.  I am finding the lvl grind is quite fast considering the amount of heroic mobs.  If you grab enuf quests ie:Fallen Gate - everything you kill on your way in and out will help you complete quests, not to mention the mob xp.  I am enjoying this game alot. image