Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why?????

Comments

• millerhelp0millerhelp0 Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by CaptainRPG

Originally posted by ihatewow

yea , actualy we know who they are .... wow fanboysimagebecose gw as been most of the time in front of wow in this page rank ..
    the sad thing about it , is this forum about gw is totaly useless , full of flames.
    i blame the mods

And why can't they brag on this board? I don't have the WoW game on my PC, but if I was a fanboy of WoW, I would have every right brag in face seeing that 4.5 to 5 million people play the game everyday. I mean if you are treating this as a penis size contest, WoW obviously has the bigger wang and it isn't afraid to smack anyone upside the head with it.

My point is, you can rant and rave all you about how immature WoW fanboys are for boosting, but what is that going to do and what do you have to counter that?

i play WoW and guild wars i find guildwars for me to be alot better find it more fun cause woW is more cartoony and i dont like the game play as much as i like guildwars gameplay and graphics but i play both

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by millerhelp0

i play WoW and guild wars i find guildwars for me to be alot better find it more fun cause woW is more cartoony and i dont like the game play as much as i like guildwars gameplay and graphics but i play both

That's apples and oranges there. You and the WoW fanboys can argue about what features you like that makes it the ideal game and I respect that, but it all comes to who has player rate in the game and WoW has the highest rate. It's bring in 1 million players every 2 to 3 months. It's several months and guild wars wasn't even brought that much.

And for most part, you (and a few others) seem to like WoW less because you were unable to enjoy the best qualities of the game because you allow a few jerks to ruin your gameplay.

• AydrianAydrian Member Posts: 52

i play WoW and guild wars i find guildwars for me to be alot better find it more fun cause woW is more cartoony and i dont like the game play as much as i like guildwars gameplay and graphics but i play both
    That's apples and oranges there. You and the WoW fanboys can argue about what features you like that makes it the ideal game and I respect that, but it all comes to who has player rate in the game and WoW has the highest rate. It's bring in 1 million players every 2 to 3 months. It's several months and guild wars wasn't even brought that much.
    And for most part, you (and a few others) seem to like WoW less because you were unable to enjoy the best qualities of the game because you allow a few jerks to ruin your gameplay.

I'm going to make an intelligent point here for once, so take it into consideration CaptainRPG and hold your insults in check.

I am currently playing WoW again. I'm giving it a second chance so I could probably get a fairer view of it and not be so one sided. But really, man, there are more then just a few jerks in World of Warcraft.

Which brings me back to the whole instancing problem. You know why I like GW? Because I'm not disrespected. In 90% of the parties I've been a part of in GW I have not been called a "nub" or a "gay fag". I have a HUGE friends list. I almost always add everyone in every party I join to my friends list because they're naturally good people.

Now, I have meet some really rude and stupid people in GW but nowhere near the frequency I did in WoW. Today while playing WoW I got a bit of a surprise. Someone, out of the blue, asked me if I needed any help. That's the FIRST time anyone in that game has ever been that nice as to offer help instead of me having to ask for it.

Needless to say, just because of that one nice person my hatred for WoW has decreased some. But the sad thing is I played WoW for awhile before restarting my subscription months later and I never met a single nice person. On any realm. The fact that one nice person out of the perhaps hundreds I've met in the game speeks of itself.

I've never met a single rude person in PvE in GW. I've met tons in the PvP part and that's to be expected. A little smacktalk in a competition is actually meant for people who can talk smack back. It's fun. Except the koreans, I have no idea wtf they're saying.

I'm trying to get back into WoW and maybe have a little fun. I will not, however, be able to have fun with more then 75% of it's players because I do not take kindly to being called a fag when I ask to join a party. In GW, when I'm invited to the party, or when I ask, I usually get accepted without complaint and we start to form a strategy. Not every time of course, but most of the time I find a good team that's willing to have fun.

The parties I've been in on WoW are rarely full of very nice people. They are mostly 12 year old kids who would sooner stab you in the back than form a decent strategy and work as a team. Groups in WoW are usually split into two categories. The Great and The Really Bad. Unfortunately unless you're in a guild full of cool people, your chances of finding a Great Team are close to none.

I play with my Guildmates in GW sometimes but I like the thought that I don't have to play with them to get anything done. I'm sorry to say this but I do agree when you say that WoW gives more and gives better. But in the case of these two games that doesn't really matter. WoW gave what everyone wanted, GW gave what every wasn't expecting.

Neither games are bad, I just like GW better, ya know? The reason I have this problem with you is because you make me feel like an idiot for enjoying GW over WoW. I hate it when people do that. I'm a writer you see? I don't feel like hardcore MMOG's very much because they require too much devotion. I keep going from one MMOG to another, trying to find what fits. Most rarely do for long. But GW was the one game in years that I couldn't get sick of. If I get bored with it that's fine, I go back to my writing for a week or two then start playing again, no big deal.

I can't do that with WoW. If I get bored with it and wait two weeks, I just wasted money on the game because I can't adjust it to my living style. Sure they have that whole extra experience gain thing to make up for the time you're away but I like to level my characters fairly on my own time and truly feel like I have accomplished something through my hard work. That tiny benefit doesn't give me that feeling.

So far I've played GW since two weeks after it's release and out of all the MMOG's I've played nothing has ever kept me as enthralled as this game has. Well, maybe Ragnarok Online but it's hard not to obssess with that game for awhile. ;) This is my opinion. In your eyes it's completely the opposite and I respect that, but never in a million years will I let a single person degrade me for liking a game. ;)

Peace

Originally posted by Aydrian

i play WoW and guild wars i find guildwars for me to be alot better find it more fun cause woW is more cartoony and i dont like the game play as much as i like guildwars gameplay and graphics but i play both

And for most part, you (and a few others) seem to like WoW less because you were unable to enjoy the best qualities of the game because you allow a few jerks to ruin your gameplay.

I'm going to make an intelligent point here for once, so take it into consideration CaptainRPG and hold your insults in check.

I am currently playing WoW again. I'm giving it a second chance so I could probably get a fairer view of it and not be so one sided. But really, man, there are more then just a few jerks in World of Warcraft.

Which brings me back to the whole instancing problem. You know why I like GW? Because I'm not disrespected. In 90% of the parties I've been a part of in GW I have not been called a "nub" or a "gay fag". I have a HUGE friends list. I almost always add everyone in every party I join to my friends list because they're naturally good people.

Now, I have meet some really rude and stupid people in GW but nowhere near the frequency I did in WoW. Today while playing WoW I got a bit of a surprise. Someone, out of the blue, asked me if I needed any help. That's the FIRST time anyone in that game has ever been that nice as to offer help instead of me having to ask for it.

Needless to say, just because of that one nice person my hatred for WoW has decreased some. But the sad thing is I played WoW for awhile before restarting my subscription months later and I never met a single nice person. On any realm. The fact that one nice person out of the perhaps hundreds I've met in the game speeks of itself.

I've never met a single rude person in PvE in GW. I've met tons in the PvP part and that's to be expected. A little smacktalk in a competition is actually meant for people who can talk smack back. It's fun. Except the koreans, I have no idea wtf they're saying.

I'm trying to get back into WoW and maybe have a little fun. I will not, however, be able to have fun with more then 75% of it's players because I do not take kindly to being called a fag when I ask to join a party. In GW, when I'm invited to the party, or when I ask, I usually get accepted without complaint and we start to form a strategy. Not every time of course, but most of the time I find a good team that's willing to have fun.

The parties I've been in on WoW are rarely full of very nice people. They are mostly 12 year old kids who would sooner stab you in the back than form a decent strategy and work as a team. Groups in WoW are usually split into two categories. The Great and The Really Bad. Unfortunately unless you're in a guild full of cool people, your chances of finding a Great Team are close to none.

I play with my Guildmates in GW sometimes but I like the thought that I don't have to play with them to get anything done. I'm sorry to say this but I do agree when you say that WoW gives more and gives better. But in the case of these two games that doesn't really matter. WoW gave what everyone wanted, GW gave what every wasn't expecting.

Neither games are bad, I just like GW better, ya know? The reason I have this problem with you is because you make me feel like an idiot for enjoying GW over WoW. I hate it when people do that. I'm a writer you see? I don't feel like hardcore MMOG's very much because they require too much devotion. I keep going from one MMOG to another, trying to find what fits. Most rarely do for long. But GW was the one game in years that I couldn't get sick of. If I get bored with it that's fine, I go back to my writing for a week or two then start playing again, no big deal.

I can't do that with WoW. If I get bored with it and wait two weeks, I just wasted money on the game because I can't adjust it to my living style. Sure they have that whole extra experience gain thing to make up for the time you're away but I like to level my characters fairly on my own time and truly feel like I have accomplished something through my hard work. That tiny benefit doesn't give me that feeling.

So far I've played GW since two weeks after it's release and out of all the MMOG's I've played nothing has ever kept me as enthralled as this game has. Well, maybe Ragnarok Online but it's hard not to obssess with that game for awhile. ;) This is my opinion. In your eyes it's completely the opposite and I respect that, but never in a million years will I let a single person degrade me for liking a game. ;)

Peace

yea the WoW players dont like new players suckas me thats why i rarly play it but i kept my substription till it gets to bad that i get pissed at it and cancel

And for most part, you (and a few others) seem to like WoW less because you were unable to enjoy the best qualities of the game because you allow a few jerks to ruin your gameplay.

correct WoW brings that many in a month but alot of ppl play WoW to find they dont like it its not there style so is they bring in alot that dont mean there is alot of ppl in WoW caus emany also quit WoW

As they say in my neighborhood, "N%%ga, who are you?"

And there is none in Guild Wars? From the last time I played and some of the recent post, Guild Wars has the same jackass in their game as WoW. EQ and many other games have their set of a$$holes too so don't act like it's just WoW.

Which brings me back to the whole instancing problem. You know why I like GW?

Do I care? As I said, it's apples and oranges.

Because I'm not disrespected. In 90% of the parties I've been a part of in GW I have not been called a "nub" or a "gay fag".

Yes, but I do remember people in GW saying "Don't be Jew, give me run to the next town" or a guy running around calling him BlackNegga. Also when I played PvP they were a lot of noob and fag comment in there. Matter a fact, there were a lot fag and noob comments when I partied with the ranger whom every saw as the worse PvE character to bring along. And after looking at the most recent post, it's still seems to be the same case. Not much has changed in communities attitude since I left. GW is the most ignorant and closed minded community I've ever seen (Probably because many of the players are rejects themselves), but as I said that's apples and organes. You immature WoW players and I hate ignorant minded-GW players. There is nothing that going to stop us from thinking the way they do. We'll always see the worse of each community and we'll leave at that, but again listing your favorite things about GW isn't going change the pop-ratio of both games and isn't going to counter the fanboy who post in these forums. Unless you have something to show, you might want to keep that in your pants.

P.S: Personally, I have the same view of GW's community as Dave Chappelle has of Seasame Street.

As they say in my neighborhood, "N%%ga, who are you?"
    And there is none in Guild Wars? From the last time I played and some of the recent post, Guild Wars has the same jackass in their game as WoW. EQ and many other games have their set of a$$holes too so don't act like it's just WoW.
    Which brings me back to the whole instancing problem. You know why I like GW?
    Do I care? As I said, it's apples and oranges.
    Because I'm not disrespected. In 90% of the parties I've been a part of in GW I have not been called a "nub" or a "gay fag".
    Yes, but I do remember people in GW saying "Don't be Jew, give me run to the next town" or a guy running around calling him BlackNegga. Also when I played PvP they were a lot of noob and fag comment in there. Matter a fact, there were a lot fag and noob comments when I partied with the ranger whom every saw as the worse PvE character to bring along. And after looking at the most recent post, it's still seems to be the same case. Not much has changed in communities attitude since I left. GW is the most ignorant and closed minded community I've ever seen (Probably because many of the players are rejects themselves), but as I said that's apples and organes. You immature WoW players and I hate ignorant minded-GW players. There is nothing that going to stop us from thinking the way they do. We'll always see the worse of each community and we'll leave at that, but again listing your favorite things about GW isn't going change the pop-ratio of both games and isn't going to counter the fanboy who post in these forums. Unless you have something to show, you might want to keep that in your pants.
    P.S: Personally, I have the same view of GW's community as Dave Chappelle has of Seasame Street.

i beg to differ there are alot of WoW players that act like this and the only reason you made the comment^ is because you are a WoW fanboy who cnat relize the greatness of other games and apperently you have no life since all you do is come ot bach i came that you dont play yeah but thats makes you feel good considering you most likly have no life

correct WoW brings that many in a month but alot of ppl play WoW to find they dont like it its not there style so is they bring in alot that dont mean there is alot of ppl in WoW caus emany also quit WoW

Actually, it gets 335,000 to 500,000 players a lot months. There is no estimation of how many players leave so you are talking out of your ass. Many of the people who play are hardcore players and those who aren't, are playing a second MMORPG like EQ or even GW. There is no mass exodus you can stop lying to make yourself look good or to get accept by your GW "buddies." For christsakes, you're around other people who like GW, you do not have to kiss ass like a highschool student to get accepted here.

Actually, it gets 335,000 to 500,000 players a lot months. There is no estimation of how many players leave so you are talking out of your ass. Many of the people who play are hardcore players and those who aren't, are playing a second MMORPG like EQ or even GW. There is no mass exodus you can stop lying to make yourself look good or to get accept by your GW "buddies." For christsakes, you're around other people who like GW, you do not have to kiss ass like a highschool student to get accepted here.

im not kissing nothing im stating my opion on two games that i currently play and WoW well  i hardly ever see anyone there the whole time im playing time im thinking "when will i see someone when will this mmo stop and show me where all the people are

EDIT:fixed spell mestakes

i beg to differ there are alot of WoW players that act like this

You speak as if you were an expert WoW fanboy, which you embarassingly enough aren't and never will be. As I quoted, earlier,

"And why can't they brag on this board? I don't have the WoW game on my PC, but if I was a fanboy of WoW, I would have every right brag in face seeing that 4.5 to 5 million people play the game everyday. I mean if you are treating this as a penis size contest, WoW obviously has the bigger wang and it isn't afraid to smack anyone upside the head with it."

It amazes me how poor your read and comprehension skills are. And I've noted this in other posts before your dumbass came along that I use to play WoW, but I stop for my own reasons LONG AGO.

im not kissing nothing im stating my opion on two game sthat i currently play and WoW well  i hardly ever see nayone there the how time im thinking "when will i see someone when will this mmo stop and show me where all the people are 

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "English, motherf%#ker, English!"

N#%ga what did you just say seriously? I understand the first part of the sentence and that's it. And you are sucking up since don't even both to read the past post before posting. It would save you alot of embarassment if you read the post, thought it out and stop answering in favor your game. You can still be a fan of the game and intellectual, if they had detail and forethought put into them. But after looking at the length of your post and the intelligence put into your responses, I'm mostly asking too much out of you.

You're hopeless, CaptainRPG. You say you respect other peoples opinions but your responses are always rude and pointedly flamebait. I make a post that states legitimate reasons and you inflate what I say about the community so it fits your own twisted words. Honestly, I was thinking there might be some hope for you. You want people to make intelligent comments but when they do you make them feel like retards if it isn't written at a college graduate level.

Seriously, man, back the fuck off. You've proven your point time and again. Now you're just becoming a repetitive prick.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

I think everyone in GW looks the same.

So I never touched the game.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

I just want to point out that selling a million copies isn't the feat it used to be. As of June 2005 there were over 202 million internet users in the US (68.5% of the population). Selling one copy for every 202 users isn't that difficult. 

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Children children children....

They are GAMES.. Not religions. So take yer jihad somewhere else

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

im not kissing nothing im stating my opion on two game sthat i currently play and WoW well  i hardly ever see nayone there the how time im thinking "when will i see someone when will this mmo stop and show me where all the people are 
    In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "English, motherf%#ker, English!"
    N#%ga what did you just say seriously? I understand the first part of the sentence and that's it. And you are sucking up since don't even both to read the past post before posting. It would save you alot of embarassment if you read the post, thought it out and stop answering in favor your game. You can still be a fan of the game and intellectual, if they had detail and forethought put into them. But after looking at the length of your post and the intelligence put into your responses, I'm mostly asking too much out of you.

Im not bragging cause i play WoW but i also play guildwars i am simply stateing my opions on the games

You're hopeless, CaptainRPG. You say you respect other peoples opinions but your responses are always rude and pointedly flamebait. I make a post that states legitimate reasons and you inflate what I say about the community so it fits your own twisted words. Honestly, I was thinking there might be some hope for you. You want people to make intelligent comments but when they do you make them feel like retards if it isn't written at a college graduate level.
    Seriously, man, back the fuck off. You've proven your point time and again. Now you're just becoming a repetitive prick.

thats exactly what he does cause he comes ot a forum therd to a game he dont like and game he dont play a place to disscuss that game and post here he should og post on foums of a game he doe splay and like

You're hopeless, CaptainRPG...

Oh shut up, manage again to embarass yourself by not reading my original post. It posed a question you or the other person I replied have yet to answer. Had you answer that post, you would be less frustrated.

Oh, and no I don't respect your opinion, but you'll live.

You're hopeless, CaptainRPG...
    Oh shut up, manage again to embarass yourself by not reading my original post. It posed a question you or the other person I replied have yet to answer. Had you answer that post, you would be less frustrated.
    Oh, and no I don't respect your opinion, but you'll live.

^captainrpg good job you have now posted yet again a post to flame someone to say once again that your right and there wrong but i guess if thats what you got to do to fell good about yourself

^captainrpg good job you have now posted yet again a post to flame someone to say once again that your right and there wrong but i guess if thats what you got to do to fell good about yourself

On contrary, I didn't say he was right or wrong. I posed a rational question dealing with ethics, which he either completely ignored or didn't understand. (Which you did in your assumptions in your last response.) Instead, he posts a boost about his opinions on GW and WoW, which had nothing with the question posed.

In short, if he feels insulted and frustrated it's because he isn't getting a response or the response he want to his post . If he acknowledges the earlier question asked and answers then I'll be gladly to reply directly to his post.

I don't give people respect, they have to earn it by acknowledge past and present post. It's rude and moronic, to respond to something you know nothing about it. 

CaptainRPG, I've done nothing but try to get some common ground with you. I've read through every single post you've made in this forum since I started visiting it and 99% of the time you're rude, insulting, inflamatory, repetitive, sarcastic, obnoxious, full of yourself, and so far everytime when someone points out you're an asshole, you tell them to read all of your posts because they don't know what they're talking about.

Well I have read them all, and I don't see why you tell people to. You're still as much of an ass in all of them as you've ever been. It doesn't matter what your reasons are, you are STILL coming into a GW forum and insulting the game, and it's fanbase, in every single goddamn post. Your insults are starting to fall on deaf ears because almost everyone here has acknowledged that you're full of shit.

And yes, I get angry because I keep hearing what I do not want to hear. Hey, I wonder why in HELL I would be expecting some other Guild Wars fans to be in ~shock~ a Guild Wars forum! Instead what I get greeted by is someone who hates GW and insults all who play it. A person who makes pathetically thought up comebacks when someone who likes the game, again in a ~shock~ Guild Wars forum, makes a comment contrary to his own.

The fact that you play WoW pretty much explains most of that. 90% of the people who truly enjoy that game are pricks. Damnit, I don't know why I'm even arguing with you anymore. I bet I can predict the future though. You're going to tear my paragraphs apart, maybe only a sentence or two out of each paragraph, and leave some kind of lame insult degrading me and trying to make yourself look intelligent.

Then someone will probably quote your insult towards me before I get the chance because I only check here once or twice a day, and they're going to insult you for being an ass. Then you'll insult him, degrade him, and try to make yourself look cool. Then I'll quote you and tear your post apart and you'll insult me, degrade me etc. It's such a long, vicious cycle that comes down to the inevitable conclusion. You're a fking idiot.

So I'll just skip all of that needless crap and stay at that conclusion and ignore you from now on. You've never had anything good to say anyway.

Final Fantasy X-2
    Rikku: Maybe she'll (he'll) go away if we ignore her (him).

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

MMOrpg.com should put CaptainRPG on payroll, he keeps the forum traffic moving.

CaptainRPG, I've done nothing but try to get some common ground with you. I've read through every single post you've made in this forum since I started visiting it and 99% of the time you're rude, insulting, inflamatory, repetitive, sarcastic, obnoxious, full of yourself, and so far everytime when someone points out you're an asshole, you tell them to read all of your posts because they don't know what they're talking about.

Again I'm sorry you feel intimidate by me. If you didn't have inferior complex you wouldn't be so damn moody. And that goes for others have misconceptions with my posts.

Anyway, here's the question I posed earlier, "My point is, you can rant and rave all you about how immature WoW fanboys are for boosting, but what is that going to do and what do you have to counter that?"

Well I have read them all, and I don't see why you tell people to.

It's not just a matter of you reading, but understanding before replying. Though I am guilty of insults, I mostly insults those who do not look back at past post within the topic

It doesn't matter what your reasons are, you are STILL coming into a GW forum and insulting the game, and it's fanbase, in every single goddamn post.

I don't insult the game I defend the game, but because I don't say things you either don't understand or don't like to hear, doesn't mean I don't like the game. I said it once and I'll say it again. GW is a decent game, but is it better than other MMORPGs out there? Nope. Is it more unique than other MMORPGs out there. HELL YEAH! Should the game be more like other MMORPGs? No a certain extend yes, but mostly no. GW has a gameplay that is unique. Don't mess it up by trying to make it into another hardcore mmorpg.

Your insults are starting to fall on deaf ears because almost everyone here has acknowledged that you're full of shit.

It doesn't make them anymore right when they agree together.

MMOrpg.com should put CaptainRPG on payroll, he keeps the forum traffic moving.

image LOL! OMG!

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

I'm intimidated by ^.

I can never hold my ground in forum arguments.::::33::

Heh! heh! image