Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NO STEALING!!

TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218
I must say I'm crushed seeing that there will be no theivery in DE. Along with player killing, stealing was one of my favorite pastimes as a gamer. Guess Ill be waiting for Darkfall to come out, though I must say every other aspect of this game looks totally awesome....

Comments

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

you mean like corpse looting stealing or kill stealing?

I just hope the are not really strict about item pick and level-verus-reward like DAoC is.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218
    I mean pickpocketing, and I hope there is all-out looting also.

• MetaplayerMetaplayer Member Posts: 7
    Bah! I'm glad to see that this is not a feature and I'm equally glad to see that the theieves themselves go other ways. Sheez!

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292
    what did he say TMcC?

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    Companies are smart to stay away from stealing, it usually becomes a no consequence way of pissing people off. I'm for pissing other people off 100% but there has to be consequences for your actions.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

I agree with you 100%. This game looks to be good but Darkfall has stealing so Im really waiting for that one, thats one of the reasons I loved UO so much.

• ZedosZedos Member Posts: 3

DE has looting of a sort.

if you become the role 'Outlaw' and hunt down and kill the role 'traders' you get all there trade goods what ever they might be.

i think thats a great balance myself ::::17::

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Definitely makes it more interesting, especially for tradespersons. Of course there is the possibility that a tradesperson may be working in a town protected by a guardian dragon... which of course is of no concern to the outlaw ;)

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• DarksideDarkside Member Posts: 6

Err I remember the rampant thieving in UO.... Had to keep my regents in a locked, trapped chest which I kept inside of another backpack inside of another backpack inside of another ... etc... until it was maybe 20 levels deep. Then I'd have like 5 other 20-level deep backpacking within backpacks which turned out empty.

What a pain in the a$$ !!!

So glad no thieving in DE. image

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Well, I just trapped and locked my chests without the duds. Of course I did have two red wyrms guarding my house so... ::::40::

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    [email protected]
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

The reason Im looking forward to DE is the pvp. I always thought theivery is pvp also.....I just enjoyed playin my theif and pker the most and also enjoyed being the victim of theivery...this was just another aspect that made a game harder and more interesting.

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    I like the whole 'outlaw' idea, it sounds really cool. Might be fun to play as one of those but other players will probably be able to see that you are one and try to kill you. To me that sounds like it would never get boring playing as one of those.

"No one can draw a clear line between sane and insane. You move that line as you see fit for yourself. No one else can. You'll understand soon... that the one that's insane is this world." - Vincent

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141
    Outlaw sounds fun! But can Bounty Hunters loot the Outlaw they have killed?image 

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

• bamzenbamzen Member Posts: 39

Well, any intelligent Outlaw/bountyhunter would have a clear inventory as you cannot (AFAIK) loot the items one use, but my guess would be yes.

But imagine a big raid somewhere, and then if they're successful some large band of outlaws in that empire suddenly comes and kills them all before the loot has been distributed, bet that would piss some people off.

Explorer 73%
    Socializer 66%
    Achiever 33%
    Killer 26%

Dreamers can find their way by moonlight and their only punishment is that they see the dawn before the rest of the world

Haha!!!image That sure sounds Fun!!!! I will wait till they have successfully loot the merchants before I loot them!!!image

• AmirhAAmirhA Member Posts: 39
    until my band of outlaws comes along and slaughters all you bounty hunter scum and hang your heads on a pike for all to see BWAHAHAHAimage

But you will have to catch us first!image After looting the outlaws we will be heading back to our main camp. If you want our heads, you have to get past our Guardian Dragon!image

• sweekessweekes Member Posts: 22
    I dont really see the point of pickpocketing in this enviroment, unless I'm mistaken (which i very well might be), the only PvP is against the other empires.  A pickpocket only makes sense when you *assume* that they are your friends (or atleast neutrals).  An enemy in your empire would be pretty foolish to try and walk up to you and steal.

-DaemonBarber
    Fleet Street, London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you, but you appear to be unarmed.

• JackTRJackTR Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by sweekes
    I dont really see the point of pickpocketing in this enviroment, unless I'm mistaken (which i very well might be), the only PvP is against the other empires.  A pickpocket only makes sense when you *assume* that they are your friends (or atleast neutrals).  An enemy in your empire would be pretty foolish to try and walk up to you and steal.

-DaemonBarber
    Fleet Street, London

PvP is not against other empires. PvP Happens through three systems : The Blood Circus, City Conquering Battles and the Roles system.

The Blood Circus is casual, you could call it a duel with options for multiple players or groups and different team games, where you can wager on the outcome of the game.
    The City Battles are an integrated part of Dragon Empires' politics, and also goes hand in hand with the Roles system.. It's the only way to get to rule one or more cities with your clan. More about City Battles can be found here and here.
    Finally there is the Role System. In Dragon Empires there are different Roles:

• Civilian: In this Role you cannot be harmed by other players, nor can you harm them. You could say that you have a non-PvP Flag :)
    • Trader: In this role you're flagged as a possible target, but do not engage in PvP yourself unless attacked by Outlaws. The Trader Role gets triggered by taking on a contract from an NPC in a city to move resources/goods to another city. Upon delivery you gain money and the Pending experience that has been given gets locked into your permanent experience.
    • Bounty Hunter: Bounty Hunters hunt for Outlaws and defend the Traders. They get experience from killing the Outlaws (they get the Pending XP from the Outlaws they kill) and an amount of cash from the Outlaw that is equal to the bounty the Outlaw has got up to that moment. You activate the Bounty Hunter role by an NPC Contract (no the contract is not aimed at a certain outlaw, just at "Outlaws")
    • Outlaw: You can attack Traders, Bounty Hunters and other Outlaws in this role. Your reward is cash, Pending experience and possible trading goods that the Traders were hauling. Outlaws also have another pro to their role: it's the only way that you can attack the empire's Venerated Beasts (the most favoured beast by the Dragon of that Empire), which carry precious loot (which should be much wanted by crafters). You become an Outlaw by attacking a Venerated beast.

All these Roles are of course temporary: Traders are unflagged when they deliver their stuff, or they die (not 100% sure here). Bounty Hunters have a set timer AFAIK, and Outlaws accrue more time on their timer when they kill more persons/ven beasts. Also once you cross a border to another empire, your role switches to the role you left that empire with. So you can have different Roles in every Empire.

Hope that helped a bit :o

http://de.stratics.com - Content Manager

http://de.stratics.com - Managing Editor

• EmlirEmlir Member Posts: 13
    Personally, I'm opposed to stealing.  While it's an interesting idea it never seems to work out, just seems to encourage griefers.

-Emlir, spokesman and diplomatic liaison for the Legacy of Titan clan.

• sweekessweekes Member Posts: 22

Awesome Jack, thanks.  I guess what I had assumed though was that you couldnt be an outlaw in your own empire.  Does anyone one know for sure?

-DaemonBarber
    Fleet Street, London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you, but you appear to be unarmed.

I think that you could be an outlaw in any empire, but if you were in a clan who owned a city you wouldn't want to be an outlaw in that empire.  It'd be kinda like working against your own clan (that is, if the anti-exploit system codies have discussed is effective enough).

• JackTRJackTR Member Posts: 12
    You can be an outlaw in your own Empire. Being an outlaw does certainly NOT means that you're working against your clan. On the contrary, you could be sabotaging another clan in the same empire instead, in your clan's advantage.

http://de.stratics.com - Content Manager

http://de.stratics.com - Managing Editor

• KuhntarKuhntar Member Posts: 4
    In theory the role combat sounds AWSOME.  I for one HATED pks or thieves. But this systems sounds like it would work. As long as you have to option of not becoming a victim and willingly put yourself out there for a outlaw to kill its fine by me.

Well-put Kuhntar.