Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter Nights

I just wanna see who all has played it.  

I played it multiplayer on the persitant worlds, and loved it. 

Could it beconsidered a MMORPG? 
1)  plenty of mods that are extremely advanced and deep in storylines. 
2)  some servers have a good 50 on a server at any given time, seen some up at 98 or so
3)  COMPLETELY RPG.  So many diehard dnd fans.  

donno, what ya guys think.

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Loved the game, cant wait to play the expansion Hordes of the Underdark

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89

Hotu will rule!  im so going back to playing the game constantly after that release.

I donno, but bioware seems not to cop out on expansions, I so love them because of that.

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    i luv this game but my main comp crashed and is all messed  up so i cant play any games until its fixed it sucks for me

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

Not a big fan...

I guess I like when you are actully seeing what your character is seeing, 1st person...rather than what NN has, 3rd person where you dont see what he sees through his eyes...

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613

i luv to make maps and weapons its realy realy fun... realy fun

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Problem with NWN is it's wide open to abuse.  All you have to do is continually restart the early scenario where you get your free 100 Gold pieces and run this over and over and over again.  Sort of like farming gold in other games, but without the risk.  Then, after all that, it's D and D in somebody else's game.  No continuity, no sense of a persistent world, just playing random scenarios over and over.

Now they are working on getting Dungeons and Dragons Online developed and perhaps that will be a different story.  Always wanted to wander about the Forgotten Realms.  But NWN just doesn't fit into the class of a true MMORPG.

Well there is persistance on certain servers, guild wars, ect ect ect.  Ever changing storylines...  Sometimes better then huge corporate mmorpgs.

Mining gold?  Why? On servers with good DM's they will catch abusers and ban IP.   If the server is based off of powerleveling, then i guess its acceptable, but all the chars are stored on the servers vault not someones local vault.    

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC

That and hopefully all those companies make'n DnD online dont cop out and make crap.....   seriously, im tired of it!

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC