Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiers of Membership?

jlan26jlan26 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I'm just curious if this means the standard... pay X per month, pay for 3 months, get X% discount, pay for 6 months, etc. etc.  Or does the "tier" mean something different entirely?  Like pay more per month, get something extra?

Just something that struck me odd for some reason :-/

Aside from this...

I'm very hyped about the concept of the game and can't wait until beta (o/)!!

I'm not signing this

Comments

• VenerableDVenerableD Member Posts: 41

Fundraisers often suggest tiered membership in the form of 'the more you pay the more you get' as a way of revenue maximisation, so it maybe that Fallen Earth will go along that route.

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Wow, you bring up a good point. That sounds a little disturbing.

"Multiple tiers of membership"

I really hope they don't mean paying more per month gives you better privileges. For example..

$X - Normal package
    $X+3 - Special package. Increased regeneration, more storage space!
    $X+6 - Super package! You can stop bullets and fly in the clouds!

Having different payment amounts will just divide the community IMHO. Settle on one price and stick with it.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

hmmmmm

• drycatdrycat Member Posts: 119

I agree with Sinoth, having a structured membership level with in-game perks over more basic plans would only create gameplay disparity. That is dependent upon what kind of in-game features that involves.

Now, if structured memberships give support style bonuses, like extra inventory space , in game vaults, extra character slots, etc.. these wouldn't adversely affect the balance. Not to say that FE is taking any course related to this, but if they did I would hate to see the people that pay more per month, getting gameplay advantages over lower subscription plans. I don't consider inventory, in-game storage or extra character slots for character creation providing advantages that alter gameplay. Now, this prescribes to how people consider making pit-stops at town to sell loot, etc.. Whereas people that have more inventory space would not have to do this. This is a matter of convenience, and not something that is going to affect a duel between someone with the extra inventory slots and someone without them, or either of the two players vs. mobs. I think that more inventory space is just a luxury, and some people like that luxury where others could care less.

Depends on your style of gameplay I suppose. 

EQ2 and FFXI are two MMO's that come to mind that provide extra character slots depending on how much you want to spend, or how many additional slots you want. One thing I did like about the EQ2 increased subscription rates were the added links to in-game items, which includes full item statiistics, screenshots etc.. That additional content pakacge also included a guild web-site kit with some amount of space for guild, web-site hosting.

Those are the kinds of things I wouldn't mind seeing in structured membership plans. I like to collect and analyze data so I would pay for something like that image

If I have anything wrong in my post about some of the extra content you can purchase through your EQ2 subscription plan, sorry about that image Can't put up with Sony any more.. so, I really have no idea what you can buy with your subscription plan since I divested my Sony registered products, to inlcude the title SWG, which received many dev-wallops in the kisser ! hehe

• jlan26jlan26 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I'm not familiar with the EQ2 subscription plans you mentioned, drycat, but from what you describe this may be a possibility of what they are indicating.  Which I agree that it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I would feel more comfortable with a better explanation on their FAQ... which I'm certain is coming image 

Priorities, priorities!!

I'm not signing this

• fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

Just to let everyone know, we haven't made any decisions with regard to pricing or subscription plans or anything like that.  I'm not sure where the multi-tiered pricing stuff came from, but no decision has been made about that, or any other pricing plan, at all.

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

http://fallenearth.com/help/faq.htm#howmuch

This question under the FAQ is what we are discussing... a rewording of the answer might get rid of some of this confusion. The "various tiers of membership" bit is what we're not sure about.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information