Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Empires...Next best MMORPG?

Gimme your thoughts on what you expect or already know about Dragon Empires

Check it out at www.dragonempires.com

Comments

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

PKing as elder gaming content (Clan wars over Cities/resource controll). PK almost everywhere.

Dragon breeding for powergamers/Guild highlings (rideable/flyable depending on growth size).

Controlling clan can issue laws on the area they controll.

3 Races 15 classes. Both skills and level will prolly be caped.

Looks like a nice game will have to fight with Linage 2 for the 1st place in PK market segment.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82

its all 'bout HORIZONS!!! forget about dragon empires lol. Play horizons, THE next best MMORPG.

• ummmm. . . dude, horizon isn't out yet. get rid of the drugs stash in yur closet!

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

The game so far looks great ,and it seems to me that the dev team know their bells from their whistles. I will try this game for sure. I dont know much else about the game, besides the following information about beta.

I wrote these folks saying that I thought that their game looked good. That the game looked like a quality and promisiing product, and that I would be very interested in beta testing. The email was sent to the address that they specified for beta applicants. I waited over 3 months and heard no reply. So I wrote again saying that I was interested and explained how I had been following their progress, and that could they please reply to me, positive or negitive  (the only reason I pushed for a reply was because I was waiting on another beta, and I dont feel that it is fair to the dev team to beta test two games at the same time, because you can not test a game properly doing so, as two games takes to much focus and time if your are honestly beta testing and not just goofing off). I also explained how many companies never reply to beta testers until the week before release, with the intent of using the beta test applicants to test their servers for capasity threshhold. I explained that I am a real beta tester and not a open beta player and have no interest in beating the rush to test the server threshold. They responded by telling me that in that case they would remove my beta application. Not a big deal, however it does tell me that they are interested mainly in using players to test their servers, which is completely legitimate, and perfectly realistic. All this confirms one thing. That Dragon Empires is not vapor-ware, and already has plans for server testing on their books (obviously).  However to be noted... this is the same technique that SWG used. They let tons of players into open beta and did not listen to the suggestions of the players (well they listened a little bit on things that were VERY easy to fix, like wookie language issues), the mass influx of player did indeed test the servers (as they crahsed repeatedly) and cuedoes to them on that. However thats not really beta testing. Thats pre-release server threshhold testing, needed but boring in my eyes. I hope DE does not fall into this trap, and I hope they use the external testers to actually beta test, and dont just use internal testing to beta test (which never works well). But the game looks great, and I will try it when it releases, and I hope it can fill "the gap".

FINBAR [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------
    EQ (release to lvl 59)
    DAOC (release to lvl 50)
    AC (Beta)
    AC2 (Beta to Lvl 50)
    AO (Beta)
    Neocron (Beta)
    WW2 (Beta)
    Eve Online (Beta)
    Planet Side (Beta)
    Second Life Online (Beta)
    War Craft 3 (Beta)
    Black Moon Chronicle (Beta-End)
    SB (Beta)
    SWG (Beta, and post beta to master level fencer)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Now Playing: Nothing

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Good post  but you did not use paragraphs making it very hard to read.

Now I followed DE for a while and sort of lost intrest in it.The developers(as of 2001) were very keen for input into their game.

I will definately give it a go.However my views in the past was that developers should listen to gamers.But I later realsied that many of the suggestions that are taken are because of he who shouts loudest.

In my experience I find out that those that spam most and shout loudest usually have very poor ideas.

I think its wrong to say SWG developers never listened to players.They have right from 2001.If you can recall that far or followed the game that far you would know jedis were never meant to exist as not to kill the story plot.But thru a lot of screaming they caved in .

Result of jedis been ingame(they are there now)- overbalanced class,total death of story(time period is after destruction of death star 1),loads  and loads of whining and quitting because most can't open the slot,focus been diverted to jedis(check out their forum its filled with immature whine) while rest of game is dying around them.

Nerfs in all games i know of came from player whines.From the shadowknight in EQ to the archers in DAoC to rifleman in SWG.

Now I am not saying player ideas are not great just that the ones that seems to get thru nearly always kills the game.

Well again I went off topic.DE I think will be an ok game.However I still hope horizons will come out great as the ideas in it are amazing.

• whitelizardwhitelizard Member Posts: 36

The game looks very good, if Horizons turns out to be a flop then I will be playing this one instead!