Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So lets get this forum started off right

flootieflootie Member Posts: 100

What brings you here...why are you looking at UXO.

For me its a combination of a lot of things, but in effect is also very simple that I am impressed by there extensive questing system and quests are one of the things that i enjoy most in games...so i am hoping that i enjoy it as much here.

Comments

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66

I'm just wondering how much content that made UO awesome they are going to leave out of UXO in order to make it pretty much the same as EQ2, WoW, etc....

Shelk

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

well this is totally seperate from uo, so probably gonna leave out alot. im still looking forward to it though, it seems kind of similar to wow so far, has alot of the same ideas.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

The main reason UXO caught my attention was the feasiablity to solo and the possibility to automate loot distribution in groups. Other parts also read well.

The only thing I asked my self then read the game info was how can one identify the boss mob loot chest among lots of other loot chests in areas of high respawn?

But ill have to wait and see won't I ;)

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

---

• Calandryll_Calandryll_ DeveloperMember Posts: 43

Originally posted by psibot

The main reason UXO caught my attention was the feasiablity to solo and the possibility to automate loot distribution in groups. Other parts also read well.
    The only thing I asked my self then read the game info was how can one identify the boss mob loot chest among lots of other loot chests in areas of high respawn?
    But ill have to wait and see won't I ;)

The loot chests look the same, however looting is really fast. There is a particle effect on loot chests that still contain items, so its also really easy to know which ones you have looted and which ones you have not.

-Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna
    Lead Designer, Ultima X: Odyssey

Originally posted by Calandryll_

The loot chests look the same, however looting is really fast. There is a particle effect on loot chests that still contain items, so its also really easy to know which ones you have looted and which ones you have not.

Thank very much for answering and I won't too add I like the loot distribution very much.

And I got an other question. Will magic/special items be highlighted in chests or even better will there be some filter to set personal highlightings for treasure?

Just an suggestion to make the haystack and needle thing sweeter ;)

---

---

• Calandryll_Calandryll_ DeveloperMember Posts: 43

Originally posted by psibot
    Thank very much for answering and I won't too add I like the loot distribution very much.
    And I got an other question. Will magic/special items be highlighted in chests or even better will there be some filter to set personal highlightings for treasure?
    Just an suggestion to make the haystack and needle thing sweeter ;)

The loot system doesn't tell you what items are better or worse in the chest because you may have a different opinion on what is good and what is not. The system does allow you to mouse-over any item in the chest to see its properties and who has looting rights. If the item has already been looted, the item is grayed out so you can mouse over it and see who looted it. Also, if you got the item because of your luck stat (luck increases the properties and amount of items found) there is a little four-leaf clover icon next to it. This lets you know how effective your luck is.

We talked about looting rights on the UXO website a few weeks ago. Feel free to check it out!

http://www.uxo.ea.com/feature_loot.html

thanks again ;)

---

---

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    UXO looks great, i dont know how im going to be able to choose between UXO and Lineage 2

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    im also curious as to how long it will be till UXO starts taking beta testers.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    I'm excited about the more Ultima-ed experience that UXO is going to bring. Everything i've read about it so far tells me it's going to be much more linked to the games i loved playing awhile back than UO actually was. And all the improved systems just sound really fun to try out!

BTW...Calandryll just posted about the Beta on another thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/loadforum/498/loadthread/5638/setstart/1/loadclass/171

• ArxonArxon Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by Shmee
    im also curious as to how long it will be till UXO starts taking beta testers.

It will be some time starting next year.  I hope not as far off as the 15th as the contest for beta giveaway states, but even if so I"ll be happy to get in :)

"Can't... Sleep... The Carebears... Will get... Their way..."

As for why I'm interested in UXO, it's for quite a few resons.  Reason one being of coures that UO has been the best MMORPG out on the market in the last 6 years and that says a lot for any game...  Reason two being that in all of my time in UO I've seen the choices and moves that the dev team has made and I like their style of thinking.  And last but not least would just be the whole unique direction that UXO seems to be taking.  From the paths of Virtue, to the to the extensive guild interface, UXO is looking to be the top game of this genre.

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94

I came to follow UXO after being thoroughy disgusted UO:AoS.  I'm looking forward to UXO because it seems as if they've watched the mass of MMO's and taken the best ideas from them and made them better.  Consentual PvP, an actual looting system rather than whoever can ninja loot the best gets the goods, the ascension system, active combat rather than passive and so on and so forth.

No, this will not be the perfect game for everyone, nor will any game ever be.  At least the devs of this game are leaving themselves plenty of room to add new content instead of shoving it all into the initial release then spending the next year trying to fix all their mistakes.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124

I'm glad that there isn't and probably won't be a game that's perfect for everyone, especially in the MMORPG world. If that ever happened just think about the lag! Anyway, the beauty of it all is that there's always going to be alot of choices out there and in my book UXO is at the top of the list. The single fact that the devs have so much obvious respect for the Ultima series and history and are making sure they take the best of those games and making it better for this one is a big reason for me personally.

• PsouthPsouth Member Posts: 128
    I'm lookin forward to this game because it looks like you won't feel the need to start a new char evrytime you see another char that looks better.... because you will already be really proud of your own char------ The spells look nice in that they look to be turning out very different and unique to every class but very powerful--- so you will go out thinking yourself really powerful and be suprised by other classes that also have cool powerful things, but the mobs don't look to be especially hard or cool. image

Deli Style

• crzybrtndrcrzybrtndr Member Posts: 94
    You do realize that you will have to build a total of 9 characters to get to Avatar right?

Originally posted by redtiger

I'm glad that there isn't and probably won't be a game that's perfect for everyone, especially in the MMORPG world. If that ever happened just think about the lag! Anyway, the beauty of it all is that there's always going to be alot of choices out there and in my book UXO is at the top of the list. The single fact that the devs have so much obvious respect for the Ultima series and history and are making sure they take the best of those games and making it better for this one is a big reason for me personally.

Lag actually is becomming less of a problem these days.  There are games out there that will be releasing with only one server that can hold millions of people.  And even UXO will have zones capable of having plenty of people on them.  UXO should be less laggy than UO ever was.

• gljvdgljvd Member Posts: 27
    I'm here because it is not ultima online 2 . I'm here because its ultima 10. perhaps the greatest rpgs ever made.

• PsouthPsouth Member Posts: 128

Whoa man that was deep        

Deli Style

Originally posted by gljvd
    I'm here because it is not ultima online 2 . I'm here because its ultima 10. perhaps the greatest rpgs ever made.

It's not UO2.  But it could be 2OU, or OU2...

It is the second ultima that is online, but it's not a sequal to their previous online ultima.  Hehe, anyone confused yet?

• JackoJacko Member Posts: 32
    I feel this game is very different from UO,and i think all the UO vetarens are gonna be newbies again hehe. But it has a lot of good concepts that other newer MMORPGs have used,and i am looking foward to it.

VoY leader

VoY leader