Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

age of conan and ao?

BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

anyone else wonder if the release of Age of Conan is gonna hurt how funcom handles AO?

Just another handsome boy graduate...

Comments

• RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I have thought about it especially since they have dedicated such a large chunk of the developer's time to the conan project.  Overall, they are two different types of game at heart.  AO is very much about community and sci-fi, conan is a combination of single player at the begining and multiplayer after lvl 30.  I know a lot of good people on AO that his type of game would not appeal to.  If anything, I think it may stir more interest in AO as a lot of people think that only SOE can make MMOs right.

• Stratus8Stratus8 Member Posts: 173

Conan is going to cause Funcom to merge every account onto one server... lol That will be funny image

• RavenmgsRavenmgs Member Posts: 155

I seruously doubt it could do any more damage to AO then SWG, EQ2 and WOW, if the current people playing were going to leave, they would of left by now. I personally find all MMO's sucky and wish they would make a AO classic server with open pvp and no rules.

• bouncebounce Member UncommonPosts: 24

well i am or was a bit concerned about the use of resources at FCs too, but oh well you won't ever know sufficient details anyway, unless you head out to scandinavia and work for them

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246
    If Age of Conan does well propabaly wont hurt it too much. There is always a dip when something new comes out. But quite a few return to what they are familar with. Most play AO for the Sci-fi setting.
  • FadinawayFadinaway Member Posts: 270

Well, I did work for Funcom.  So I can say with some experience, they will do what they can to make sure it doesn't do anything to harm AO.  They currently have a dedicated team for Anarchy Online, another team for Conan, and yet ANOTHER team for Dreamfall.

Although AO has been around for a while now, it is still their baby.  A lot of great innovations in the MMO industry came from AO.  Innovations in game and in business models.  I don't see them making plans that would hurt AO.

Fadinaway
    Playerbase Solutions
    http://www.playerbasesolutions.com