Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game will is not vaporware

DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

two reasons why this game is not vaporware

1. The development team regularly posts updates to the community and posts on the community forums. New screens, ideas, and progress is made every update, it takes a while, and the promises of beta/alpha are never kept, but it still happens.

2. It would be impossible for world fusion (atriarch dev team) to maintain a website solely based on the premise of tricking gamers into posting about an irrevelant game. There are no ads on the official site, no ways to make money, merely information, everything else is created by fans of the game, who are also not making money. There is not some grand scheme to trick gamers into following something, no money or sadistic pleasure is to be gained. So, this point, in combination with the first point means that the game is alive and kicking and can still deliver if you would just give it a chance.

There, the facts.

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

Comments

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Are you sure? It took someone (me!) who came here by accident two weeks after your post to reply. ::::35::

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I came by on purpose before this, but I didn't see any point in replying. It isn't a new topic. My pre-New Year's resolution is to stop replying to people who start new threads even though the horse is dead and the stick is broken. But you have a point, since other people LOVE to beat dead horses. I guess this one is so dead it isn't even fun to beat anymore.

The last news on the Atriarch site was:

November 8, 2005Things have been heating up lately. Publisher and press interest in Atriarch is really picking up. Typically, publisher interest begins after the first of the year due to the Christmas/December rush for most larger companies. However, Atriarch seems to have caught the scent of some major players, alternative venues and traditional publishers. I am currently on tour, talking with various publishers, partners and press. Right now I'm in Australia where New Era Companies has purchased the rights to publish, distribute and support Atriarch. We are excited and looking forward to good things happening! Things are crazy. We are already setting up demos for the Game Developer's Conference, March 2006. This marks the soonest we've ever needed to do that. These are all good signs! If you will be at GDC , then drop us an email to let us know... (Make sure it doesn't look like junk mail or it will just get booted). Even if you are just a long time "Tuesday Update" fan... we owe you a good demo... email us and we'll be happy to talk and show everything Atriarch :-)

And since that doesn't say much about the state of the game, I figured it wasn't worth mentioning over here either... I don't know. Maybe it will see the light of day, maybe not. Most people have wandered off at this point. I like to keep an eye on what's in development in MMORPGs, so I still pop by the official site about once every other month.

I do hope Atriarch gets released, though. I love an underdog.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

Me too, Neschria. It would be great to see one these under-funded, indie dev companies make a big splash based on talent, clever ideas and giving consumers what they want. We could use them to piss off all the Biggies who spend millions on advertising to hype their sub-standard products!

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

This game has been in make longer then i care to remember.

Suprised they found a publisher.

• PrestonPreston Member Posts: 122

LOL how ya doin Signe?

I've been waiting for Atriarch for about 5 years now. I think I signed up for their first beta back in 2000.

I still wish them luck too!

Hiya, Preston. We always eventually bump into each other! I'm doing good. Just wandering around, encouraging people to piss off BIG game companies... just for giggles. ::::19:: I made a resolution not to wait for games after a year or so anymore. If they don't happen by then, I either decide they don't exist or pretend I just heard about them.

Sooo... what's this Atriarch game? It must be brand new... I've never heard about it! Does it have elves?

Originally posted by Signe
    Hiya, Preston. We always eventually bump into each other! I'm doing good. Just wandering around, encouraging people to piss off BIG game companies... just for giggles. ::::19:: I made a resolution not to wait for games after a year or so anymore. If they don't happen by then, I either decide they don't exist or pretend I just heard about them. Sooo... what's this Atriarch game? It must be brand new... I've never heard about it! Does it have elves?

I know, we do huh? I'm glad you're doing the solo wandering thing. Someone needs to do it!

Hehe, you are so funny.. I don't even know what Atriarch is about anymore it has been so long. I just remember they had some cool crafting and house building stuff going on back when I was a carebear. I've evolved since then and don't think I can take a game that doesn't have PvP in it now.

Keep an eye on Darkfall, beta is coming soon...

Why, I've only just heard about this "Darkfall"! I'm sure it must be brand new! ::::19::

Originally posted by Signe
    Why, I've only just heard about this "Darkfall"! I'm sure it must be brand new! ::::19::

Haha! IT is!!!

:D

• SatyricSatyric Member Posts: 1

It certainly had some neat elements when I and the dev team were working on it.

NDA and professionalism forbids me from saying much else.

• DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

Clearly this game is still being worked on as a new update just popped up.

The reason why I made this topic was to disquiet those who constantly talked about Atriarch being vaporware. Forget the fact that there have been constant updates from 1999, and forget the fact that nothing is to be gained by lieing to the gaming public, people who use this forum shouldn't be here to troll and get their post count up by making endless topics about Atriarch's failings. This is a forum to discuss Atriarch as a whole, not completely condemn it, especially when that condemnation has no grounds to stand upon.

Too bad too many people are cynical about it.

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

Originally posted by Darkbackward

Clearly this game is still being worked on as a new update just popped up.
    The reason why I made this topic was to disquiet those who constantly talked about Atriarch being vaporware. Forget the fact that there have been constant updates from 1999, and forget the fact that nothing is to be gained by lieing to the gaming public, people who use this forum shouldn't be here to troll and get their post count up by making endless topics about Atriarch's failings. This is a forum to discuss Atriarch as a whole, not completely condemn it, especially when that condemnation has no grounds to stand upon.
    Too bad too many people are cynical about it.

Of course we are cynical.   The game has been in "developement" for almost 7 years.   The updates on the modest web site are nothing more than a BLOG.  

I have no problem with you being enthusiastic and optomistic about this game.  

People questioning whether or not a game that has been "in development" (and I use that term loosely) for 6+ years is not "trolling" or condeming it "with no grounds to stand upon".

I applied for the beta in 2001.   What kind of developer passes out beta invitations 5 years in advance?

• AthameAthame Member Posts: 43
    It's a great premise, there's nothing wrong with keeping the dream alive. Don't sit around waiting on it any more than you would starve yourself all week waiting for Meatloaf Monday. It will happen in it's own good time or not. I've been following it for ages, too. Even renew my beta app when I upgrade hehe. I just like small companies that dream big, I guess