Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My last day in SWG

Here I was logging in for the last time. I was starting to feel a little nostalgic and thinking maybe I was being too hasty. LOL, then once again I am reminded why Im quitting.

Im in the Mining Outpost on Dantooine. I try to take my ship to tatooine to put stuff in my bank vault. However for some reason my ship isnt parked in MOP (and it should be). Odd, okay I'll take the SP to Coronet and grab my ship from there. I buy a ticket and use it, nothing happens. Odd, I try again. Still nothing. I then notice that there are 4 others doing the same thing. After a few more attempts I give up and go afk for an hr.

I come back and MOP is a ghost town. Again I try and leave to no avail. I hope on my bike and ride to the Imperial outpost. From there I grab a ship to coronet, thankfully it worked.

I arrive in coronet and go to get my ship and jump to Mos Eisely. LOL, now it says my ship is parked in the Mining Outpost !!! You gotta be kidding me, okay so I buy a ticket and try to go back to MOP. Again, eats my ticket and doesnt work. I grab another ticket to head to tatooine instead, doesnt work. Okay, I go afk again for an hr.

I check back in, ship is still not where it should be so I buy another ticket and this time it works. I come off the trip and as soon as I enter the SP I see black space. I run in place but cant get anywhere. I do/unstick 3 times and finally get booted outside so I can leave.

This time to avoid any travel issues I ride my bike all the way to my shop. Once I get there I see 3 red dots outside my building. I then take out my probot to clear them. I send him out, he takes out one but wont come back to me. He just sits there and wont respond to my call command. I store him and pull him back out. I send to another scyk but this one he cant see (halfway in building). I try sending him, recalling, and sending again a few times, nada. I then have him follow me and set him to guard me. Sure enough, soon as I get inside my house the stupid scyk attacks me and incaps me and my droid does nothing.

I get up, start to grab everything I can. Then I proceed to burst run outside but again the scyk gets me. At this point a whole nest is nearby and I see 4 red dots around me. I get up and immediately run. My stupid droid isnt following me again.

Suddenly I get stopped by one of those stupid imperial probot drones that scans me. As he stopped me my bike spun off away from me. As I run towards it another scyk catches me and 3rd incap kills me. Finally, after leaving the clone center I empty my stuff into bank vault.

I try and get back to my house but those stupid scyk are everywhere. Do I want to go through this again ? Hell no, I gave up and logged for the final time

Thank you SOE for reminding me how pathetic your game is. Goodbye forever

Icebolt - 12 point FS Droid Engineer, 14 point Master Artisan

Thunderbolt - MLS, 4/4/4/0 Defender, 4/0/0/0 Healer, 2/0/0/3 Enhancer unlocked Dec 2003

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Can I have your stuff?image

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

And thank you for reminding me why I should never give this game another chance.

I swear, sometimes I'll think about trying SWG again, then posts like this quickly make me come back to my senses...

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    wow, that pretty funny man. It sucks though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I was going to end the game logged out in my YT... But until they fix that bug, I can't board her.

Got until the 4th...

Idiots. They didn't need to remind me why I'm leaving the game for good. But they did anyway. Especially after reading the BS interview on MMORPG.Com. They just don't have a clue how much they've screwed it up.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    Gee I wonder how long it will be unitl we see ANOTHER "I quit" post from Admriker? What's that make now 45, 46?
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by Jodokai
    Gee I wonder how long it will be unitl we see ANOTHER "I quit" post from Admriker? What's that make now 45, 46?

Actually I havent seen any other threads about him quitting so i doubt it.

Just wish wouldnt wait til their accounts are up. SOE can count that as just someone who cant afford it right now. People need to actually cancel. Click the button and say they wont play even if they have 3 months left. Then marketing can see clearly it wasnt because of lacking funds or something else.

Plus when I actually cancelled and not let my subscription run out I got to put in why and even got an email from a CSR asking me why. When you leave a concert early quietly then it could be any reason for leaving. But when the light shines on you and your asked, by the singer, why? You can say "Cause you suck!" and there is no question.

Kai

Originally posted by kaibigan34

Then you haven't been around long enough. He would post every other day how he was quitting, then he would say he quit and isn't playing anymore, then a week later he would post how the game was awful and he was going to quit. Go back and read them it was really pretty funny.
  • WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Actually I havent seen any other threads about him quitting so i doubt it.Then you haven't been around long enough. He would post every other day how he was quitting, then he would say he quit and isn't playing anymore, then a week later he would post how the game was awful and he was going to quit. Go back and read them it was really pretty funny.

Links plz

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Then you haven't been around long enough. He would post every other day how he was quitting, then he would say he quit and isn't playing anymore, then a week later he would post how the game was awful and he was going to quit. Go back and read them it was really pretty funny.

I went back to page 10 and didnt see one like that. So have to say your over exaggerating again.

Kai

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Im done for good this time. An yes I have quit in the past only to return. I had a love/hate relationship with the game. I loved SWG at times but hated SOE. One can only take the bugs so long before they give up. I stopped  believing the potential of this game will ever be realized.

And to keep myself from being tempted, I sold my account. Yesterday's bugs only helped remind me to not be tempted to look at this starter kit Im seeing on gamesites.

Ironically, Im kinda against buying and selling in-game items. However it was sorta like getting my money back for a bad product and Im putting the money to good use ($455). Im getting my son XBOX 360 for holidays.

So I told my friends what I was doing, most were shocked as I had been playing since beta 3 years ago. I deleted all my waypoints and cleared my ignore and friends list. I gave away some of my more precious loots to my guild for decorations (dead-eye decoder kit, magseal container, legendary carbine, etc). Sold most of my resources to several other Droid engineers I knew (well i wouldnt say several, more like 4 on whole server). And went to my favorite spot one last time, the cantina in anchorhead where I met most of my friends and had some great times. I logged out for the final time.

And thus my dream is dead. And what SOE will never understand is my passion and dream of playing in a star wars universe is all I ever asked for. I didnt ask to be a jedi, you sorta forced that on me to be able to play. I only wanted to be a simple droid engineer on tatooine who maybe did some secretive smuggling on the side. However SOE's vision was far different from mine, a vision created by a bloated corporation with no love for star wars and little understanding for how special that moment was in 1977 when I stood in line waiting to see the movie with my dad.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

Congrats to those few who manage to break away from SWG or any other mmorpg product that they shouldnt be paying to play. Its hard but its worth it. Save your money for better stuff! upgrade your PC or something.

Go to page 65 and look around there. Or you could just search Admriker and you'll find a bunch of them. Frankly I'm suprised Wepps doesn't realize this as he's in a few of the threads.

10 pages that's probably less than a week ago, try actually looking at dates before jumping to conclusions. And for the second time you can't OVER exaggerate (yes, yes I know, I'm SURE you did it on purpose...again)

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Selling your Accout !image  At least you have that option - If you want a better Star Wars Feel pick up Battlefronts 2 . Its even on the X-box. Goodluck and enjoy your wise decision based on the games host.

Edit - Speaking of Battlefront 2 and the New DVD that came out Today , The SWG Trails of Obi-Wan expansion was not on any store shelves - only on-line. Muhahahaha no shelve space for space garbage!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

I'm actually kicking myself for not doing it sooner. A year ago my account would have sold for $1500. My wife still has a hard time believing I could even get $1 for some game where I didnt even mail the CD's to the guy.

I think of the XBOX 360 (what im using the money to buy) as compensation for all the aggravation and lies I put up with for so many years. Not that SOE cares, they're still getting their $15

And whats really funny is Im sure SOE knows I did this. I made the mistake of getting too good of a screenshot. Someone noticed that you could see my name in my toon's chat box. Someone saw this and posted on my server a link calling attention to my toon being sold.

All SOE did was remove the post. They didnt ban me or my account.

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by admriker444

And thus my dream is dead. And what SOE will never understand is my passion and dream of playing in a star wars universe is all I ever asked for. I didnt ask to be a jedi, you sorta forced that on me to be able to play. I only wanted to be a simple droid engineer on tatooine who maybe did some secretive smuggling on the side. However SOE's vision was far different from mine, a vision created by a bloated corporation with no love for star wars and little understanding for how special that moment was in 1977 when I stood in line waiting to see the movie with my dad.

This is exactly how i feel. I wanted to *play* as a rebel  in Star Wars "galaxy" for so long  and SOE ruined the chance i had. I still remember standing outside the old cinema on a wet windy day in Scotland with my Dad, waiting to see this new scifi film. It changed my life as such. Sadly SOE didnt have any vision or emotive responce to SW and thus made the tripe that is called SWG :(
  • WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    To the OP.  I'm sorry your gaming experience has ended.  But as time passes and you watch as the game sinks lower and lower, you will smile and think, SWG just couldnt have disappointed more. 

Im hoping it will die soon. Only once its gone will the possibility of a SWG2 will be even considered.

The japanese servers closing puts it closer. And the fact that European servers are having so many issues makes me hopeful they'll lose several thousand accounts there and close them.

What I wouldnt give for 10 minutes of George Lucas time

Originally posted by admriker444

What I wouldnt give for 10 minutes of George Lucas time

The great vision that was once Lucas is long gone.

It has been replaced by the graphical nightmare that has taken over, IL&M.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

** yawn **

He is quiting the game "for good" ... AGAIN ....

What is it ? The third time ? Fourth time ?  (for all those who have not been reading this forum for a long time ... this is nothing new). 

Not counting the half dozen times he was merely "quitting".

** Yawn **

That would too much to hope for !

Have fun

Erillion

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

MAN I wish I could sell my account, but I never chased that silly Jedi carrot.

Do have an obscene amount of credits for a non-crafter non-looter.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Erillion

** yawn **
    What is it ? The third time ? Fourth time ?  (for all those who have not been reading this forum for a long time ... this is nothing new). 

** Yawn **

Have fun
    Erillion

** yawn **

yet another tired post from erillion

Originally posted by Wepps

Originally posted by Erillion

** yawn **
    ** Yawn **

Have fun
    Erillion

** yawn **

yet another tired post from erillion

**yawn**

Wepps is bored again image Wepps don't know the last time you played but last night was a big patch and dang the game was playing flawlessly, just had to tell you because I know you do love star wars. I just put on my new set of armor that I have had for so long and although I look kind of like a n00b version of a fireman from SWG, I was pretty stoked. I was on dantooine a the rifleman trainer in Yatta and it was raining really hard and all my settings were on full and there was NO lag. I'm gonna play again tonight, last night was awesome.

Really hard having SWG and EQ2 I want to play them both at the same time but have to ping pong back and forth. Anyways, later.

Originally posted by anarchyart

last night was a big patch and dang the game was playing flawlessly, 
    WOOP!  WOOP!  FANBOI ALERT!!!  This game has never played flawlessly.
     there was NO lag.
    WOOP!  WOOP!  Every game runs smooth when the game is empty!

Originally posted by Wakizashi

WOOP!  WOOP!  Every game runs smooth when the game is empty!

Did I mention there were more people than ever in Dant MO and I got invited to a full group within seconds of arriving? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can flame forever and the game won't die, it is in fact thriving. Have fun not playing any MMORPG's. image Oh and may the schwartz be with you.image

it must have been that influx of Japanese players who came on when SOE closed down their servers.