Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial version vs Store bought

USCMPvthudsoUSCMPvthudso Member Posts: 1

I am very interested in playing eve online as FFXI has become to dependent on many factors in the game. I would like to know please if the Download trial version is only a Demo verison or the actual retial verison?

I dont want to get to involved with it to only find out that its just a demo version image

If it is the real version and once I begin to pay for it monthly, will I get to choose a server to go in? When I first started the trial version, I had to pick the universe "Tranquility"

Thank you

Comments

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by USCMPvthudso
    I am very interested in playing eve online as FFXI has become to dependent on many factors in the game. I would like to know please if the Download trial version is only a Demo verison or the actual retial verison?
    I dont want to get to involved with it to only find out that its just a demo version image
    If it is the real version and once I begin to pay for it monthly, will I get to choose a server to go in? When I first started the trial version, I had to pick the universe "Tranquility"
    Thank you

Last time i played trial version it was a full version. YOu can only play for 7 days, after that your account expires and you have to buy it or just forget about your chars and move to another trial or another game. This trial gives u full access to every aspect of the game. And there is only one playable server, Tranquility, ive seen another one long time ago but i think it was test server.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Tranquility is "the" main server. There are no shards like many popular MMO's like to do, so ... everyone that plays EVE, plays with or against everyone else who plays. There is no "demo" of the game either, you download the full version of the game and you can get a 2 week trial account. Once the trial is over, you can no longer log into the game with the characters on that account but if you wish, you can buy a subscription and continue from where you left off on your trial.

There is a second server, which is used for testing out content that will be in the next patch but, you cannot really play on it since it has a cap of like 100 players at a time and very little as far as a market goes.

Happy flying ::::20::

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)