Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I keep wanting to come back to EvE online

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

edit: I posted this in the wrong forum to begin with ....ooops .

Eve online: the game I barely play.  So I started this game back in Feb of this year and played it off and on for months.  Id go from hardcore, to just a bit, to logging on once every 15 -20 days to change my skills.  So, now I'm at this point where I have a fair amount of skills built up as a miner (I can do strip mining) and mediocore to no skill in combat related skills.

I do have the urge to come back from time to time, but if I do I need a good corp that has a strong presence in the East coast US time zones (I'm actually in Canada so GMT -4).  This is the offical 'convince Rekindle to give Eve another fair shake' thread.  I've only been in two small corps but I swear if I join another corp that makes me mine for them for 3 weeks straight (and nothing more) I will go ballastic.  Thats not to say I dont enjoy mining ops, I'm actually one of those strange people who do.

What I really need is for a good corp to really expose me to the whole gambit of the game rather then staring at plagioclase for 10 hours a night.   If anyone whos reading this is in a "serious" Corp with large numbers and is willing to take me under their wing for a few hours for a couple nights I'd be willing to reactivate my account.  I'm really interested in escrow, and market prices and trade runs and racking up ISK, but it would be nice to have someone with a wealth of knowledge "help the newbie".

So if you're so inclined, help me in convincing myself to try this game out one more time.  I'm ripe for training as I have most , if not all, basic learning skills up to V. 

thanks in advance :D

Comments

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Seems what youre looking for is purpose. Join an alliance and move deeply into 0.0 is my tip. The backbone of any functional alliance is its miners and manufacturers. In an alliance, you seldom do things alone which is another plus, and everything you do has purpose to it. Be warned though, you might have to jump into a ship and defend your alliance space from time to time. Personally i would see that as a bonus but apparantly some people dislike the concept of pvp.

Being in an alliance makes you feel like you are a part of something grand, and the friendship and brotherhood within alliances is not to be taken lightly.

My personal reccomendation for a miner such as yourself would be Ascendant Frontier. Arguably one of the most well organized alliances in eve, and they have their own stronghold deep into 0.0 space with player owned stations and even an outpost.