Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class Selections?

Has their been any comments or info released on the available classes?

I seriously hope they dont go calling Rangers for Hunters and silly names like that. I guess this was done in WoW so they could give the Ranger class to Dwarfs without making it break the established "Classic Tolkien Adventure" fantasy setting.

Comments

• GrestehGresteh Member Posts: 146

Class list:

Protective Fighters

* Warrior
    * Paladin
    * Dread Knight
    * Inquisitor

Offensive Fighters

* Ranger
    * Rogue
    * Monk
    * Bard
    * Berserker

Healers

* Cleric
    * Shaman
    * Blood Mage
    * Disciple

Arcane Casters

* Sorcerer
    * Psionicist
    * Necromancer
    * Druid

• UbernukerUbernuker Member Posts: 18

That's an impressive lineup, thanks!

I'm hooked already? =)

• RunikRunik Member Posts: 2

haha I know what you mean. This game interests me so much. I just hope I get into beta

• Kem0sabeKem0sabe Member Posts: 443

I already did the whole beta aplication thing using the mail ms sent me a few days ago.

I hope i get in, i always wanted to play an offensive monk again since my D&D days ::::01::

All ur Mountain Dew is belong to me.

• DerekeenDerekeen Member Posts: 45

Druid as an arcane caster instead of a divine caster, which I take it means that they're going to be more on the damage dealing and offensive style of casting, yes? 

Interesting.  image

• UbernukerUbernuker Member Posts: 18

Yah you know Brad....

Balance the classes then create a druid class that can do everything the other classes can do plus more...

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451

Originally posted by Derekeen
    Druid as an arcane caster instead of a divine caster, which I take it means that they're going to be more on the damage dealing and offensive style of casting, yes?
    Interesting. image

Yes. According to the forums, the druid is not going to be a healer but instead be a damage dealer. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

-W.

• ReonackReonack Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Derekeen

Interesting.  image

Druids started life as healers, but once they removed summoners they moved them into nukers and added blood mage to be healers. Druid will have small heals (im guessing abit like pallys in EQ1) but there main job will be damage. Im pretty sure they will also be a pet class abit of nature mage of sorts image
  • ThunderlipzThunderlipz Member Posts: 45
    I'm really excited to learn more about these classes.  I just wish there was more info out there.  I hate NDA's haha.  Anyways, anyone have any more info as of late about the tank classes?
  • ReonackReonack Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Thunderlipz
    I'm really excited to learn more about these classes.  I just wish there was more info out there.  I hate NDA's haha.  Anyways, anyone have any more info as of late about the tank classes?

All we have really been told is that they will not be like there name sakes in EQ1

Pallys in VG wont be mini healers, Dread Knights are not SK

As for Inquisitors we have been told almost nothing about them yet.

Im pretty sure that War's are the only tank class in Beta atm so we know very little about tanks

• MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

image Did i hear OFFENSIVE MONKS? Holy crap they are bringing back the life of Eq into this game, this one will surely be remembered. I cant believe how bad sony destroyed Eq2. makes me wanna image

Loading Please Wait....

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427
    I just hope rangers can deal some "real" damage with bows and not the watered down damage every other game has delt us.
  • MaxisDBMaxisDB Member UncommonPosts: 78

I would just hope that rangers are laying on their backs all the time like they did in EQ. The class lineup for Vanguard is outstanding, this game looks like it could be the one to bring the magic back to MMO's.

• lunamonsterlunamonster Member Posts: 325

Maybe there'll be gnome rangers::::06::. Everyones favorite class and everyones favorite race.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    Sigil has said that while Rangers can use a bow, they won't be as "bow centric" as in other games.
  • scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Looks like EQ2 to me

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member UncommonPosts: 6

Originally posted by Jodokai
    Sigil has said that while Rangers can use a bow, they won't be as "bow centric" as in other games.
    And as of this point, ammo is unlimited. This is subject to change however.