Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

has the economy been fixed in FFXI?

jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

hello all, i have been recently thinking of coming back to ff11, but the reason i quit was because of farmers, thich i understand have been dealt with for the most part, but their lasting effect has left the economy in shambles. does it still take a tremendous amount of money to do anything in game, or have things fixed themselves more or less?

Comments

• spineshankspineshank Member Posts: 106

i quit a couple months ago due to various reasons *cough* racist company *cough*;  but anywho i asked a real life friend who still plays about the economy.  He laughed and told me to look at the prices for gil on IGE.  In other words no.  According to him prices get worse daily.  SE did make some of the drops like lizzy and the emp rare/ex but the original versions still exist through bcnms.  When i quit the prices were 1mil for boots, 1.5mil for hairpin,  3mil for okotes,  and a hauby was up to 4.5mil.  I personally don't ever see that economy getting "fixed".  Gilsellers have to pay monthly fees,  and people who only play because they can buy gil and not spend countless hours farming it have to pay monthly fees.  Bottom line is SE makes more money because of the economy problem.

That being said i'm assuming by "in shambles" you mean the price of some of the more expenisve gear like the boots and hairpin.  It still takes the same amount of time to obtain them as it did when the economy was not "in shambles".  Sure the prices of these items have risen 5 fold;  but so has the price of beehive chips,  silk thread,  and anything that is mined or farmed.  Yes all the numbers are bigger,  but the time/effort/ratio is all the same.  If you couldn't cut it then you can't cut it now.

There is no best MMORPG, only favorites.