Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Irth Online: Seven Exclusive Screenshots

Tuesday is the big test for Magic Hat Software and their debut title Irth Online. The game will launch after an extensive beta and several delays. In anticipation, Magic Hat passed along seven exclusive images of their game, heavily populated with assets from the defunct MMORPG Wish.

image image image
image image image

Thank you to Magic Hat for sending these in and best of luck on Tuesday!

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Hmm,

I wonder why none of those screens have character models in them. image

I don't need to be convinced that the game world looks good...my issue has always been the character models...

Joined - July 2004

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

Hey Burke, I'm kind of with you on the models issue. For me it wasn't so much the models but the armor and clothes. I wanna look cool in a game.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by remyburke
    Hmm,
    I don't need to be convinced that the game world looks good...my issue has always been the character models...

I can say the models look great, animations and textures leave something to be wanted...

dwarves has soo detailed skin and all but rest has so blank looks.

Armor is quite standard you've seen in history books as they aim for realistic armors instead of chain bikinis.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by kishe
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Hmm,

I can say the models look great, animations and textures leave something to be wanted...

dwarves has soo detailed skin and all but rest has so blank looks.

Armor is quite standard you've seen in history books as they aim for realistic armors instead of chain bikinis.

thats what ive said time and time again. Its not so much the models that are lacking, theyre pretty high in detail. But their texture artist for the models is just crap (excuse me). I think their best looking stuff is the items they took from Wish, other than that, I dont think they have a good texture artist anywhere on the premises ::::21::

• MalleableMalleable Member Posts: 1

Well the most important thing for me is intelligent character development. IE skill based development, rather than class based systems.

Models can be updated. Textures can be improved. But the system needs to be sound from the start.

Mal

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

I will wait and see what the devs for for a couples months after this release. If things seem to go well ill join it( i was in the beta)