Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of system do you recommend for this game?

LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

My current PC wouldn't be able to play this without tons of lag so I was wondernig what kind of system (video card, processor, ram, etc..) you guys recommend to play the game with little to no lag.

Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Basically, as long as you have 1gig+ of Ram and a 256Meg vid card, you are going to be good to go with any processor made within the last year.  I run a 1.8Ghz Athlon 64 with 1gig ram and a 256M Geforce 6600 and it is just fine with moderate graphics levels except when there are literally hundreds of people around me.  I also have a second computer that I run periodically that is a 1.7Mhz Athlon (tbird) with 1gig ram and a 128M Geforce 4 Ti, and it also runs fine for nearly all occasions.  Lastly I have a 1.3Mhz Athlon (forgot core, it is 3-4 years old) with 768M ram and 128M ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and it *can* run well with minimum graphics settings.

That should give you an idea.  Want to have no latency?  Get a system better than my 1.8G Athlon 64.  Ram and GPU FTW though with most games like SWG these days.  Put 2Gig ram and a 512M GPU in and you could run a dinosaur CPU like my 1.3M Athlon...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Ive played this game with 512 megs of RAM when it first game out with a geforce 4400.

I know several people who played SWG with less ram lol. Lag was bad but it still worked

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

I started with 256 MB Ram and an MX-400.

I now run 1 Gig RAM and a 9600 XT.

I recommend 2 Gig RAM and an X800.