Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is There Anything New To Talk About?!?!

8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

What is the deal with the Guild Wars forum for the past couple weeks? There does not ever seem to be any new topics worth discussion (hell, this might just be added to the list.) The only topics that seem to be popping up or at least getting any responses are topics like; GW sucks, This is not a mmorpg, Things you want to see {actually I think they meant change} added to GW. These seem to be fairly negative topics overall, but so be it. Positive or negative, these are the only ones being responded to.

I know why the negative topics are the most commented on; if you polarize an issue one way or the other you invite strong arguement for or defending against what is said. Arguing issues seen as black and white by a majority of people brings a lot of comments but it also brings a definate lack of DISCUSSION. Yelling and flaming eachother is not discussion...it's verbal garbage.

I have a couple ideas why GW topics have been slow in coming, see if you agree with anything:

1) GW has just basically hit its stride player wise, with a big boost to the customer base during the summer only to (expectanly) die down during school time. With this dead time, no really "new" ideas / people are being brought in. A new influx of players should be comming during the winter holidays.

2) People are either very content with the game to where they would rather spend their time playing it as opposed to writing stuff on it, or have disliked it enough to not care and have moved on. I would put myself in the first category except I have taken the time on my break at work to write it out.

3) There is really nothing worth speaking about, the major changes have occured, the next big changes are expected after the beginning of the new year. We are pretty much playing the game as it will be for the next few months.

Overall, I like coming here and seeing what ideas people have about the game, good or bad. The random flaming threads without reasons or proof/examples are retarded and I do not feel it necessary to comment on them. So lately that has not left a whole bunch of active topics to discuss.

Oh well, off to mine some more salt...

Feel free to use this thread to put out any "new" ideas ::::38:: that you have or comment on my ideas about why there hasn't been that many new topics of late.

Have fun playing whatever games you like.....::::28::

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Comments

• nubbinsnubbins Member Posts: 245

this game sucks and isnt an mmorpg image

lol but srsly, it does suk and isnt an mmorpg im surprised people still play that over instanced rubbish

go play a "real" mmorpg like AC , EvE or SoR

or if u prefer the bane of the mmorpg genre , instancing. I suggest that you continue to play the ungodly pile of sh*t known as GW until DDO is released it takes instancing to a whole new lvl and mmorpgs to a new low. And yes i should have a fair approximation of the game seeing im an alpha tester , well was for reasons im not getting into here (aside from the instancing issue)

God among men

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

- Christopher Walken
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Ya... DDO... *shakes head* the forums are going to be interesting when that one releases since people like to buy games without knowing anything about them.

At least give Guild Wars a thumb up for aiming for a different part of the market. The "MMOs" are in direct competion with each other, competing over monthly fees. Guild Wars is kinda establishing it's own little world. Not butting heads with any of the MMOs at all.

• Co2oCo2o Member Posts: 40

Guild wars is the perfect game for me. I don't need to spend 40 hours a week to enjoy it, be in a good guild and have fun. I can just pop in once in a while, do some missions, get in the next GvG match, farm those lovely griffons or hold the hall for a few hours :)

It's true that I sometimes get bored of it but than I just play something else for a few days and I come back to it later on. It's a bit like a love-hate relationship where I just cannot dump it.

I think it's a great game of its kind (whichever kind you think it is).