Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who will definately play this game

I certainly will be playing and of course my first character will be a Hobbit but I was wondering who else on the board will definately play and what races and classes they will start with. Also it might be good for those of us who already know we will play to organize a fellowhip now so we can have some good roleplaying pals and hit the ground running. What do you think?

Comments

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

I would think that only a global extinction level event would prevent me from getting and reveling in the game. 

My play style tends to lean heavily towards melee.   My game-play tends to be aggressive, so I choose races/classes that compliment that.  I've never been one to successfully pull off a thieving or shadow-lurking type of character.  I usually wind up jumping out of the shadows at the wrong moment, with a woefully inadequate dagger.  Of course, from a strict RP point of view, could make for some funny and interesting game-play.   So, given that, I'll more than likely go with either Human (with sharp and shiny sword) or Dwarf (with exquisitely made, orc hewing axe).  I like to balance things a bit too, either with a bit of archery to add some range to the party, or some minor healing to keep folk alive.

I'd be into the idea of forming a fellowship at this time.  I'd had the idea a couple times before.  Something casual, since we have plenty of time.  Discussing play styles, etc.  Indulge in a bit of speculation.  Set up a quick and dirty discussion board elsewhere. 

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• cromulentcromulent Member Posts: 20

Well it seems your style would not be duplicated by mine as I would prefer a sneaky little hobbit or a human spellcaster (not really sure how they are working this aspect of the game). I have to admit that I am leaning heavily toward a Hobbit for my first character. I enjoy scouting and doing support and focusing a little more on roleplaying than mixing it up in constant battle. I am usually pretty good at knowing my role in a group and sticking too it when it comes to strategy in and out of combat.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Planning ahead for a fellowship is a great idea. I'm all ears and raring to go.

I tend to play a Mage type class when RPGing. I'm not sure what classes will be available in this game but I'll gun for the Human spellcaster.

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221
    Sounds like a good mix to start with.  Sure makes it easier when different play styles are more natural, rather than forced.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• BontchimusBontchimus Member Posts: 32

arf

It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music!

• DeathjackalDeathjackal Member Posts: 5

I'm pretty new to this thing and don't really know what I am doing, but I am for sure going to play this game and I have been looking for others who are also. I'm not really sure if I have a certain style because it usually depends on the game, but I do know that I wanted to have an Elf character.

• lunamonsterlunamonster Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by Bontchimus
    arf

We already do besides if you think that's bad look at what space invaders did.

Well me I'll defintely be playing probably as a dwarf it's funny watching creatures run away from your terrible body odour.

• Butters12345Butters12345 Member Posts: 32
    i will definetly get this game if we get our internet to work again( idk whats wrong with it, it keeps kicking me off for no reason). I will most likely play as a dwarf character because I like being in the front line of combat and not in the back supporting with spells or ranged attacks. i will probably end up being the leroy jenkins of a group, running and screaming into battle just like i do in real life.

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Will be playing as an Elven Hunter..
  • FarnikFarnik Member Posts: 35
    I will be a dwarf, for I like dwarfs for some odd reason. 
    I will have multiple charactors, but I'm planning on being a champion as my main charactor.
    But when the classes came out my way, I'd be a dwarf captain. Alas! Only those stupid humans get it...
    Wait a minnute... I'm a human.

Me->

The rest of you->

• SturmfelsSturmfels Member Posts: 2

I will play a human Hunter and a dwarven Champion.

I allready know the name i will chose for my

dwarven Champion. It will be Barak Ul Mablad!

Barûk Khazâd, Khazâd Ai Mênu

• BensterBenster Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Oh I'll be there alright. You can count on it. I'll be playing a human hunter class and slaying orcs by the dozens. As far as organizing a fellowship... if you head over to the official boards there are loads of guilds looking for recruits. If you can get yourself into one of the larger ones you might even end up with a beta slot.
  • OrixenOrixen Member Posts: 14

Archer, Don't know what kind yet, most likely Elven but you know, i LOVE the idea of Lotr Online :P

its like .. Legendary >D

<..Tr|x..>

• DralonDralon Member Posts: 38
    I will likely have many alts, but suspect I will start with a Human Guardian, as I like the melee aspect most times. Beta will affect this decision of course if I am fortunate enough to get to test the game out for a while.

• error0073error0073 Member Posts: 5

I will be an elven hunter. 

• Wartorn[SC]Wartorn[SC] Member Posts: 97
    One comment - I guess everybody who posts here will be playing the game eventually - and yes that includes the people that screen that the game will fail and so on.... They actaully will probably end up being there for a short period only to satisfy their hunger of trying to be correct (or as I hope in-correct) about the comments they made before the games release.

I will be playing a human guardian or captain as my main - not sure will see which character suits me better. The rest I will randomly create something interesting (not that many choices  as in other games though).

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

I've been many times of char. From stealthy rogue to heavy magician.

I think it's time to try something new. I'm going to be the "tank" character this time.. dunno which race/class for that yet though.

• norse25norse25 Member Posts: 98
    I like dwarves for some reason.  As a race, they are kinda the underdogs.  I've been a caster and ranged attacker in other MMO's, so I'm going to dive in headfirst with a tank here.  Saying that, I will probably make several toons to see which one I enjoy most.

• LazzerusLazzerus Member Posts: 99
    I will definatly be playing, and will be another elven hunter.

My opinion matters to everyone...

• TankhidesTankhides Member Posts: 1

I am a mele kinda cat myself! Thinking ranger......However I do enjoy the underdog so hobbit is a likely bet anyways I feel like a giant nerd for looking foward to this game as much as I am .....NINTENDO!!! OMG!@!! AAUUUGGGGGHHHHH!! ..:P

• ROOKZ1ROOKZ1 Member Posts: 21

Definitely looking forward to plunging right in!

A human Champion will be my preferred class.  I just think two-handed fighting is just too studly to ignore!   

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    This is a game im realy looking forward to. I can see myself playing this game for years
    I'll prolly play a human hunter. And i most defenetly gonna have a crafter, most likly a weaponsmith.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Hauken
    This is a game im realy looking forward to. I can see myself playing this game for years
    I'll prolly play a human hunter. And i most defenetly gonna have a crafter, most likly a weaponsmith.

me me to but gonna be Dwarf hunter or gaurdian cant decide but def----> weaponsmith  

what! what!

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Originally posted by sly220

Originally posted by Hauken

me me to but gonna be Dwarf hunter or gaurdian cant decide but def----> weaponsmith  

what! what!

Yeah i played a weaponsmith in SWG, had tons of fun. Didnt have full vendors with lots of weapons for sale. I enjoyed custom making weapons for customers. Most of the time they provided the looted components for the weapon they wanted and then we haggled about the price. Didnt make millions like others but i had great fun becouse i was so close to my customers.
    Made a crap lot of credits making swoops tou

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• AthelaAthela Member Posts: 492
    I'll definitely play. Torn between Hunter and Minstrel.