Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will DAoC play on these comps? GFX Card question ;-)

Well I was wanting to know because I played on the servers not to be named here on MMORPG.com, My laptop and my Fianc'e's Comp runs both Intel EX GFX cards but play great we don't have much income so buying a new PC isn't an option yet because we don't even get $600 a month :-/But I was hoping you guys could help ;-) Because we want to play with a friend and he said he would pay for it if I started again with my lvl 44 Pally and she started too because she wants to play online with me. Our GFX Cards are these chipsets....

Mine: Intel Extreme Graphics(R) 82852/82855

Hers: Intel Extreme Graphics(R) 82845

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

what is the ram on those? if its less than 32 mb or they are older computers i doubt it unless you dont have catacombs.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

The best answer is maybe.

Integrated graphics are some of the worst graphics available. They have gotten better over time. At one point most games would be unplayable and a long time ago Mythic even said that any integrated graphics card would not play. Times have changed which is good news, but the bad news is that those are Intel and not Nvidia or ATI. The latter two I know will play, Intel it just something you are going to have to try out.

Both of the computers are Directx9 compatible and you need that for DAOC. To run the original game/trial without the updated graphics you need 32mb of Ram available for those chips. If you want ToA or higher then you need 64 MB available.

So if you want to play then I would update all of my drivers including DirectX and then dowload the trial. See if it works. If so then download the updated graphics and see if those work. If so then you should be good to go.

• Xexis_ChristXexis_Christ Member Posts: 2

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I tried the CC GFX with mine and some GFX show up some do not I get the new interface and new things I never noticed back when I started playing such and the /where command, and the cicular icon below an NPC to start a quest, I'll tell you on thing when I played I almost made it to 45 with out quests, but now that i've played more MMOs I kinda get the concept, They are used to get better things plues you get more moolah $$$
    But I'm gonna try with hers hopefully it works >_>
    Thanks for the help guys :-)

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

It runs on my 1gb RAM 32 mb card. I'm still waiting on that new computer... >.>

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Without knowing the specs for your computers it's awful hard to tell.
    As long as it's a true 3D card with at least 32MB of ram it should be fine. As long as the system is a PII or better system you should have plenty of horsepower as well. And anything over 128MB of RAM is good too for the system.

DAOC isn't exactly a bleeding edge game, technology wise. It's over 4 years old so any system built this century should do fine with it :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by Elnator
    DAOC isn't exactly a bleeding edge game, technology wise. It's over 4 years old so any system built this century should do fine with it :)

It is not a new game that is true, however with each expansion they update the graphics. Each expansion thus requires more and more system power. Since they are giving away ToA for free this means soon (if not now) SI client and graphics will not be supported - which means you won't be able to play them. So you will need at least ToA specs to play.