Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 is silently taking over!

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

I love it, more subscriptions than ever, new expansion, combat revamp that added more challenge to the game. The only thing I can say I want is more armors/customization. SOE is the hardest working man in show business, and it shows.image

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Things are definately picking up. Have noticed the increase in peeps on line.  Even saw my first second instance of a zone in a long long time. (e.g Oakmyst Forest 2). I had a look at my level up stats and way back i had actually levelled in the sixth instance of the oakmyst forest.
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

This isnt a statement forum, its a discussion forum. The content of your post has been discussed back and forth in countless other threads. You are repeating yourself for the 100th time.

This thread is nothing but an invitation to trolls and you know it. Stating that EQ2 has a rise in subscriptions without posting valid sources is just ludicrous. And to top it off you call SOE "hard working". I mean sheesh anarchyart could your intentions have been any more obvious?

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

If this post turns into yet another Prove Subscription Thread Im locking it. We have plenty already.

Let's keep the flames and troll/fanboi accusations to a zero please

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by pirrg

This isnt a statement forum, its a discussion forum. The content of your post has been discussed back and forth in countless other threads. You are repeating yourself for the 100th time.
    This thread is nothing but an invitation to trolls and you know it. Stating that EQ2 has a rise in subscriptions without posting valid sources is just ludicrous. And to top it off you call SOE "hard working". I mean sheesh anarchyart could your intentions have been any more obvious?

If you played the game you would notice the increase in population like those of us they play it do.
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

The topic I'm discussing here is how EQ2 is silently building its fanbase and taking over by adding content and tweaking the game to become the best fantasy RPG out there.image

EDIT: and yes, SOE is the hardest working company out there. They have done so much to this title to make it what it is today. I'm truly having the most fun of an MMORPG since EQ1.

Originally posted by anarchyart
    The topic I'm discussing here is how EQ2 is silently building its fanbase and taking over by adding content and tweaking the game to become the best fantasy RPG out there.image
    EDIT: and yes, SOE is the hardest working company out there. They have done so much to this title to make it what it is today. I'm truly having the most fun of an MMORPG since EQ1.

Well, i dont know what to say old boy. Seems all the arguing has finally loosened some toys in the attic on your part. Id truly like a thorough explanation to why you think SOE is the hardest working company "out there". Being a swg veteran, statements like that tend to get me quite heated.

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Well, i dont know what to say old boy. Seems all the arguing has finally loosened some toys in the attic on your part. Id truly like a thorough explanation to why you think SOE is the hardest working company "out there". Being a swg veteran, statements like that tend to get me quite heated.

wait, i didn't think that SoE had devs working on SWG. I thought lucas arts was running that joint.

I could be wrong though

While lucasarts own the license, they havent had any part in the making of the horrible trainwreck that is SWG.

If you had played the game, which I sincerely wish, you would know just how much effort SOE has put into this game.

From completely revamping the combat and improving it to where it is totally challenging, exciting and fun, to adding plethora quests, content, little mini-instances, mobs, texture optimizations, UI tweaks and additions, adding distinct voice emotes that are player selectable and add another dimension of fun to interaction.

A guild system that tells fellow members when their guildies log in, gain an adventure level, gain a crafting level, defeat a boss mob, complete a writ gaining exp for the guild, receive good loot or log out. A mentoring system where players even at max level can aid their lower level friends by becoming their level and helping them to complete quests, kill a particularly hard boss or just to help them gain experience.

Two adventure packs and a full expansion which add new lands, dungeons, mobs, loot and crafting recipes, with more content being added constantly.

All this is just off the top of my head without even using google. Yes, SOE is the hardest working company in the MMOG business, hands down.image

Originally posted by pirrg Well, i dont know what to say old boy. Seems all the arguing has finally loosened some toys in the attic on your part. Id truly like a thorough explanation to why you think SOE is the hardest working company "out there". Being a swg veteran, statements like that tend to get me quite heated. If you had played the game, which I sincerely wish, you would know just how much effort SOE has put into this game.
    From completely revamping the combat and improving it to where it is totally challenging, exciting and fun, to adding plethora quests, content, little mini-instances, mobs, texture optimizations, UI tweaks and additions, adding distinct voice emotes that are player selectable and add another dimension of fun to interaction.
    A guild system that tells fellow members when their guildies log in, gain an adventure level, gain a crafting level, defeat a boss mob, complete a writ gaining exp for the guild, receive good loot or log out. A mentoring system where players even at max level can aid their lower level friends by becoming their level and helping them to complete quests, kill a particularly hard boss or just to help them gain experience.
    Two adventure packs and a full expansion which add new lands, dungeons, mobs, loot and crafting recipes, with more content being added constantly.
    All this is just off the top of my head without even using google. Yes, SOE is the hardest working company in the MMOG business, hands down.image

So basically, after about god knows how long they finally implement stuff that should have been in the game since beta, and you're thrilled? Blizzard had all the aformentioned stuff implemented in early beta. That doesnt make SOE the hardest working company, it makes them the slowest working company.

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

But really Pirrg, you should play EQ2 (if you don't already) It really has made a huge leap in terms of content, which overall makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

I myself really Hate Sony (for example, their Customer Service number isnt toll free lol, ive never seen a company who didnt have a toll free number)

But I am starting to like SoE more and more because of the great game that they are making

I'm thrilled because the game rocks and it's the best Fantasy on the market today. It's dang fun!image

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

While lucasarts own the license, they havent had any part in the making of the horrible trainwreck that is SWG.

Pirrg I think you need to look in the back of  your SWG book at the credits. Are you aware that the quality assurance guy (the guy that makes sure the game has no bugs) works for LucasArts?

No when you're talking about "SWG Devs" you're talking about both companies SOE AND LucasArts.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

So basically, after about god knows how long they finally implement stuff that should have been in the game since beta, and you're thrilled? Blizzard had all the aformentioned stuff implemented in early beta. That doesnt make SOE the hardest working company, it makes them the slowest working company.

Pirrg you can hate SOE all you want, but you CANNOT compare the amount of content SOE has added to EQ2 to what Blizzard has added. Take a look at the patch notes and you'll see SOE has added thousads of times more content for no extra cost than Blizzard has added period.

You'll also realize that Blizzard hasn't nor does it have "distinct voices" for the NPC's. I don't care if you like the game or not, the fact is EQ2 has had more stuff added than WoW. Wether you like the new stuff, or the game at all in another matter entirely.

Looks like the servers are back to normal. After thursdays patch a few people in my guild d/c'd during the night but last night I had a group in Blackburrow and we defeated this nightmarish undercon three up arrow heroic in one of the oracle rooms.

Recent UI tweaks give the HUD even more polish now.image Gonna do the Haunted House quest tonight.image

None of what they have added to EQ2 resembles the candy-corned WoW in any way. If anything everything they have added was to differentiated itself from WoW. Combat revamp itself made the game even more challenging which is about the opposite of WoW content.

The fact remains that EQ2 HAS improved and puts WoW to shame in every area, including fun factor.image

If you're not playing any game right now as a friend I suggest EQ2. Give it an honest chance and you will have fun, I guarantee it.image

A terrible game? It's the best game out there for your fantasy enjoyment right now; it's just dang fun too. You feeding hatred to the unknowing on these forums isn't going to work. Anyone that tries it and gives it an honest go will become hooked.

They indeed ARE the hardest working dev team out there and it shows. If you had played since launch you would know this. Their blood sweat and tears show up in the finished product, and I wanted to point it out.

Thanks for comin' out. BTW I have over 500 thousand subscribers to play with, but I'll miss you just the same.image

• Kem0sabeKem0sabe Member Posts: 443

A terrible game? It's the best game out there for your fantasy enjoyment right now; it's just dang fun too. You feeding hatred to the unknowing on these forums isn't going to work. Anyone that tries it and gives it an honest go will become hooked.
    They indeed ARE the hardest working dev team out there and it shows. If you had played since launch you would know this. Their blood sweat and tears show up in the finished product, and I wanted to point it out.
    Thanks for comin' out. BTW I have over 500 thousand subscribers to play with, but I'll miss you just the same.image

When SOE starts putting new content in the game... content that doesnt use existing art resources, reashed zones, when the "new" raid content doesnt involve using a pre existent zone and renaming it, then i will agree that they are working hard. Mind you, im talking about the content that was launched before the expansion, now to the expansion itself, it has to be one of the smalest mmorpg expansions ever launched, its content would fit more acuratly into one or 2 content patches instead of a full fledged expansion, the zones are very small and they are very very few in number, there are little to no new armor designs that players can year, and the vaunted pvp function is very weak and clunky.

When SOE starts creating original content with new art, then ill agree that they are keeping up with the competition, untill then, they are lazy screw ups trying to fix a broken piece of software.

All ur Mountain Dew is belong to me.

None of what they have added to EQ2 resembles the candy-corned WoW in any way. If anything everything they have added was to differentiated itself from WoW. Combat revamp itself made the game even more challenging which is about the opposite of WoW content.
    The fact remains that EQ2 HAS improved and puts WoW to shame in every area, including fun factor.image
    If you're not playing any game right now as a friend I suggest EQ2. Give it an honest chance and you will have fun, I guarantee it.image

How so? According to the patchnotes of the last 4-5 patches including the combat revamp, id say that SOE is trying to imitate WoW best they can. I would hardly call being forced to kill 50 more mobs to level a "challange". If you read youre beloved times article on eq2, youll see that the SOE developers agree with me.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

I don't know that EQ2 is "taking over".  I do think the expansion gave it a shot in the arm, but this will likely be temporary. 

I went back for all of three days, rolled five characters, got burned out by level 7 on each of them with the "follow-the-golden-line" nonsense of the citizenship quest.  Yes, I have played before to high levels and yes, the citizenship quest is easy, but I simply do not enjoy any game which scripts my gameplay, even if for the first few levels.  And as far as finding a class I want to play, having to go 20 levels to find out is too much.

Overall, still a major design failure.  You must have game mechanics people can tolerate and a world people will love.  EQ2 has neither.  Even those of you who like the game, can you really say you love the new Norrath, that it's a world like Middle Earth or something that you want to escape into?

Whatever EQ2 sucked away subscription-wise from WOW will get stream back when Blizzard's expansion comes out.  Then both games will take major hits when Vanguard comes out, only EQ2 may not get up off the floor.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I have always said that EQ2 was a long term choice.

I am happy to read that I was not wrong, if only for my self inflated ego!  image

Now if SoE could 1 moment think of a MMO that would not involve Raiding, PvP or Tradeskills(in an enforced and restricting way at the very leas, can't care less if there is an optional form of those that you have no reasons to do as far as grouping and solo are concerned), I would say something like:  At last the champion is raising!  image  Until then, I can play Champions of Norrath again!  Wonderfull job Snowblind, to bad the evil SoE hardpush you for the deadline about the follow up...incredibly nice, just would have need more time for play testing and that, we can always blame that on Johny, not sure how, but Johny can take the blame, sure, can't he?  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye
    I have always said that EQ2 was a long term choice.

I am happy to read that I was not wrong, if only for my self inflated ego! image

Now if SoE could 1 moment think of a MMO that would not involve Raiding, PvP or Tradeskills(in an enforced and restricting way at the very leas, can't care less if there is an optional form of those that you have no reasons to do as far as grouping and solo are concerned), I would say something like: At last the champion is raising! image Until then, I can play Champions of Norrath again! Wonderfull job Snowblind, to bad the evil SoE hardpush you for the deadline about the follow up...incredibly nice, just would have need more time for play testing and that, we can always blame that on Johny, not sure how, but Johny can take the blame, sure, can't he? image

...what?

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

...what?

A little like you I rather bang my head in a wall instead of playing EQ2.

However, I don't mind praising when someone deserve a praise, and complains or hope for more when needed.  (or teasing a public figure like Johny for the fun of it)  image

If you would care about my english style and structures, instead of replying in public you would have send me a structure suggestion in private, about 1 thing on the english art of language.  image

Going public with a what?  After quoting the whole post, which you must understand at least partly, is the art of a troll.  image

The EQ2 community is far from perfect, they even harbor highly smelly folks (elderly peoples often smell, niak niak niak).  image  But they are a pretty nice and social community overall.  I dunno why you troll it.  At least keep rambling about what would make the game better, or what is a major flaw.  Be logical, don't trash for the fun of trashing.  EQ2 is the most social oriented game, and living with elderly folks I can tell you the last thing I want in a game is again more social obligations!  I want freedom!  And a guild, raid and everything is NOT freedom.

Trolls are hardly improving a site or the ideas about a game, at least they are...entertaining.

PS: With all the time I spend on those board ranting about raiding, I could raid and then enjoy grouping.  However, the process of raiding is something I can't bear, it drive me nut and make me want to PK everyone and start massive trains of death...so I just be a not so quiet board complainer until I can play to my heart content in a grouping or soloing setting, without the evil shadow of raiding, PvP or tradeskill lurking ahead!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Billius8

Even those of you who like the game, can you really say you love the new Norrath, that it's a world like Middle Earth or something that you want to escape into?

Very much so! I'm loving the game and the lore therein. It's a great escape and those who take the time to actually READ what the npc's say will agree.

Anyone saying EQ2 is trying to emulate WoW in any ways truly has either never even played EQ2 (liar) or just is completely insane.

Name me ONE SINGLE WAY in which recent developments have made EQ2 even a TAD like WoW? If anything they have made the game deeper and more challenging than it already was, which is going in the opposite direction of WoW.

Last night I finally took my turn at the haunted house quest which I found totally fun! You buy a ticket to the haunted house from a goblin in North Qeynos, and without giving too much away, you have to solve the riddle of what happened inside the house and brought its inhabitants to their tragic demise. The story is quite sad and horrific in actuality and you get a chance to put their restless spirits to...rest.image

Astounding to me how many people are willing to put down EQ2 who either haven't tried it lately or haven't EVER even played it! It's insane, but I understand SOE's reputation to some who just can't let go of the past. Don't judge EQ2 by the past, judge it by the present. If you do, you really will love it.image

For those who like illegal Lineage 2 servers, you know who you are. Why not just get a job so you can pay to play a game like EQ2 that actually puts fun content in the game, where it takes a good while to level but doesn't feel like a grind? Playing on illegal game servers discounts anything you have to say, sorry.