Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login, pick your skills, wait 2 years. log back in and play

BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

Login. Pick some skills to train. Log out and don't log back in for about 2 years. Then after 2 years you can log back in and use the skills you picked to train.

BRILLIANT.

Bp

Comments

• BorkensteinBorkenstein Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by BurningPain
    Login. Pick some skills to train. Log out and don't log back in for about 2 years. Then after 2 years you can log back in and use the skills you picked to train.BRILLIANT.

Interesting play style. I wouldn't have the patience to wait two years, so I'm actually playing the game in the meantime, but everyone does things their own way.

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by Borkenstein
    Login. Pick some skills to train. Log out and don't log back in for about 2 years. Then after 2 years you can log back in and use the skills you picked to train.BRILLIANT.

Interesting play style. I wouldn't have the patience to wait two years, so I'm actually playing the game in the meantime, but everyone does things their own way.

Bazing! I give it 4.5/5... well done.
  • nonjonronnonjonron Member Posts: 139

To Original Poster:

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!  1.  Login.  2. Learn the game.  3.  Figure out how to make cash (ISK).  4.  Join a Corp.  5.  Acquire Implants.  6.  Increase your learning skills.  7.  Specialize in a portion of the skill tree. 

Of all those listed above, Item 2 is the most important.  Since you obviously have not done that, I suggest you try.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Login. Pick some skills to train. Log out and don't log back in for about 2 years. Then after 2 years you can log back in and use the skills you picked to train.BRILLIANT.Bp

No skill takes 2 years to learn. So you'll go through a 19 month gap of learning nothing.

Most people tend to "play" a game. But to each their own I suppose.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

The original poster was obviously exaggerating the point.

I think most people consider EVE's skills like skills in other MMORPGs in that they dictate what your character can and cannot do. In other words, skills in those games make your character. In EVE, however, it's your actions rather than your skills that dictate your character. I view it like research, the longer you play the game, the more technology you have access to, allowing you to do more things as you go on. However, they do not dictate whether you are a pirate or a miner or a trader or a hunter, it means that over time you'll be able to do those things better.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

i swear i have seen this exact same thread three times (each time a different OP) this week. Its horrifically wrong, but i'm not gonig to take the time to find the other thread and copy-paste an intelligent response here. Instead i'll be sarcastic and obnoxious about it and reply with the following:

I'm so used to doing nothing but grinding in an MMO, when i'm given a game that doesn't force me to, i'm completely lost.

Make of it what you will.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

LOL, nice find! ::::28::

• BloodgoodBloodgood Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by stone-seraph
    i swear i have seen this exact same thread three times (each time a different OP) this week. Its horrifically wrong, but i'm not gonig to take the time to find the other thread and copy-paste an intelligent response here. Instead i'll be sarcastic and obnoxious about it and reply with the following:Originally posted by BurningPain
    I'm so used to doing nothing but grinding in an MMO, when i'm given a game that doesn't force me to, i'm completely lost.

hehe.. good one ::::28:: that is the OP of this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears