Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about Starting FFXI?

TechnyzeTechnyze Member UncommonPosts: 80

Thinking about Starting FFXI? I was just curious to see if anyone was thinkign about starting FFXI. The halloween event just started so now would be a kool time to start to get the halloween staff and pumpkin helmet.

If anyone wants to start playing messaged me at:
AIM:RIK Xraided
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
..and I will get you on my server and help your with most of what you need to get into the flow of the game.

Comments

• blackwolf082blackwolf082 Member Posts: 42
    im intrested!!!
  • chaudchaud Member Posts: 4

<rant>I would've been interested about 2 days ago. I bought the game, and so far I've only been able to play for 2 hours. I don't know what's going on with this game, but now I remember why I left it in the first place. The community ROCKS, but management BLOWS. I tried emailing them, and got a form reply. Tried calling them, and the line was busy. Used the chat tech support, got a form response from the guy and he just left. All in all, nothing has changed, and that's not a good thing</rant>

• TechnyzeTechnyze Member UncommonPosts: 80

either that or you never took time to learn how you use the nice POL support feature and gm call... but w.e works.

• SamSpadeSamSpade Member Posts: 2

Got my Pitchfork+1 earlier today woo! ^^ Finally i can /em prods you in the ass with his pointy stick.

I Hope they add more events during the year in FFXi. Christmas is coming up soon, gonna have to get my santa hat lol. <3 the Christmasy music they play in Jeuno. I think they should make it snow in Sarutabaruta/Ronfaure/Gustaberg for fun.

i started last christmas so never got to jeuno by the time the Xmas event was over so missed out on the music
    Got my fork+1 to woot :P

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by chaud
    <rant>I would've been interested about 2 days ago. I bought the game, and so far I've only been able to play for 2 hours. I don't know what's going on with this game, but now I remember why I left it in the first place. The community ROCKS, but management BLOWS. I tried emailing them, and got a form reply. Tried calling them, and the line was busy. Used the chat tech support, got a form response from the guy and he just left. All in all, nothing has changed, and that's not a good thing</rant>

Yeah I know what you mean, but they had a 10 hour downtime, extended by another few hours, to replace backbone hardware.

That, and for some reason an angry bunch of people are DDoS'ing POL and FFXI - don't know why but it's frustrating. Causing all kinds of other problems.

• paul456paul456 Member Posts: 4
    i'm thinking of starting but i got no money and i dunno much about it yet
  • kitanokitano Member Posts: 5

xXx  ,   I am definately interested. I will be picking up the game for the fourth time though. After a year long break from it. I am sure alot has changed and alot is the same. As soon as i get my PC moved from Nashville TN to NYC ill send you a AIM messege and we can get started.  (after thanksgiving most likely)

Just so you know, The biggest reason i quit the game was not having a genuinly fun group to play with, having to constantly play catch up, and getting frustrated as hell when i got stuck on lvls.

If you are willing to help me out though, i think i want to try to stick through it until end-game, for once in my life.

• lukebond007lukebond007 Member Posts: 12

FFXI is a real cool game espeicially for FF fans like myself, its not any old easy MMORPG like WoW it requires skill and most of all paitence since it take time to level and you have to rely on other players alot from level 10 on wards however the game has well great detial and the quality of service is excellet ! its a one to get !

• ThiefboyThiefboy Member Posts: 29
    It's not DDoS attacks. Ted from Service & Support spilled his Cup O Noodles on the servers while trying to hit on the office hottie and fried them.

PANDEMONIUM

Tokitoki -- Rank 10

75THF/37NIN - Meriting -
    69WAR/34NIN - Leveling -
    Bonecraft 68+2

Yea kool just hit me up i started a LS for a lot of new people to the game just to get started gonna try get a nice group together to create static partys, help on events, Gairrosn questions, missions ect ect ect. so just contact me on aim or msn.
    BTW the name is SkillzThatKillz

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    u rule!
  • KingofmmorpgKingofmmorpg Member Posts: 45

11 When i started a new player on my mates file it was very easy to start of until he go to jail becvause i called the file wankerbrain and he got a crimal recorded and hade to delected the file ::::18::

Games rule

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I don't even think it's skill. FFXI does require certain things but it's time, patience, and pure luck at times to have fun. Way to much time and patience. FFXI is a game I want to enjoy and I did until I got to the early teens around 12 to 14. Then it became pure hell and work just trying to get the items needed for my sub job quest. A lot of the work and frustration comes from getting a group. Everyone is leveling up their sub job. Those with the sub job seem to get picked first. Then there is the language barrier that one has to go through depending on what time you play (why didnt they just give North American players their own servers, European players their own servers and keep the Japanese players on their own servers? The game is already frustrating enough and filled with time sinks but this just makes it worse). Maybe it's just my bad luck, I don't believe I ever did anything wrong to anyone to not get groups at such a low level since I soloed for the most apart until I got to the point where I had to to go the Dunes. I've had people tell me flat out that they wanted someone with a sub jub. Instead of having to go through that I just quit in the end. Hell did't even finish my free month when I first played. I went back sometime later a few months ago after my first time playing, it was the same thing all over again. I tried different classes, like black mage and white mage thinking, hey everyone needs those in a group. Still nothing, people weren't looking for them or need them so they say. Ugh.

Final Fantasy XI was a game I remember really looking forward to before it came out. I even preordered the game, made sure I got updates on my computer (gave me an excuse to finally do it) and set aside time that christmas when I finally opened it to play. The most fun I had in the game were levels 1 to 10 to be honest cause anything that was so damn frustrating and felt like work. Linkshells, waste of time trying to join those it seemed. I think I'll stick to the single player Final Fantasy games.

Maybe if I played with people I knew, and started out with them things might have been different but so far the game as left a very sour taste in my mouth and nothing seems to have changed much. Even the interface is as frustrating as ever. You'd think they'd at least change that for the PC version but no.

Good luck if you decide in playing it. Maybe things have changed for the better. If not I just hope you have a better time. I wish I could to be honest.

Sounds like you got on a server with a lot of high levels like one of the very first server mixed with some bad luck and impatientness(if thats a word.) Well im sorry that the game had to be like that for you ... once you 20 have many option cause your in jeuno and where you level is right outside jueno you can shop at ah while you wait for PT ... um.. just Its a lot easier cause you dont have to run a long way to get to a place where you can see the auction house or get in your house its all right thier..... well if you ever try to play agian im here to help and if you cant get a hold of me :/... i wish you better luck.