Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isn't Warcraft a strategy/war game?

SquareSquare Member Posts: 254
Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never played it, but isn't Warcraft a stategy/war game?  How could you make this into a MMORPG?

-----------------------
Screw ENIX

-----------------------
It's hip to be square.

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Yes, it was a real time war game with orcs, humans, elves, and stuff like that.  Its no surprise they are choosing to make a mmorpg from the world its lore is based in.  I mean if you can make a mmorpg out of Star Wars you can make one out of anything.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

They are using the "Lore" like Misti said.  They are also using the world from Warcraft and all the characters...

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
  • The_FiddlerThe_Fiddler Member Posts: 6
    Warcraft has always been a strategy but i dont think it really matters. Just because it did one thing before doesnt mean it has to stick to it.. In fact, Warcraft has so many great ideas, themes, and lands That im sure WoW will easily be one of the best MMORPG's... Blizzard has a touch for games... even on the new tries for everything, it all seems to come out perfect... One of the greatest characteristics im hoping for on this game is the music... well graphics gameplay,etc but the music blizzard and warcraft usually have is amazing... WoW im sure wont let me down on this.

• ARV1ARV1 Member Posts: 64
    Also they can build off the already existing story of warcraft. This will make the game better, I think.

If you want a free and fun mmorpg to play check out www.ogreisland.com
    My char is MelkorARV feel free to ask me for some help if you need it.