Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Good for vets, -horrible- for new players.

13»

Comments

• chickensoupchickensoup Member Posts: 13
    im trying out the 14 day free trial and it looks like the community is ok. they ,make me feel as though im part of the team already.EVE is great!
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Seriously guys, if you arent into either pvp/politics or industrial simulators/economics then dont bother with Eve. Youll save yourself the frustration.

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by pirrg

Seriously guys, if you arent into either pvp/politics or industrial simulators/economics then dont bother with Eve. Youll save yourself the frustration.

why??? u dont like EVE Online?

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• chickensoupchickensoup Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by pirrg

yeah im into politics right now so i think Eve is the right choice for me. guess im bored with the usual hack and slash thing goin on so i switched to Eve.

• duffync5duffync5 Member Posts: 2

The biggest problem with newbs is that they don't get into a good corp to start, so they have a poor learning curve.  Yes you can have a teir 1 bs in a month or two, but it takes dedication and you still won't be able to fly it well even when you get it. 

The first 2 weeks are the hardest, but far improved since when I started.  (I built a new character from scratch, no money, nothing just to see how it way).

PvP is feasible in 2 months time if you're willing to only use frigs and maybe cruisers.  It's knowing how to use them, not just having them.

Eve is nothing to do with who has the highest skill points, it's about tactics.  I was doing lvl 3 missions in 3 months on one of my characters because I knew what I was doing from past experience.  People's main problem is having too great of ambition's too early on.  I think that's mainly because it's not a level based game, so they can't understand that they have to invest time before they can do a lot of the things vets can do.

All I know is that I have a 20 mil skill point character and a 12 mil skill point character and both are great.  The 12 mil is out there daily fighting the good fight against far more experienced people and winning a lot of the time.  The 20 is a great researcher and wonderful mission runner and miner.  I have plenty to experience whenever i feel like and all it really takes is time.

Compared to games like WoW and Guild Wars, Eve is incredible because there's always something to shoot for.  Even with everything I've accomplished, there is so much more I can't wait to do.  Carriers are my current goal for the December release.  I also have high hopes for Freighters and doing blockaid runs from 0.0 to empire with high value trade goods.

Electronic warfare is a really fun and different way of fighting.  A whole bunch of new drone types are coming out which should really change the complexity, it's just limitless.

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by duffync5

The biggest problem with newbs is that they don't get into a good corp to start, so they have a poor learning curve.  Yes you can have a teir 1 bs in a month or two, but it takes dedication and you still won't be able to fly it well even when you get it. 
    The first 2 weeks are the hardest, but far improved since when I started.  (I built a new character from scratch, no money, nothing just to see how it way).
    PvP is feasible in 2 months time if you're willing to only use frigs and maybe cruisers.  It's knowing how to use them, not just having them.
    Eve is nothing to do with who has the highest skill points, it's about tactics.  I was doing lvl 3 missions in 3 months on one of my characters because I knew what I was doing from past experience.  People's main problem is having too great of ambition's too early on.  I think that's mainly because it's not a level based game, so they can't understand that they have to invest time before they can do a lot of the things vets can do.
    All I know is that I have a 20 mil skill point character and a 12 mil skill point character and both are great.  The 12 mil is out there daily fighting the good fight against far more experienced people and winning a lot of the time.  The 20 is a great researcher and wonderful mission runner and miner.  I have plenty to experience whenever i feel like and all it really takes is time.
    Compared to games like WoW and Guild Wars, Eve is incredible because there's always something to shoot for.  Even with everything I've accomplished, there is so much more I can't wait to do.  Carriers are my current goal for the December release.  I also have high hopes for Freighters and doing blockaid runs from 0.0 to empire with high value trade goods.
    Electronic warfare is a really fun and different way of fighting.  A whole bunch of new drone types are coming out which should really change the complexity, it's just limitless.

ur right, EVE is an intensive game it needs a lot of thinking as u have said tactics..its a game for those gamers who has a high level of intelligence. hahahaha, u have to know how to handle ur ship and to use all ur skills in a way and all the stuff that u can get.

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked