Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone see this genre of MMORPG befor?

i am looking forward to POBS its a new kind of game that hasnt been done befor

(  OMG!!image how about somone make a game were you could be a Night and kill monsters!!!)

Comments

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Well, from what i've seen, it's going to have some similarities to Eve but the similarities are really small.

• accelagirlaccelagirl Member Posts: 10

looks to me like a tactical/strategy/whatever based MMO... not sure if they have a name, but i think they do.. :x

EVE has that basic premise too~ so do a lot of outpost-y type games...

But of course it's really hard to judge how similar it is to them at this point~ :3

• Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by accelagirl
    looks to me like a tactical/strategy/whatever based MMO... not sure if they have a name, but i think they do.. :x

But of course it's really hard to judge how similar it is to them at this point~ :3

Not even close, I'm afraid. You really should visit their website if you want to see what kind of game it is.

In a word - revolutionary.

• nomikahnnomikahn Member Posts: 4

If you are speaking about the Pirate MMO genre, then it has some kin in the business. None of which will become as large in my opinion.

Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates is an odd MMORPG that incorporates minigames to determine the outcome of sailing, bilging, repair, gunning, and swordfighting. After being declared a certain title of expertise in all puzzles, you can eventually be a captain of your own ship. Puzzle Pirates has free trial, and in my opinion is greatly worth trying.

I haven't personally played World of Pirates for much longer than 5 hours total. I feel it lacks a certain feeling that makes a pirate game...well, a pirate game. Small community, being an average of 50-100 online during peak and a maximum server capacity of 600. This game comes closer to the mechanics of Pirates Gold! than anything else.

• K'lonK'lon Member Posts: 2

There was that game bungee was working on ( I think it was a joke and the website has been removed) Called "Pimps at Sea" that was kind of a Pirate MMORPG...

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Seems pretty unique to me.  Sure its historically based, like Roma-Victor but clearly a much different game.   Im looking forward to giving it a try.

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• SweetMMOSweetMMO Member Posts: 3

Seems pretty unique to me too. Hopefully this game will be amazing! ::::02::! So far so good.

• ahsudburyahsudbury Member Posts: 29

I totallydisagree with your comparison to Eve Online.  As a nearly 3 year vet of Eve Online (just reactivated), I can tell you there are no similarities.  PotBS involves teamwork to control a ship --- multiple toons on the same ship controlling different functions such as navigation, armaments, etc.  And you can board other ships and have hand to hand combat.  Eve Online on the other hand, you "are" your ship, if you catch me.

The other major difference is that PotBS involves a world that is reset periodically, I believe every few days.  Eve Online is totally persistent.  They are two very different concepts --- I can imagine PotBS is going to be far friendlier to the casual gamer that doesn't want to be immersed nearly as much as Eve Online requires.  Although Eve is also friendly to the casual gamer (time-based skill training), to become involved in the universe politics you need to really be pretty hard core.

Looking forward to this game, HYPED UP about it I might say!

AHS

• IplayffxinowIplayffxinow Member Posts: 14

Personally, I have never seen an mmo go in this direction before. I'm pretty surprised that a pirate mmo hasn't come out before. I'm having a tough decision between choosing from Sun, Wiki, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Vanguard : Saga of Heroes, The Lord of the Rings MMO, and RF (looks like my favorite so far). Too many good mmo's coming out and I can't play them all. No es justo!

• Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by ahsudbury

I totallydisagree with your comparison to Eve Online. As a nearly 3 year vet of Eve Online (just reactivated), I can tell you there are no similarities. PotBS involves teamwork to control a ship --- multiple toons on the same ship controlling different functions such as navigation, armaments, etc. And you can board other ships and have hand to hand combat. Eve Online on the other hand, you "are" your ship, if you catch me.
    The other major difference is that PotBS involves a world that is reset periodically, I believe every few days. Eve Online is totally persistent. They are two very different concepts --- I can imagine PotBS is going to be far friendlier to the casual gamer that doesn't want to be immersed nearly as much as Eve Online requires. Although Eve is also friendly to the casual gamer (time-based skill training), to become involved in the universe politics you need to really be pretty hard core.
    AHS

Actually, you need to check your facts before posting about this. In PotBS your ship IS your avatar and multiple people cannot be on board your vessel. You and only you control your ship. There is no hand-to-hand combat in R1. While in port, you are in third-person avatar mode. As well, the 'world' does not reset only the ports that have been captured revert to their original owners after six days, but otherwise the world is persistent.

Please be sure you are posting factual information in the future.

As you were.

• GriskardGriskard Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by ahsudbury

I totallydisagree with your comparison to Eve Online. As a nearly 3 year vet of Eve Online (just reactivated), I can tell you there are no similarities. PotBS involves teamwork to control a ship --- multiple toons on the same ship controlling different functions such as navigation, armaments, etc. And you can board other ships and have hand to hand combat. Eve Online on the other hand, you "are" your ship, if you catch me.
    The other major difference is that PotBS involves a world that is reset periodically, I believe every few days. Eve Online is totally persistent. They are two very different concepts --- I can imagine PotBS is going to be far friendlier to the casual gamer that doesn't want to be immersed nearly as much as Eve Online requires. Although Eve is also friendly to the casual gamer (time-based skill training), to become involved in the universe politics you need to really be pretty hard core.
    AHS

YOu have no idea what its about do you?

First: PotBS does not require teamwork on a ship, it is 1 player per ship, your thinking of puzzle pirates. In PotBS you ARE your ship, unless your walking around in a city.

Second: Hand to Hand combat will not be in Release 1, but you can board other ships.

Third: It is reset periodically, but only every 6 weeks.

Fourth: It is based upon skill, so the casual gamer can compete.