Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lvl 20 mandatory soloing

i dont understand why people instantly bump this game because of the fact you have to gain 20 lvls to group mabey its wont be so hard and thers supposed to be a whole story line behind i its orginall and it might work so dont disown this game because of it might not be good but well see apon realse wont we

and also it did win the E3 editor's choice award so mabey it has potenital to be a really good game u never no

arrrrrrr to long to wait

Comments

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

because some people feel that it takes away from the mmo factor of the game. they feel that it should be like every other mmo allready released, but yet complain if they make it "cookie cutter".

its true you cant make all people happy but i think this aspect of AOC will be innovative, not sure if i will like it or not but im going to give it a try ::::28::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• soulabductersoulabducter Member Posts: 10
    yeah, the first 20 lvls will be quite fast also, nothing to be upset about, if ppl dont like it, dont play but I can say they'll miss something gr8 :)   hopefully FC will be able to pull this game off into a nice smooth game with alot of fun factors in it and the fact that is gonna be M-rated is so gr8, kinda sick of beeing in wow, feels lika Im back in kindergarden...
  • SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

I like the idea gives me 20 levels to mess around to see if I like my character or not. You dont pay any monthly fee for the first 20 levels. 

Also some problems Ive had in grouping is that people dont know how use their charcters fully, hopefully this is cut that down a bit.

• DeadDOGDeadDOG Member Posts: 362
    the games going to have some new combat setups and the first 20 level of solo will be to teach you how to play with the new setup and to teach you how to play your class. and get you some items and armor so you do not pop out naked.

www.DigitalMindz.com

• sandman1337sandman1337 Member Posts: 6

think about it i can play and make as many toons as i want and get them to level 20 with out having to pay at all.

and like he said it will make people learn a little about what there class if for.

instead of people power leveling someone i Power level people from 0 to 48 in one day in some MMO's

then sent them off in to the meat grinder. lol they did not know anything. people where asking them for buff spells. And there like whats that?

i think it will be good. for us and free for anyone that just want to play untell 20

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by sandman1337

think about it i can play and make as many toons as i want and get them to level 20 with out having to pay at all.
    and like he said it will make people learn a little about what there class if for.
    instead of people power leveling someone i Power level people from 0 to 48 in one day in some MMO's
    then sent them off in to the meat grinder. lol they did not know anything. people where asking them for buff spells. And there like whats that?
    i think it will be good. for us and free for anyone that just want to play untell 20

I dont no but i wounder if its one charcter slot because if one charctrers over 20 and ones no tthen yo u would be paying for another one.

But good idea now i can mess around with a guy Sweets

i just cant wait to JUMP SLASH and KILL the guy on the mount

MY move Joking ♥ this game in a good way not gay way

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246
    Hopefully there will be more than one character slot. I dont think I have heard of an MMORPG with just one slot. 
  • AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772
    FFXI, unless it changed. used to have to pay for an extra character slot.
  • BalthusBalthus Member Posts: 2

The lvl 20 mandatory soloing will enable players to (hypothetically):

• master game controls
    • understand character capabilities
    • understand their environment
    • develop character history and identity before grouping

This should greatly help immersion, and is quite a simple (but daring) innovation on the part of the AOC designers. I for one am very enthusiastic about the concept, and can't wait to give it a try!

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

i also think it's a great idea for all the above reasons. you can save face by learning the basics alone instead of asking people how to so the simplest things. by the time you are able to group you know how to play well.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451

I really like the 20 level solo idea. First off, it is free (no subscription I mean). Secondly, you get to learn your toon before entering and playing with others. Third, you get to see if you like the game enough to pay monthly for free for 20 levels. It is like getting 2 types of games for the price of 1. I rationalize by seeing it as me paying the $30 bucks (or what ever) for the solo part and the subscription (if I really like the solo part) for the multiplayer part.

-W.

• HiyesHiyes Member Posts: 17

This is a unique and awesome feature to famirialize ones self before becomming a 'man' and aventuring into the outside world::::02::

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

There is another bonus to this as well. Look at WoW for example, although a fair share of the immature players make it past level 20 there, every time I level a new toon, I find the zones for the under level 20 crowd are far and away the most immature. By "weeding out" people not willing to learn this game and do the adventuring needed to graduate to the MMO element, hopefully we'll find that many of the kiddies just don't have the attention span necassary to make it to the live servers.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by soulabducter
    yeah, the first 20 lvls will be quite fast also, nothing to be upset about, if ppl dont like it, dont play but I can say they'll miss something gr8 :)   hopefully FC will be able to pull this game off into a nice smooth game with alot of fun factors in it and the fact that is gonna be M-rated is so gr8, kinda sick of beeing in wow, feels lika Im back in kindergarden...

It's gonna be rated M? Wooooooot!!! A freaking dream come true, a decent looking game with nice concept and MMO finally goes M.  I have suggested to all MMOs that i have played to implement "optional" and "restricted to adult subscribers" thing called "GORE PATCH" which woul allow us horror freaks to enjoy cutting off heads and have blood stained swords. 
    From the movies that I have seen, I'm not sure if it was gameplay or SG movie, but I saw blood burst when one guy hit the other one with the sword.  I'm excited about this game.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • felorefelore Member Posts: 222
    I kinda like the online/offline idea to this.  I assume the first 20 lvls is offline based?
  • dominitdominit Member Posts: 64

I think its a good idea to set people up with a good grounding and understanding before they set into the online part of the game, nice unique feature.::::20::

• OhlsOhls Member Posts: 25

*only read the first post*

I think that since the game is geared towards mmo gaming, the first 20 lvls will be really fast and youll probly earn most of your xp doing quests that teach you how to play the game.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by rekoning

I dont understand why people instantly bump this game because of the fact you have to gain 20 lvls to group. Maybe it wont be so hard and there's supposed to be a whole story line behind it. AoC is orginal and it might work so dont disown this game because it might not be good. We will see upon release wont we.
    Also, it did win the E3 editor's choice award so maybe it has potential to be a really good game you never know.

*Now edited so people can understand what you are trying to say!* image

Seriously...that took like 5 minutes to edit...my god dude lol.

Joined - July 2004

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

My question might be is after our 20 levels of 'mandatory' solo, will they think it's ok to fashion all the content around groups?

You don't have to force me to solo, I quite like it. I have no problem with content that encourages groups but if it becomes a prerequisite to 20+ leveling, I doubt I will be there. As far as MMO being some group only affair, if I want to be social I will go to a bar or some place. Games are me and a computer. I play MMO level to compete and that doesn't mean in a direct fashion.

• ebbreyebbrey Member Posts: 2

20 lvl's solo is a great feuture.. Beacuse by then you dont have all those whiners that wants to understand the whole game by the log-on screen. This is just another great feauture towards a mature community.

:D

ebb

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Since they claim the combat system is more than point and click, I think forcing an in-depth training period at the begining will ensure that people have some idea of what they are doing.

But what I really like about the concept is that you can basically skip the stage in the beginning of most mmos where you feel like basically a helpless noob thrown into the middle of a world. You see all kinds of people running around, but you have littile idea about whats going on and rely on simple llittle learning quests.

The beginning of most mmos basically make the player solo anyways for the first while. Conan appears to adress this by giving players their own little world devoted solely to developing a character and learning the game before they are thrust into the multiplayer community.

This will hopefully weed out some of the annoying ignorant people and make for a more mature environment as well as letting you jump right into the more interesting and fun areas as soon as you get online.

Forcing everyone to have the same foundation will make for a better overall mmo.

• ExhaultedFisExhaultedFis Member Posts: 8
    you can always skip it when you create your 2nd char :) but i agree with most of the posts in here :) great way to learn the game :)