Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please change this game so I can play.

BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

I want to play this game but I'm not interested in mining. Also I dont' want to wait like a year before I can PVP. I want to be able to compete with the best after 3-4 months of character development tops! I want to work for my character and the idea of auto-level while i'm logged out seems really weird.

So how about it?

BurningPain

Comments

• GradetGradet Member UncommonPosts: 17
    best after 3-4 months? sounds like you want everything handed to you...
    I got the game for you, Its called World of Warcraft -- in pvp you can compete with the best in 2 months if you play a few hours a day.. takes about a day to get to 18, and about 6 levels a day to 40, then it cuts back to 2-3 a day till like 54 then its about 1-2.. and this is with like 5-6 hours a day, items are real cheap and easy to find.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by BurningPain

I want to play this game but I'm not interested in mining. Also I dont' want to wait like a year before I can PVP. I want to be able to compete with the best after 3-4 months of character development tops! I want to work for my character and the idea of auto-level while i'm logged out seems really weird.
    So how about it?
    BurningPain

Write the devs!  Who knows, maybe they'll change the whole game!

• BloodgoodBloodgood Member Posts: 76

So how about it?
    BurningPain

I dont think EvE is for you then. Better stick to WoW. Its a much easier game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears

• panjitpanjit Member Posts: 153

I want to play this game but I'm not interested in mining. Also I dont' want to wait like a year before I can PVP. I want to be able to compete with the best after 3-4 months of character development tops! I want to work for my character and the idea of auto-level while i'm logged out seems really weird. So how about it? BurningPain

Doesnt sound like Eve is the game for you. Do you think its fair that you should be able to compete evenly with people that have been playing for 2years+ after 3-4months? Saying that though if your patient and specalise well you can combat certain ship types evenly within 6months (noteably t2frigs). As for the skill system its very much a hate or love relationship with most people, some just cant get over the fact that you dont have to grind to progress - if you want to "work for your character" then the beauty of Eve is it lets you do that in so many other ways, you just have to look beneath the surface as Eve is a massively complex and deep game.

• BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by panjit
    I want to play this game but I'm not interested in mining. Also I dont' want to wait like a year before I can PVP. I want to be able to compete with the best after 3-4 months of character development tops! I want to work for my character and the idea of auto-level while i'm logged out seems really weird. So how about it? BurningPain

Doesnt sound like Eve is the game for you. Do you think its fair that you should be able to compete evenly with people that have been playing for 2years+ after 3-4months? Saying that though if your patient and specalise well you can combat certain ship types evenly within 6months (noteably t2frigs). As for the skill system its very much a hate or love relationship with most people, some just cant get over the fact that you dont have to grind to progress - if you want to "work for your character" then the beauty of Eve is it lets you do that in so many other ways, you just have to look beneath the surface as Eve is a massively complex and deep game.

I don't want to wait that long just to PVP.

Bp

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by panjit

I don't want to wait that long just to PVP.

Bp

So what you're saying is you want them to change the whole game for you, so you don't have to put any time into it so you can go kill people?

Play Unreal Tournament. It has exactly what you're looking for.

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Change the game just for you? Or people like you? Im sorry, but some people like to work hard for stuff... and the veterans in Eve would be pissed if a noob comes in and is able to compete with them within a few months.....

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

EvE is a game for anyone, it's got everything, and you can do anything.

2-3 Months you could be out killing in PvP no problem at all. Your best bet is to join a PvP Corp. and get help and advise off them. I recommend joining a Merc. Corp. there are bloody loads of them now-a-days, and if they're not under a contract, they'll make one up of their own on some n00b mining Corp. (which i might suggest you try out). Train up for a Battleship (I'd recommend Amarr Race) and get your Corp. Mates together and do some level 4 missions, and/or Complexes to get money quick and easy...and  a lot better than mining!

I haven't mined on EvE for a very long time, and I'll never ever do it again. If you can bare it, that's fine, mine for a Battleship, but like i said, Complexes are much better, imo. It shouldn't be too hard to find such a Corp. as they all want PvP like the rest of us, because it's absolutely the best game for PvP.

Train up for armor and/or shield hardeners (depends which Race you are), Weapon Disrupters, Target Jamming and Statis Webifiers (those interceptors can be deadly).

There's so much to do in this game for PvP, you'll find something you like. Whether it's picking on defensless miners in Low Security Systems (you can easily do this Solo in 2-3 Months of training), and Ransoming them for ISK, or raise the adrenaline rush and join an Alliance out in 0.0 and have massive Fleet Fests...I suppose you could pick on Miners in 0.0, if you're brave enough ;)

I'd also advise you to train up your learning skills, they make A LOT of difference in training times (Show Info on the Skills you want to train, the primary attribute is most important, the higher your attribute, the quicker the skill will train. Secondry is also important.) Points are worked out like so; "Points per minute = (primary attribute + secondary attribute/2) x (1 + 0.02 x Learning skill level)" (Copied from EvE's 'Find Answers' Database, which i also recommend you look at, you'll find all your answers there).

This doesn't even begin to tap into what EvE can be about, there's so much more. You can do whatever you like.

-iCeh

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

I recently read about a player who used the 14 day trial and was a pirate at the end of his trial.There are a few guides that are player made that helped him along the way.

Granted he had a buddy helping him but it goes to show that ANYONE can do PvP in EvE and it does not take a year.

I started a new character and was commiting crimes within 4 weeks you just need to put your mind to it.EvE is IMHO the best mmo out atm as it provides the players with tools to accomplish most anything you can think of in that game world.

Free your mind and it can be done.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    This thread is hilarious.

• FatalissFataliss Member Posts: 15

So how about it?
    BurningPain

imageYou can Pvp when you get yourself a kestrel frigate (2 days top) if you know what you are doing ,get the frigate  and equip it with : 4 rocket launchers, 1 afterburner,1 scrambler,and you are ready to pick on noobs like yourself  LOL...come on dude ,people have played this game for years now and alot of the veterans are hardcore pvp
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by pirrg
    This thread is hilarious.

I don't know why anybody even responded to this kid in a serious manner.
  • RabbidFerretRabbidFerret Member Posts: 92

Now see, if everyone could PVP as soon as they joined it wouldnt be as fun. PVPers have played the game for a while, and know how it works. It is not like Wow PVP where any idiot can do it, it takes a good understanding of the game. I like waiting a year for it, it keeps the retards out of PVP, the people you fight are experianced, smart and damn good people.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

I'm just wondering why people are waiting for a year to pvp, or even considering that??? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in my corp started pvping at about the 2 month mark.  My char is only a month old, but I'm joining a gang to go pvping tonight.  Why wait?  if you have a ship, some guns, and some friends, go shoot someone. 

Oh and in response to the "I want to work for my character, the off-line skill training is wierd" comment.  Just because you have the skills doesnt mean you're good.  It's like people that go to college and get a 4 year degree and then end up working at Burger King.  You have to put what you learn from the skills into practice.  The game is all about experience, learning, and adapting. 

I'm going to agree with everyone else and say "Go play WoW".  My roommate loves it, and plays it 8 hours a day.  Of course all he talks about is getting his epic gear, and then getting more epic gear, and then grinding for hours to get a rank in pvp.  Whereas I talk about the wars I'm in with other players.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• jinkzjinkz Member Posts: 2
    LOL...  This is exactly what has destroyed so many MMO games out there... changes and nerfing to attract a more costumers... the game should not change for the players.. the players should choose the game they find attractive. image
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Luckily the Devs at CCP are very open to what they're going to and not going to change.  They have no intentions of making this game into what the masses want.  They have a very very very loyal fanbased, and it will continue to grow as it's done.  It's not rated numero uno on this site for nothing.image

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• gozetec02gozetec02 Member Posts: 3

So how about it?
    BurningPain

There are literally hundreds of ways to make isk in eve.  I used to be a miner and can produce and research blueprints and the whole shootin' match but its boring and I don't blame you for wanting to find something else.  Following are a good way to make isk.

Run Missions:  Agent missions are good to run they offer isk and items you could sell or use.  There are different types of agents from fighting ones to ones that give courier missions where you have to take a certain object from one place to another for isk.

NPC Killing:  In 0.8 systems and below there are "rats" (Short for pirate) are mostly in asteroid belts and some planets and also at stargates these will show up as + on your over view you can shoot at these and you will get Isk from killing them.

Piracy:  This includes killing people who are mining or some wayward haulers.  You can even do this in high sec systems by using your hauler to steal ore mined by other miners into jettisoned containers.  Be at the planet the belt belongs to and use your scanner to monitor when they leave then come in and fill your hauler.  Why spend hours mining when you can accomplish the same thing in a few minutes.image

When you consider that EVE is an open ended game meaning there is no storyline and everything from the market to politics is all player driven and also considering the Imense time it takes to train skills would you want to have to be loged on to Eve for 28 Days while you train Battleship lvl V, I think not.  Get out there in space and find something else to do.  That is the beauty of eve, if you are bored with one thing you can go do another thing.

There are plenty of people in eve that can help you and point you in the right direction.  Also if you picked fighter when you made your character you should be fighting not mining.

And oh yea ALL HAIL THE SHORT BUS SQUAD.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Puoltry
    I recently read about a player who used the 14 day trial and was a pirate at the end of his trial.There are a few guides that are player made that helped him along the way.Granted he had a buddy helping him but it goes to show that ANYONE can do PvP in EvE and it does not take a year.I started a new character and was commiting crimes within 4 weeks you just need to put your mind to it.EvE is IMHO the best mmo out atm as it provides the players with tools to accomplish most anything you can think of in that game world.

I don't buy it. In 14 days you can't even get decent weapons. Let alone train to where you can get a decent pirate vessel. You can BARELY Get into cruisers in that ammount of time.

Unless he was a pirate that hunted exclusively in noob areas. Because if he went to 0.0 he'd have died almost instantly.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• TekkaTekka Member Posts: 6

::::36::::::36::::::36::::::36::::::36::

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Originally posted by Elnator
    I recently read about a player who used the 14 day trial and was a pirate at the end of his trial.There are a few guides that are player made that helped him along the way.Granted he had a buddy helping him but it goes to show that ANYONE can do PvP in EvE and it does not take a year.I started a new character and was commiting crimes within 4 weeks you just need to put your mind to it.EvE is IMHO the best mmo out atm as it provides the players with tools to accomplish most anything you can think of in that game world.

I don't buy it. In 14 days you can't even get decent weapons. Let alone train to where you can get a decent pirate vessel. You can BARELY Get into cruisers in that ammount of time.

Unless he was a pirate that hunted exclusively in noob areas. Because if he went to 0.0 he'd have died almost instantly.

Rifter + 200mm autos + scram + mwd = Pirate ship

Piracy does not need 0.0, piracy does not need battleships. Piracy sure as hell doesnt need t2.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• FatalissFataliss Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Elnator

I recently read about a player who used the 14 day trial and was a pirate at the end of his trial.There are a few guides that are player made that helped him along the way.

Granted he had a buddy helping him but it goes to show that ANYONE can do PvP in EvE and it does not take a year.
    I started a new character and was commiting crimes within 4 weeks you just need to put your mind to it.EvE is IMHO the best mmo out atm as it provides the players with tools to accomplish most anything you can think of in that game world.

?????? i got my first cruiser in 6 days ,and matter of fact the best pirates are flying frigates (4-6 frigates  can easily take out a BS )i know a guy ingame there are hunting and pvp in a freaking cruiser in o,o systems ,and another guy there have been playing for a month now and all he has been doing was to pvp ( he got a security status on -1,2) and has a bounty on 5 mill on his head and he is flying a rupture ( minmitar cruiser )lol and who said that pirates are hunting in o,o systems ????.Pirates are hunting where the targets are ...YOU  most have  been doing something terrible WRONG in this game if you almost take 14 days to get into a cruiser ?????
  • Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

You Can Start with Frig At lvl4,..spaceship command at lvl2,.just need to get spaceship command to lvl3 to train for the cruiser skill,.ummm 6 to 8 hours tops,.someone gives you the cash you can fly one in your first day,.will take around 2-4 days to have all the skills to lvl3 that use the items on the ship.

So ya,. A blackbird with 2 jammers, 2 noss, web ,warp jammer, 2 shield boosters, 2 light hybrids, 2 power diags,.. been the classic Newb pirate combo since day 1.it jams other newbs no problem,it holds them down so they cant run,.it dont run outa NRG all that fast and 2 small blasters can add up dmg fast to a newb on the recieving end.

So in one week you can pvp with this,. your not all that good,.but if there not ready for such a set up they will die,.kill assult ships and intercepters with this,.and assult ships and intercepters take alot longer to fly..

Been playing eve-online for years,.The game has been made alot easyer for all you new players,.just thot you should know this,.Well thats my 2 cents..

• pittbull1pittbull1 Member Posts: 108

why use two shield boosters? better to fit ecm on them to use the bonus as well

If pitbulls could lock their jaw the first pitbull would still be hanging on