Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont hate... apreciate!

sheeshsheesh Member Posts: 330
How come alot of people are dissin AO?? This game is great. Been playing for only a month and I LOVE this game!! But in my opinion... if you got nothing possative to say, dont say it at allimage

Comments

• BlkcatBlkcat Member Posts: 152

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, negative or positive.

AO has had, and still does, some problems. The huge amount of lag that was added after 16.0 being a prime example. Also not really happy about the removal of ignots from Heck drops.

However, IMO, its still way ahead of much newer games of the type that are currently out there.....cough.....SWG.....cough. Least we have content, customer service (ARK's) that not only have a clue about the game but in most case's actually play it, and most of the fix's dont seem to break everything else. ::::39::

I'm geting ahead of myself though. Lay off with the "if you got nothing positive to say, dont say it at all" comments. If there was never any negative feedback, then how would a game get any better?

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Personally I find the user interface somewhat non-intuitive and the combat is bland (hardly any combat sounds, bland effects, repetitive, etc...). Granted, I didn't get very far (didn't get past the newbie zone) but user interface usability is a big one for me.

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246

Originally posted by Ranma13

Personally I find the user interface somewhat non-intuitive and the combat is bland (hardly any combat sounds, bland effects, repetitive, etc...). Granted, I didn't get very far (didn't get past the newbie zone) but user interface usability is a big one for me.

I agree. The game needs a major UI overhaul and then some. Then I would be willing to try it again.
  • dwjrmedwjrme Member Posts: 15
    Its hard not to hate, when this is such a suck ass game. pvp is awful. people try to claim its skill based but what ever. pos is more like what this is. ne ways. i hate the new expansion and i hope this game is cancelled so i can the losers that play this game on something real like Ulitima or some shiz like that.
  • dwjrmedwjrme Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by sheesh
    How come alot of people are dissin AO?? This game is great. Been playing for only a month and I LOVE this game!! But in my opinion... if you got nothing possative to say, dont say it at allimage

everyone has a right to their say. so you shut the heck up. (lmao @ contradictions.)

Well, after reading this thread, I decided to give the game another go. I'm currently running some of the beginning missions near Rome and my impression is that the game feels...'awkward'. There's a lot to do and lots of monsters, but moving around can sometimes be jerky, especially in combat. You also can't visually discern between players and NPCs and several times I've run up to players thinking they were NPCs and right clicking on them, only to get the trade menu instead of a dialog box. Monster loot also doesn't stack and there's no way to move multiple items at once, leading to frustrating situations where you want to sell off 20 pieces of monster loot and you have to move them one by one to the trade window. Lately, another bug I've been getting is items not wanting to equip themselves. The chat prompts 'Please wait' but my items never get equipped and I have to relog to fix it. In the same line, monsters also have quite a big of lag when they die. Not only do you have to wait for their corpse to turn lootable (it takes something like 1-2 seconds but is very noticeable), but the experience you get from it is also lagged. I killed one mob expecting to level up and I didn't, so I thought I needed more exp. Halfway to running to my next mob, I all of a sudden level up.

I'd hate to say it, but I'm surprised the game got as far as it did. Even older games like DAoC have better interfaces and control.

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

I find it funny how all of you say that the game has all these bugs and problems, especially since my experience in the game has been excellent. The UI is a bit bad but who cares? The lag? I rarely get lag except when i'm in a very populated place. The graphics could use some upgrading but I can get passed that. There are a few bugs but nothing major..

The ONLY problem I have with the game is the mission system. The missions are boring and tedious but it's made up for by the excellent tradeskills.

Who cares about the UI? Just about everyone who's going to play the game. Crank your graphic detail up to max and watch the lag ensue in cities. Or why not try equipping multiple implants onto your character and be frustrated at the 'Please wait...' messages. What about waiting for a corpse to turn to lootable and the general lag there is when it comes to combat? Theses aren't just minor bugs, they're major things that affect gameplay severely.

• MaadiahMaadiah Member Posts: 67

I'm always fascinated at how ppl can get so passionate about whatever MMORPG they are playing...at the moment. I've been doing MMORPGs for 5 years; and yes, one of the first was AO. It's also been interesting to watch the membership across all games get younger and younger, as the games become more and more of a commodity as software publishers target a broader and broader consumer group.

I recall in the first couple of years of AO that it was really rare to find ppl under 18. Then there seemed to be an invasion of 12 year-olds and imho, the community aspect suffered a bit because of it.

This is why I am so thankful that spin-off games like WoW etc came onto the market. I'd like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for re-directing the kids' attention away from such a community-oriented, experience-rich environment like AO.