Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need help

ok i'm looking for a good game to play online but the problem is i stay in the u.k. the arsehole of the universe for online gaming as i only have an 64k isdn line image

the u.k. is really crap for broadband roll out image

i have played eve online since day of release but don't like it much now here is where you can help can you please suggest online games that won't lag on a 64k line (yeah i know theres not much out there probably lol)

i was thinking on getting anarchy online so if some1 who has it and has a slow connection can let me know how it plays plz do

and any other games you might think that are good image

thanks in advance

Comments

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992
    Everquest, woo. I used to have 56k, but now I have DSL but 56k for everquest was fine for me. The only bad thing was if someone were to pick up the phone, I would get disconnectedimage. Everquest is a fun game I think, just an idea...you might like itimage

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

stay away from ao if u got a slow connection. it can even be laggy with a fast connection. if u get a fast connection though i recommend it, its really fun, and doesnt lag THAT much.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    EQ and DAoC ran fine for me when i was using a 56k dial up.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I am in UK mate and have to say broadband is hard to get.Lucky to be sitting on a telewest 1mb connection myself but used to live in an area of manchester that had no broadband but was less then 1km from city center so i understand.

DAoC runs on a euro server which is nowhere as good as the US server.You get patches very late like 2 months behind,they continously have security breaches and server going down.

Plus side is the euro servers are always filled and newbie grounds are packed.Game in general is nice.Many play on dial up this game but have horror stories in RvR (PvP).

EQ without the new modelsis quite  playable on dial up.There are ubi soft servers that run euro EQ.They actually(when i last heard) do have much better CSR then SoE and stable servers.But word of warning ubisoft got a lot of transfer of euro players from SoE so expect yourself to be in a world of players who are a few years ahead of you and in general EQ takes a long time to level to get anywhere so that means you will be just about to hit level 60(thats without the uber loot,level 65 highest and the numerous AA points) when EQ2 comes out.

Also you might find it hard to group with people since most players are far established in game and when they make new chars they will equip them to the point they don't need to group.

Both are good games but been around for a while.

Now i am currently playing SWG myself and euro launch is either friday or next week.There will be fresh servers meaning all are gonna be newbies .I will make a char there and if u wish we can hunt together since i know all the ropes.

Word of warning SWG still has bugs,requires 512 ram and a geforce 3ti at least.But many from UK are playing on 56k and say its ok apart from crowded cities.

Also it might not be the game for everyone but i suggest been a new game and with the servers been fresh(euro servers not gone live yet even)  you will enjoy it better as you start on a level field with all the rest and with guidance you should progress very well.

Try pre ordering it from play.com but they are pretty slow in delivering so maybe just pop into the local EB shop when its released or reserve a copy with them.That is if you decide to go SWG.message me too.

EQ and DAoC are better games to be honest but not fresh .

• GeorgeCGeorgeC Member Posts: 4

thanks to every1 who replied to my help queryimageimageimage 

seems like a nice bunch of ppl here ...i will try eq and swg plus i'm gonna finish my d/l of ao since it has taken me 2 days so far still have another 14 hours to go

once again thanks to all hope to see some of you in 1 of the games image