Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: IBM Partnership

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, an IBM website talks about that company's association with CCP, the developers of the successful game: EVE-Online whose concurrent numbers have been the focus of a number of news stories here at MMORPG.com in the past few months. The webpage itself talks about server technology and improvements in terms of concurrent user capacity. Says CEO of CCP, Hilmar Veigar P

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• pyros98pyros98 Member Posts: 267

What caught my attention was the remark that the cost of the next game will be greatly decreased...Next game?!

I haven't kept up on rumors, but I hope they put out another game. image

• BeastageBeastage Member Posts: 27
    And at this time , CCP are planning to upgrade EvE servers into more powerful 64-bit clusters with alot more power - so as long as there will be bandwidth EvE should be able to support 30,000 people same time! w0000t ........ btw the problem is really to get 30,000 players online same time but that would require 150,000 subscribers

YO YO YO

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Beastage
    And at this time , CCP are planning to upgrade EvE servers into more powerful 64-bit clusters with alot more power - so as long as there will be bandwidth EvE should be able to support 30,000 people same time! w0000t ........ btw the problem is really to get 30,000 players online same time but that would require 150,000 subscribers

Well, if those servers can support large scale fleet battles without random node crashes and lagspikes, i would come back in the blink of an eye.

• CydoneCydone Member Posts: 171

During World War 2, to count the Jews in the Concentration Camps and better prepare them to be gassed and later burned, the Nazi used IBM Puncture Machines.

But who cares right?

• badirontreebadirontree Member UncommonPosts: 42

[quote]Originally posted by pirrg

Well, if those servers can support large scale fleet battles without random node crashes and lagspikes, i would come back in the blink of an eye.[/b][/quote]

random node crashes and lagspikes ???

i have not got any of them the last 6 months....

the lag 98% of the times is from your graphic card :P

100 vs 100 ships to load and 600 missiles per 5 sec + 1600 guns laser to track = 0-1 fps....

you press ctrl+alt+shift+E to remove temporaly the effects and ctrl+alt+shift+T to remove temporaly the turrets... and no lag there :P

now if are not fast enaff to lock targets is your problem :P

when they say targets to kill... the moment i lock them they are allready dead... i need to work on my locking skills :P

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

[quote]Originally posted by badirontree
    [b][quote]Originally posted by pirrg

Well, if those servers can support large scale fleet battles without random node crashes and lagspikes, i would come back in the blink of an eye.[/b][/quote]

random node crashes and lagspikes ???

i have not got any of them the last 6 months....

the lag 98% of the times is from your graphic card :P

100 vs 100 ships to load and 600 missiles per 5 sec + 1600 guns laser to track = 0-1 fps....

you press ctrl+alt+shift+E to remove temporaly the effects and ctrl+alt+shift+T to remove temporaly the turrets... and no lag there :P

now if are not fast enaff to lock targets is your problem :P

when they say targets to kill... the moment i lock them they are allready dead... i need to work on my locking skills :P[/b][/quote]

The last big fleet battle i was in, the game froze when the opposing fleet warped in. That is, it didnt just freeze for me, it froze for everyone. We literally took it to the forums and talked about it while our ships were frozen in space. Then the node went down. Shutting off turret effects only works clientside, im talking node crashes and horrid lag that affects everyone in the fleets.

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Cydone
    During World War 2, to count the Jews in the Concentration Camps and better prepare them to be gassed and later burned, the Nazi used IBM Puncture Machines.
    But who cares right?

So does CCP remind you of nazis or did you just feel like saying that?

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• CydoneCydone Member Posts: 171
    not at all. However, I just feel this fact is over ignored, and found it funny to post something like this, in a forum where noone cares about anything at all.