Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga of Ryzom free trial

Ok normally when a game has free trials its free. Nope not this game I began filling out the info then second page came up and told me to go buy a box copy in stores first.. dont most mmorpgs come with free time when you buy the game? I never played a mmorpg that made you buy the game and immediatly pay for the monthly fees before you even log in.

Game looks kinda cool was wondering if anyone out there has played it and what they think of it.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

You are greatly mistaken. There is a 14 day trial and should you not cancel the subscription before that date you are charged for the price of the game purchase, and get 14 more days before the account is charged a subscription fee.

I would know, I have created multiple trial accounts over the last year.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

But the page that came up told me to go to the store and buy a box copy.

Ohh nm I see I did read it wrong. Ty might try it out.. btw hows the game? 

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GRIMACHUGRIMACHU Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Grunch
    But the page that came up told me to go to the store and buy a box copy.
    Ohh nm I see I did read it wrong. Ty might try it out.. btw hows the game?

Depends, what do you like?

Postmortem Studios
    Roleplaying games to DIE for
    Shop here

• Rahan01Rahan01 Member Posts: 14

Awesome mmorpg, very immersive

Probably the best crafting/harvesting system

More challenging/deep than some other games like AC2 or WoW though

Lots of players are moving to Ryzom these days, dissapointed with the lack of originality you get elsewhere.

Ryzom is slowly growing & getting the same kind of popularity than Eve online, even though they're totally different games.

I tried most mmorpgs since Ultima Online & this is the best for years in my opinion. Worth a try for sure image

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411

I like it, its a nice MMO. However, its not for everyone but worth trying the free trial :)

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Does it have pvp?

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411

yes infact a huge patch involving PvP went live yesterday :)

Outposts soon and chapter 2 will extend it still further.

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• Morphem92Morphem92 Member Posts: 23

You need to try it for a while to get a glimpse of the quality of this game ( leave to the mainland, travel, explore, test some new skills etc.. ) By then you'll be hooked ! Ryzom is probably the best mmorpg around actually.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

3 words:

No content

Grind

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Originally posted by scaramoosh

3 words:

No content
    Grind

Like 98% of all the other mmo's so what else is new? Its about having fun. Play what works for you is what i say.

BTW i played Ryzom quite a bit, is a butiful game and a great consept. Sad thing is so few ppl play it. I wish it luck and hope more ppl join in. I might reactivate down the road.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

3 words:

No content
    Grind

So's breathing... stop doing that. :-P

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Ryzom rocks, it got a very immersive world.

As for content, it got even more than some other similar games ( ex : raid engine massive fight invasion, dev created events on a regular basis, etc ..)

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

3 words:

No content
    Grind

So's breathing... stop doing that. :-P

Actually breathing has contents, LOTS of it even.

First of all there is oxygen, we need it to survive, dont want to get technical just trust me on this. <-- Reward

Smell, it is one of our senses, if you use your noose while breathing you can get all sorts of information from that. <--- Reward 

Then there is all sorts of dangerous chemicals and particles that may very well kill you. <--- Risk

As I see it breathing beats the majority of all MMO's out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

3 words:

No content
    Grind

What are you talking about? There is content.... You make your own content. You log in and say "I'm going to go to this location and kill this creature!" You just can't get tht quality content in any other game. LMAO!

Originally posted by Grunch
    Does it have pvp?

Unfortunately yes, and increasingly so, but the playerbase (mostly) isn't too keen.

Postmortem Studios
    Shop here

3 words:

No content
    Grind

Define what you mean by 'content', because its oozing with it, maybe just not the sort you like.

Postmortem Studios
    Shop here

Originally posted by sleepyguyftl
    3 words:

No content
    Grind

What are you talking about? There is content.... You make your own content. You log in and say "I'm going to go to this location and kill this creature!" You just can't get tht quality content in any other game. LMAO!

What is wrong with this record player? It KEEPS getting stuck... *smack*wallop*

Postmortem Studios
    Shop here

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by GRIMACHU
    Originally posted by sleepyguyftl
    3 words:

No content
    Grind

What is wrong with this record player? It KEEPS getting stuck... *smack*wallop*

If you don't like the record, just don't listen to it.