Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need some help here

hey guys i have a geforce fx 5200 128 ddr and i wanted to know what would be the best vid card to buy   any help ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    I have the Geforce FX 5900 ultra 256 and love it but its really expensive.  image

• jbvegetajbvegeta Member Posts: 109
    ok so how much is it i would like to know i might buy it

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Hmm, Im not really sure.  I got it as part of my Alienware computer.  It didnt seem like that much but everyone here on this site says its an expensive card.  Maybe one of them knows what it costs to buy it alone.

I know there is a new one now that looks pretty neat too.

NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5950 Ultra

The Alienware Extreme Edition GeForce™ FX 5950 Ultra provides a definitive performance edge - featuring an exclusively enhanced engine speed of 500MHz and memory speed of 975MHz.

Architected for blazing speeds and delivering unmatched visual quality, the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra ignites PC gaming. The second generation Intellisample high-resolution compression technology (HCT) delivers the highest-quality antialiasing for ultra-realistic visuals with no jagged edges. And, powered by the second generation NVIDIA CineFX™ 2.0 engine—with the industry's only true 128-bit precision processing—the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra takes cinematic-quality special effects to new levels while providing the industry's most compatible and reliable gaming platform.

Thats from the Alienware site.  Its part of the system so I cant really see how much it costs alone.  Its like $300 more then if you drop this card and take a NVIDIA GeForce™ FX 5600 Ultra 128MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video instead.

Sorry I dont know more.  image

thanks for the help

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

dude....

what game are you shooting for?

if u tell u s that...then we can trell u what card....

if your looking for the best

then your looking at the ati radeon 9800 pro

well i was thinking the geforce fx 5900 256 pro  that any good i am looking for the best